Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes please. More upheaval is just what we need.

Why are we having this discussion now, when our current manager has won 5 and drawn 1 of his first 6 league games.

Unless things take a huge turn for the worse, just let Tim carry on doing what he's doing

"Generally his teams gather results in the second or third season under his coaching."

We don't have the patience for this brand of football as a fanbase, He wouldn't last a season and a half.

"I want to work in the Premier League because that is the league I have not worked in yet," he told Sky Sports News.

"I want to coach here in the Premier League because I think Spain, Germany and England are the strongest competitions.

"That is an ambition and who knows."

-------------------------------------------------

"After the World Cup I shall retire or, if there is a Premier League club, I shall think about it."

He is obviously talking about the United job.

:troll:

"Generally his teams gather results in the second or third season under his coaching."

We don't have the patience for this brand of football as a fanbase, He wouldn't last a season and a half.
Speaks more about our fanbase really - and the state of modern football in general

Cunts that boo at his third game following 0:0 at halftime are exactly that, imv

Yes please. More upheaval is just what we need.

Why are we having this discussion now, when our current manager has won 5 and drawn 1 of his first 6 league games.

Unless things take a huge turn for the worse, just let Tim carry on doing what he's doing
but what about the fact he speaks with a colloquial british accent, doesn't wear suits and is only about a 5/10 looks wise? are we really meant to put up with that, despite the results!

Van Gaal would be feckin' awesome!

(but I still like what Timmy's done with us so far... I just think he'll get to the point where he "can't take us any further" a bit sooner than someone like Van Gaal would, thass all!)
I disagree. If Tim comes 4th, I'd rather stick by him than gamble on yet another Euro-man. His disciplinarian style could completely unsettle our squad, and I'm not sure his style is what we need. With Tim having exceptional knowledge of our youth system, he could very well be the right man, getting the right blend of youth and experience.

The bulk of that was won in the 90's.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming by that you think that he's lost his touch?

I'd respond by saying he made AZ champions for only the 2nd time in their history in '09, who when he joined were far, far away from Champion material. Then followed that up by winning a treble with Bayern Munich the next year in 2010 and has been a manager with Holland since then.

Whether the bulk of it was won in the 90's is moot. He's won a lot recently, and consistently throughout his career and is regarded as one of the greatest managers of all time. Like I said, it's rare that we ever have an opportunity to employ someone of that calibre, in the absolute top echelon of managers. Tim is doing well, and it'd be harsh looking at it now, but I think we all know full well he is not, and never will be on LVG's level.

I'd respond by saying he made AZ champions for only the 2nd time in their history in '09, .

FC Twente won it for the 1st time the following year.......

steve-mcclaren_796998c.jpg

i'm sure LVG would make a very good spurs manager for 2-3 years before he moved on, because let's face it, apart from Ajax he hasn't really stuck around anywhere for a great length of time. and he's getting on a bit now. However, if Timmy continues to the build on the good start he's already made then i see no reason to change managers again. I actually quite like the idea of having a young, ambitious english manager at helm who understands the club and the league. do people really think levy will splash out on the £5m / year or whatever salary LVG would command if thinks are swimming along nicely under his pal Timmy? i think not

Back
Top Bottom