Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should have put those rumours to bed by saying he is Tottenham manager until at least the end of the season and that is that. No ifs. No buts. No doubt.

But no - "I couldn't turn that job down"..."Brendan, wanna be my assistant when I get the England job?"...

It's any fucking wonder the players heads were turned - the managers' certainly was!!
being England manager is the highest position for any English manager. why on earth would he rule himself out of the job by committing to Spurs at his age?

being England manager is the highest position for any English manager. why on earth would he rule himself out of the job by committing to Spurs at his age?

Quite funny when you think about it.

Fans who think he's a saggy faced, criminal, disloyal, inept, clueless cunt....moaning because he didnt commit to the club.

:dembele:

I would disagree with that. Modern day football has swung the pendulum in favour of club football, in my opinion.

Lets take a look at the last few English England managers and the position they were in when they were hired;

Hodgson - managing West Brom. England job is a step up.
McClaren - at Middlesbrough. England job is a step up.
Keegan - at Fulham (in Division One). England job a step up.

Is the England job a step up from Spurs? In Harry's circumstances, maybe as a final career choice, yes - but the fact of the matter is he had a contract with us, and our performances were woeful following the approach from the FA. Whether that was related or coincidence we will never know, but it will never be forgotten by Spurs fans as what could/should have been.

Will certain people still be arguing about Redknapp getting sacked when his frozen head returns to take over the team for the 2056 soccer sport super league world series final?

2545831-8946104871-face-.gif

I think we regressed in the last 6 months of his tenure.

Really? We lost 6 league games in that last 6 months:

Manchester City
Woolwich
Manchester United
Everton
Norwich City
Queens Park Rangers

Only the Norwich and QPR results can be looked at as really dodgy results.

Will certain people still be arguing about Redknapp getting sacked when his frozen head returns to take over the team for the 2056 soccer sport super league world series final?

There is a reason we dont talk about Ramos and Jol....because everyone knows we benefitted when they left. The manner of Jols sacking was a disgrace, but I think most agreed we was not going any further under him.

Harry will be discussed so long as there are question marks as to whether we were better off getting rid of him or not.

Entering our 3rd season, and 3rd manager since his dismissal, with a 5th and 6th place finish and losing Modric, VDV and Bale, some would be excused for wondering.

I think even his haters know full well that they have not benefitted from their hissy fitting and Harry Out hysterics.

Last edited:
It's no surprise the people who wanted him gone don't want to talk about him anymore as they are a pack of stupid cunts. Harry will stay a topic of discussion until we get a manager in who can deliver top 4 finishes like he did, so deal with it toerags. It's quite amazing that he finished 4th for a second time in 3 seasons and still got the boot. Couple of great cup runs in there too, final of the Carling Cup, semis of the FA Cup and our great CL run. Any way you want to paint it Harry had us punching well above our weight after comrade levys ramos and comolli disaster. You'd think from alot of the vitriol he gets the bloke was some type of rapist or murderer and not an old school English football manager. The holier than thou brigade are a sickening bunch of contempt breeding cunts.

Maybe we are better off without him and maybe we’re not. I don’t give a flying fuck any more to be honest.

Taking the opportunity to spam up every thread on the board whilst supporting opinion with speculation and frothing at the mouth isn’t going to change that or how I support my club.

It seems that some people are more interested in validating themselves and their own opinions at the time than they are in the best interests of the club.

Which would be to put all of this bullshit behind us and move on united.

Maybe we are better off without him and maybe we’re not. I don’t give a flying fuck any more to be honest.

Taking the opportunity to spam up every thread on the board whilst supporting opinion with speculation and frothing at the mouth isn’t going to change that or how I support my club.

It seems that some people are more interested in validating themselves and their own opinions at the time than they are in the best interests of the club.

Which would be to put all of this bullshit behind us and move on united.

Dont give a fuck all you like......whats it to you if it interests others?

Was it in the clubs best interests when our fans were hounding him out the door?

Not really. Some of us didnt want him gone, and 2 years on and two places lower in the league, we are allowed to point that out all we like. Especially on a Spurs message board.

You act like in was the mid 80s and its all irrelevant....Harrys sacking has a direct impact on our current situation.

It's no surprise the people who wanted him gone don't want to talk about him anymore as they are a pack of stupid cunts. Harry will stay a topic of discussion until we get a manager in who can deliver top 4 finishes like he did, so deal with it toerags. It's quite amazing that he finished 4th for a second time in 3 seasons and still got the boot. Couple of great cup runs in there too, final of the Carling Cup, semis of the FA Cup and our great CL run. Any way you want to paint it Harry had us punching well above our weight after comrade levys ramos and comolli disaster. You'd think from alot of the vitriol he gets the bloke was some type of rapist or murderer and not an old school English football manager. The holier than thou brigade are a sickening bunch of contempt breeding cunts.

Exactly...and people say he under achieved and want to be taken seriously.

Fucking hell.........a RECORD POINTS TALLY!!!!!!!!! was much better eh?

Harry was wrong in the way he spoke to the press about the England job, but as he says in his book, he isn't the kind of guy to make "no comment". I think he was cunty about it all, but the pressure of being incessantly asked must be oppressive. The fact will always remain that he took us into the CL for the only time. His teams played attractive football & he was soooo close to getting us there again. He was given shit signings on deadline day in January by the subject of this thread & couldn't polish the turd he was left with, or juggle with injuries. No doubt the players would have been wondering what was going on, but as another poster noted, losing 6 games in 6 months is hardly a reason to press the panic button when we only missed out on CL because the chavs got very lucky.

Dont give a fuck all you like......whats it to you if it interests others?

Was it in the clubs best interests when our fans were hounding him out the door?

Not really. Some of us didnt want him gone, and 2 years on and two places lower in the league, we are allowed to point that out all we like. Especially on a Spurs message board.

You act like in was the mid 80s and its all irrelevant....Harrys sacking has a direct impact on our current situation.

I think we're all well aware of your point by now. If you and a minority want to "discuss" it ad nauseam then by all means pick a single thread and do so.
Leaving the other members of this Spurs message board free to discuss other topics minus your anti-social keyboard warrior behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom