Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

gibbs131 cahspur cahspur Joe Clash Joe Clash .
1) In your expectations, what are snowballs chances that you'll be able to change the oppositions mindset in this dispute? More likely or less likely than that your opposition might be able to change yours?
2) In your experience, has aggressive language or ad-hominems been successfull in attempts to change oppositions / your mind?

Argh, these again.

I appreciate what you're doing, truly I do, but I among others have received this same lecture quite a few times this summer.

I have tried every mature and reasonable attempt at placating this hostility. I have tried this very motive you suggest, tried offering the PM settlement many times, tried the "sin-bin whoever first strikes" notion (which resulted in his first trip to the bin, so I hoped it would do the job), and tried placating him with compliments, only to have my posts continually and unprovokingly singled out with by this poster.

I get that you're annoyed, and I don't blame you. But by lumping myself, and others opposed to this individual, into the same level of transgression as him you are thereby excusing his excessive action. Four fuckin boards he has been permanently banned from. Yet we are to be held to the same level of instigators as such an individual? I'm sorry, but I refuse to be held responsible for being forced to continually defend my posts on a forum I enjoy because the single most pariah'd poster in the online Spurs community has found a niche in a forum that doesn't ban anyone, and has specifically singled me out after originally attempting to include him.

So yeah that's cool, I'll try once again to ignore his shenanigans. But you won't even have to pay much attention at all in the future to notice when he'll try to continue this.

What I meant was that you should PUT him on ignore. If others are annoyed by his presence, we could all just put him on ignore.

What other methods would you suggest?

I am not holding you responsible, yet. If you and him were to continue though, I might start to feel that I'd have to put you and him on ignore. Neither of you annoy me, except when you engage in these multi-page, long winded, off-topic discussions.
I'd rather not put you on ignore as I value your contribution to this forum, and as the problem lies mostly between you and him I suggest you put each other on ignore.

gibbs131 cahspur cahspur Joe Clash Joe Clash .
1) In your expectations, what are snowballs chances that you'll be able to change the oppositions mindset in this dispute? More likely or less likely than that your opposition might be able to change yours?
2) In your experience, has aggressive language or ad-hominems been successfull in attempts to change oppositions / your mind?

Look guy, anyone learns this lesson you're proposing by the age of seven. Again, I get you're new here, but we've moved far past this very stage many months ago.

And again, this has never been about his opinion. He writes plenty of posts on a daily basis I disagree with, but I simply leave alone because he's merely made his point. But when he attacks my posts, or another's, with 1 - poor logic combined with 2 - condescending rhetoric, then that's when I react. This is not some mindless quibbling over football tactics as it appears to the newbie, or casual viewer.

I can assure you, I figured out quite some time ago that even if I had Johan Cruyff or Steven Hawking, Ph.D. themselves come in to reinforce my points, I was never going to convince him of anything. The intention is defending myself, and others he may unprovokingly attack, from flawed logic.

What I meant was that you should PUT him on ignore. If others are annoyed by his presence, we could all just put him on ignore.

What other methods would you suggest?

I am not holding you responsible, yet. If you and him were to continue though, I might start to feel that I'd have to put you and him on ignore. Neither of you annoy me, except when you engage in these multi-page, long winded, off-topic discussions.
I'd rather not put you on ignore as I value your contribution to this forum, and as the problem lies mostly between you and him I suggest you put each other on ignore.

I thought the "sin bin" idea worked rather well myself. Had a full month of peace up in this b. Vote to sin bin he whosoever between the two of us (emphasis on both, because Gibbs accused me of the time at rallying people to vote against him when I rather explicitly wrote the both of us) makes the first post you believe to inappropriately exceed normal footballing discussion, or believe to be overly personal. I absolutely guarantee you this will end.

Look guy, anyone learns this lesson you're proposing by the age of seven. Again, I get you're new here, but we've moved far past this very stage many months ago.

And again, this has never been about his opinion. He writes plenty of posts on a daily basis I disagree with, but I simply leave alone because he's merely made his point. But when he attacks my posts, or another's, with 1 - poor logic combined with 2 - condescending rhetoric, then that's when I react. This is not some mindless quibbling over football tactics as it appears to the newbie, or casual viewer.

I can assure you, I figured out quite some time ago that even if I had Johan Cruyff or Steven Hawking, Ph.D. themselves come in to reinforce my points, I was never going to convince him of anything. The intention is defending myself, and others he may unprovokingly attack, from flawed logic.
You don't have to 'react' to every post of his towards you - I've adopted the same stance towards others long ago. It's boring and it continuously destroys good threads. Be the 'wiser' man

I put Gibbs on ignore months ago. Best decision I've made. He's a person that can't be reasoned with and there's plenty of evidence to that. Continuing to argue with him despite that knowledge even in a respectful fashion is just contributing to the problem. By continuing to argue incessantly with someone who will never do anything besides argue back it creates an extreme annoyance to everyone else on the board.

Just let him say his insane shit in peace, it doesn't hurt anyone. Taking the bait and derailing thread after thread is absolutely horrendous for everyone involved and makes the board miserable. I'd encourage everyone to put him ignore if he bothers you. Otherwise, don't rise to his bait. He's just sitting behind his computer laughing at how easily he upsets everyone. He's been banned from numerous other boards according to previous posts. He clearly gets off on upsetting others, don't let it be you.

Seems like Lewis Holtby himself has been put on ignore in this thread!
Defoe_1a.gif

827194272.gif

holtbyslide.gif

I put Gibbs on ignore months ago. Best decision I've made. He's a person that can't be reasoned with and there's plenty of evidence to that. Continuing to argue with him despite that knowledge even in a respectful fashion is just contributing to the problem. By continuing to argue incessantly with someone who will never do anything besides argue back it creates an extreme annoyance to everyone else on the board.

Just let him say his insane shit in peace, it doesn't hurt anyone. Taking the bait and derailing thread after thread is absolutely horrendous for everyone involved and makes the board miserable. I'd encourage everyone to put him ignore if he bothers you. Otherwise, don't rise to his bait. He's just sitting behind his computer laughing at how easily he upsets everyone. He's been banned from numerous other boards according to previous posts. He clearly gets off on upsetting others, don't let it be you.

When did I disrespect you?

And preferring Kane and Ade over Holtby and Soldado is not derailing.

Cahspur mentioned I was banned on other forums. JOE clash linked my posts there where they thought I was a troll for not rating Townsend when he was an England darling, or Roses comeback everyone was salivating about, and Defoe, Lennon and How Holtby among these tiny dancers won't get traction.

Let's not talk about the fact that 7 months later I was right eh? Let's fucking ignore that eh?

They were laughing about me sticking up for Ade too.

Joe clash still does not even undetstand my argument. Poor bastard thinks I don't rate holtby etc.

I say eriksen, Lamela, Townsend and holtby won't work and I get people calling me out for not rating Eriksen.

He linked post of me "trolling", and most of the shit I said was true. It's easier to ban me rather than admit I was right about our weakness.

Imagine being a moderator there, and talking shit to me about me not rating Defoe, Lennon, Townsend, AVB, Rose, Naughton etc. doing the usual I don't understand can't comprehend etc. Then a year later it's obvious I was right? The shiny red button is easy to press

Last edited:
There is a difference between "taking the bait" and responding to being specifically targeted. I apologize to those of you who I've annoyed with these "debates," but these patronizing comments a 1st grade teacher gives to two students who fought over an eraser only serve to give him more fuel to continue his own actions because he is not being called out for his excessive transgressions.

He targets a specific poster with vitriol-fueled rhetoric > poster responds in defense of his post > "debate" ensues > Gibbs acts the victim > other posters get annoyed with what's become of the thread > he sees this and jumps in along while continuing to flaunt as though the victim > as such is not only not stopped but provided further stimulus to continue the personal bullshit.

This is no typical unreasonable poster who just can't agree with a specific few, he is uncharacteristically vindictive and begrudging, so much so that he has been banned from a multitude of boards and ignored by whole swathes of posters on those boards and here. And he has chosen to specifically target me, even after I myself put him on ignore on multiple occasions. This one single poster has driven me close to leaving on multiple occasions, a board I once enjoyed very much, and it's these continued responses as those that above that continues to allow him to do so.

When did I disrespect you?

And preferring Kane and Ade over Holtby and Soldado is not derailing.

