Liverpool away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won't come up against worse centre halve pairings than Lucas and Klavan this season too - so it would be poor if we couldn't score at least one.

Thought the kids did good, Carter-Vickers, Winks and Onomah ok, Carroll looks lost, Nkouduo needs to improve. Janssen needs more support, if he is going to hold up every ball then players need to run beyond him.

Sturridge and Origi offer that extra bit of danger we lack, Lamela for Carroll please.

Poor half really, from both teams.

Zero creativity from either team. Liverpool have scored due to a horrendous error and both keepers have had about 1 save to make. Carroll not good enough, Onomah not a winger. Winks has been impressive. N'Koudou is doing nothing.

I'd get Lamela on sooner rather than later
but apart from that...........
what have the Romans ever done for us?
:)

the performance hasn't been that bad, just not threatening enough. Unlucky slip from NK, like's been said, I wanna see him running at people! Vinny J is playing well but he's the loan striker! he needs to be in the box. You kinda feel if he was in a two with a RVN/Defoe/Chicarito type he'd be amazing but we need him looking to have a go.

Pathetic lineup and a pathetic attitide from a club that has won two trophies in 20 odd years

We have been the better team and a lucky goal breaks the deadlock. Do you really expect a the first team when we have Leicester, leverkusen and Woolwich coming up. Be realistic!

Meanwhile... Harry Winks... PURRRRRRR!

If this was still the '60s, he'd have been dubbed 'Silky Harry Winks' or some such...

Compared to 'old head' Little Tommy Carroll... he's head and shoulders above...

Either Janssen becomes more selfish and shoots more but then who does the donkey work holding and linking play.

why are we singing "we've got Alli" when we don't. he's not on the field, not on the bench and not in the stadium.

....do you know summit, when we were singing that it struck me we haven't sung ONE SONG yet about a player ON the pitch...
And yet the Spurs fans have managed to sing Oh Moussa Dembele AND the Sol Campbell song...

I genuinely dint think they understand about what it means to support the players ON THE PITCH...
the 'Staple Spurs songs' are one thing....
But to sing about 2 players who aren't even playing, and one Judas cunt who isn't even at the club any more is bordering on nonsensical... nay madness... nay stupidity!

It is also about keeping our supporters happy. A few thousand at Anfield or 85000 at Wembley and 30000 at WHL Saturday. The club knows a poor result at Anfield is more acceptable than in front of our home crowd at Wembley or WHL. Play our strongest (same) team in all 3 matches risks a poor performance in all 3 matches.
PO

We have been the better team and a lucky goal breaks the deadlock. Do you really expect a the first team when we have Leicester, leverkusen and Woolwich coming up. Be realistic!

We have to be honest, yes we have played the better football but they have had more chances and we have had games like this before. I don't know what it is maybe we don't take that many risks in attack.

Back
Top Bottom