Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't disagree more

oh give over
When Harry was lining up for England job he said the players don't care who the manager is next year, when he was out of the running and wanted a bigger contract he said the players need to know who the manager is long term (obviously I am paraphrasing). I think this was the straw for Levy. You don't play press games with Levy after giving up a 10 point lead from 3rd in Feb!
Maybe levy should have backed his manager in January then rather than the likes of Nelsen and Saha.

Look at Levys first signings Teddy, Gus and Jamie.

Yeah I think at that time though we were desperate for players with premier league experience to steady the ship full of complete shit, anyway whats all this about? lets all take a 3 day break and wait for the football to start!

Out of curiousity, what team(s) is/are a higher achievement than the England job for an English manager?
dunno tbh, for me there's only a handful of clubs i'd consider better or level with the England job. A lot of players say the pinnacle of their career was playing for the national side, not sure why it'd be any different for managers.

baffled that anyone thinks managing Spurs is a higher achievement for an English manager than the England job.

I'd say the England job has to be one of the worst in the world of football. Huge expectations, massive media pressure and harassment, no real chance to do anything close to what's expected. Your players barely wants to be in the side, the clubs don't want the players in the side, and the players you have to pick from are the least versatile and generally the most overestimated players on the planet.

Not to mention that being a national team manager only leaves you with a few interesting games per season, no transfer window action, not being able to work with players on a daily basis.

Yeah because 'Arry over his career never showed a penchant for signing players like Nelsen and Saha:kaboul:
I don't know why more people don't make this point! He's signed Krancar four fucking times! defoe twice isn't it? and tried to sign him again. Nelsen and Saha had redknapps name all over them.

dunno tbh, for me there's only a handful of clubs i'd consider better or level with the England job. A lot of players say the pinnacle of their career was playing for the national side, not sure why it'd be any different for managers.

I'd say the England job has to be one of the worst in the world of football. Huge expectations, massive media pressure and harassment, no real chance to do anything close to what's expected. Your players barely wants to be in the side, the clubs don't want the players in the side, and the players you have to pick from are the least versatile and generally the most overestimated players on the planet.
My thoughts exactly. What they say in the media is too often shown up by injury proneness on an international break. Players that walk off a pitch fine on Sunday are suddenly crocked come Monday morning when Roy phones.

I think it`s fair to say the club is not really progressing under the current regime. They have failed on their promise of a new stadium. They have failed to back numerous managers in the transfer window. They have failed to retain any of our best players. They have failed to attract any big name signings to excite the fans since VDV. They have failed to finish above our local rivals even once. Recent results against the top teams suggest we`re going backwards yet they failed to make any net investment in the summer to address our alarming number of humiliating defeats. In other words, ENIC have failed. It`s time for them to fuck off

I think it`s fair to say the club is not really progressing under the current regime. They have failed on their promise of a new stadium. They have failed to back numerous managers in the transfer window. They have failed to retain any of our best players. They have failed to attract any big name signings to excite the fans since VDV. They have failed to finish above our local rivals even once. Recent results against the top teams suggest we`re going backwards yet they failed to make any net investment in the summer to address our alarming number of humiliating defeats. In other words, ENIC have failed. It`s time for them to fuck off
I see a couple of you disagree. Which bits do you disagree with then I`m seriously intrigued to know what parts of the above, where I think they have failed, you think they have succeeded. I take it from your disagreement you actually think ENIC are still taking us forward.

I see a couple of you disagree. Which bits do you disagree with then I`m seriously intrigued to know what parts of the above, where I think they have failed, you think they have succeeded. I take it from your disagreement you actually think ENIC are still taking us forward.
If you think we haven't progressed under ENIC then theres no reasoning with you.
My main disagreement is that you imply we need to progress every season or ENIC need to go, and thats bullshit, its just not possible. Its comments like yours that really piss me off because you're acting like we're the only club and its our birthright to be winning titles. There are 19 other clubs in the league all trying to do the same as we are. Whether or not you like it, all 20 premier league clubs are equal and have as much right as we do.

Its not like theres a limited time frame either. Like we have to do well NOW or we'll never do well at all. 10 years ago nobody would have predicted than United wouldn't even be in the top 6 and City would have won the league twice. Its ever changing. Maybe we won't be top 4 this season, or next season, but as long as we're around there we have a stable foundation to push on.

Your shitty Sky Sports "give me everything now" attitude is ruining the game. Yes, we lost to West Brom, and yes it was disappointing. But so fucking what? Its really a pretty minor part of your life. Why get so worked up over something you have absolutely no control over? Just enjoy it for what it is, and if we lose so what. The world keeps on spinning and the sun still comes up.

You make it sound like ENIC don't want us to win. Like managers are going to Levy and saying "Look bud, get us an attacking midfielder and this team will really go places"
And then Dan turns around and says "Yeah but if we win games, there'll be more money and that means more hassle for me, and the fans will be more expectant and to be honest... i just can't be arsed with it all. Lets get back to being a mid table club"

If you aren't happy with being a top 6 club i think the problem lies with you not ENIC.

If you think we haven't progressed under ENIC then theres no reasoning with you.
My main disagreement is that you imply we need to progress every season or ENIC need to go, and thats bullshit, its just not possible. Its comments like yours that really piss me off because you're acting like we're the only club and its our birthright to be winning titles. There are 19 other clubs in the league all trying to do the same as we are. Whether or not you like it, all 20 premier league clubs are equal and have as much right as we do.

Its not like theres a limited time frame either. Like we have to do well NOW or we'll never do well at all. 10 years ago nobody would have predicted than United wouldn't even be in the top 6 and City would have won the league twice. Its ever changing. Maybe we won't be top 4 this season, or next season, but as long as we're around there we have a stable foundation to push on.

Your shitty Sky Sports "give me everything now" attitude is ruining the game. Yes, we lost to West Brom, and yes it was disappointing. But so fucking what? Its really a pretty minor part of your life. Why get so worked up over something you have absolutely no control over? Just enjoy it for what it is, and if we lose so what. The world keeps on spinning and the sun still comes up.

You make it sound like ENIC don't want us to win. Like managers are going to Levy and saying "Look bud, get us an attacking midfielder and this team will really go places"
And then Dan turns around and says "Yeah but if we win games, there'll be more money and that means more hassle for me, and the fans will be more expectant and to be honest... i just can't be arsed with it all. Lets get back to being a mid table club"

If you aren't happy with being a top 6 club i think the problem lies with you not ENIC.
Rubbish

Anthony Beale Anthony Beale very well put, I was on the train back to liv St with some fans who don't seem to have a brain cell and said such classics as "Lamelas useless" and "soldado what a waste of money"

I feel sorry for them, brainless cunts, back to away games only for me when I come back home, let them have their misery

Back
Top Bottom