Cahspur mentioned I was banned on other forums. JOE clash linked my posts there where they thought I was a troll for not rating Townsend when he was an England darling, or Roses comeback everyone was salivating about, and Defoe, Lennon and How Holtby among these tiny dancers won't get traction.

Let's not talk about the fact that 7 months later I was right eh? Let's fucking ignore that eh?

They were laughing about me sticking up for Ade too.

Joe clash still does not even undetstand my argument. Poor bastard thinks I don't rate holtby etc.

I say eriksen, Lamela, Townsend and holtby won't work and I get people calling me out for not rating Eriksen.

He linked me to trolling, and most of the shit I said was true. It's easier to ban me rather than admit I was right about our weakness.

And here you have it, gentlemen. Continuing to to act as though everyone else was the problem, and suggest he was banned from all those boards merely because of his opinions. This is what has been allowed to propagate here.

And here you have it, gentlemen. Continuing to to act as though everyone else was the problem, and suggest he was banned from all those boards merely because of his opinions. This is what has been allowed to propagate here.

Get off your high horse. Joe linked a post supposed to embarrass me and it predicted their lack of goals and assists. And how they can't set up Soldado.

Townsend 1 goal no assists. Soldado 2 goals from open play. Holtby one goal in a calendar year. Want me to go on? (Cue Joe thinking I don't rate Holtby again because I mentioned lack of goals).

I had a good point. And my pref lineup/style had never been attempted. But you have it all figured out apparently.

Like Capoue being too slow for a midfielder.

Ade, Kane and Eriksen were linking up at the end of the season and scoring. What suggests I am wrong exactly? I want to add Lamela to that. But you think that is too Stoke.

Last edited:
Get off your high horse. Joe linked a post supposed to embarrass me and it predicted their lack of goals and assists. And how they can't set up Soldado.

Townsend 1 goal no assists. Soldado 2 goals from open play. Holtby one goal in a calendar year. Want me to go on?

I had a good point. And my pref lineup/style had never been attempted. But you have bit all figured out apparently.

Like Capoue being too slow for a midfielder.

Your lineup has never been attempted because of the same logic as to why you don't put your dick in a blender: it's just not a good idea to do it. Therefore, not difficult to reason out.

You go on about the players you predicted against, but then make excuses for the ones you like but didn't have a good season either.

Your allegation of my insinuation against Capoue individually has now been addressed on multiple occasions. Please, stop your mindless twisting of quotes, Gibbs.

Your lineup has never been attempted because of the same logic as to why you don't put your dick in a blender: it's just not a good idea to do it. Therefore, not difficult to reason out.

It's awkward because Kane, Ade and eriksen were scoring at the end of the season. So it's already working in real life. Add Lamela and you have my attack.

Already working.

I bet you were fucking fuming on the last day of the season.

Sandro who you say can't link up play winning us a penalty. Paulinho getting a goal. Ade getting a goal etc.

You are so logical and smart you seen to have forgotten what happened last season.

There is a difference between "taking the bait" and responding to being specifically targeted. I apologize to those of you who I've annoyed with these "debates," but these patronizing comments a 1st grade teacher gives to two students who fought over an eraser only serve to give him more fuel to continue his own actions because he is not being called out for his excessive transgressions.

He targets a specific poster with vitriol-fueled rhetoric > poster responds in defense of his post > "debate" ensues > Gibbs acts the victim > other posters get annoyed with what's become of the thread > he sees this and jumps in along while continuing to flaunt as though the victim > as such is not only not stopped but provided further stimulus to continue the personal bullshit.

This is no typical unreasonable poster who just can't agree with a specific few, he is uncharacteristically vindictive and begrudging, so much so that he has been banned from a multitude of boards and ignored by whole swathes of posters on those boards and here. And he has chosen to specifically target me, even after I myself put him on ignore on multiple occasions. This one single poster has driven me close to leaving on multiple occasions, a board I once enjoyed very much, and it's these continued responses as those that above that continues to allow him to do so.

Trust me on this one. Block him. Walk away. The guy is an idiot and a dick. Don't let him drag you down. All his shit will be wiped off the board for you and you can get on with enjoying the board. He gets off on making you and others upset, that's his only goal. Ignoring him will solve it all, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom