Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sadly I watched that programme, her being interviewed by Philip Schofied and Amanda Holden who both did very well keeping their faces straight especially after the clip showing her walking down a Main Street with nobody noticing her!

Wonder what her husbands like......

:angryscouser:

Yes I saw that, it was Cringe at it's best.
A bow legged, Goofy Grandma with Foster Tit's thinking that she's a head turner.. Her delusion can only be rivaled by 90% of Spam fans..

Still would though.:dier:

Last edited:
Tell us all why you've disagreed with this one.......Arselick!

Did you really win "Twat of the Year"?

How many other IDs have you got Multi Man?

:ade::eriksenlol::levylol::paulinholol::soldadolol::walker-scream:

The "facility fees" are basically how much you were on television. Infuriates me to no end when teams beneath us in the table beat us in this.

Another reason to hate Liverpool.

11262008_10204331693995758_2645671450204499933_n.jpg

Some big moves from Danny boy today.

I know that our financial security isn't deemed as being a great mark of "success" by our rivals (and many on here). I understand that it's a bit of a sorry state of affairs if all we've really got to shout about is a decently balanced check book. But being somebody who remembers the club being close to disappearing entirely i have to appreciate the healthy position we are in and what that will mean for the future of our club.

Zero debt and now the very real prospect of playing in the second largest stadium in the league week in week out by 2018.

It may take another 10 years but we are closer than we've ever been to seeing the club being able to compete financially with the heavy borrowers and the oil bankrolled clubs, without the risk that the carpet could be pulled from under our feet at any time.

Levy may be a businessman rather than a football supporter and we may get frustrated by the restrictions he puts on our clubs transfer policy, but football IS a business nowadays and he's steering the ship in the right direction in my mind.

Last edited:
We have sacrificed a fair bit in terms of silverwear, but no one should belittle what Levy is achieving with this ground, and just how hard he fought for it.

I dont deny for a second Stratford was for real, but he has made up for that episode ten times over already regarding the New WHL.

Its a spectacular project, and fitting for our return to becoming the pride of London in the next few years.

We have sacrificed a fair bit in terms of silverwear, but no one should belittle what Levy is achieving with this ground, and just how hard he fought for it.

I dont deny for a second Stratford was for real, but he has made up for that episode ten times over already regarding the New WHL.

Its a spectacular project, and fitting for our return to becoming the pride of London in the next few years.

In an industry now dominated by Billionaires to ensure success we are lucky to have one of the best business minded Chairmen around when so many are thick as pigshit he is playing the long game, we are competing with teams who have much more spending power and revenue and with the stadium we will be even closer to the top table.

In an industry now dominated by Billionaires to ensure success we are lucky to have one of the best business minded Chairmen around when so many are thick as pigshit he is playing the long game, we are competing with teams who have much more spending power and revenue and with the stadium we will be even closer to the top table.
Spot on. Levy playing the long game will give us a much better chance on the pitch in 10 years time for CONTINUED success, rather than being a flash in the pan like Newcastle were in the late 90's or Leeds.

Yes, we have been frustrated and wondered about his strategy, but now it's all coming to a head his plan is becoming ever more evident and becoming ever more positive.

Big up Levy. Especially for not bowing to a lot of pressure from a divided fan base.

Minimal debt from a new stadium, training ground and reasonable squad turnover will set us up a treat for decades.

That was quite obviously a political tactic. We were never going to Stratford.
Absolute nonsense, yeah the bugging of phones etc
Spot on. Levy playing the long game will give us a much better chance on the pitch in 10 years time for CONTINUED success, rather than being a flash in the pan like Newcastle were in the late 90's or Leeds.

Yes, we have been frustrated and wondered about his strategy, but now it's all coming to a head his plan is becoming ever more evident and becoming ever more positive.

Big up Levy. Especially for not bowing to a lot of pressure from a divided fan base.

Minimal debt from a new stadium, training ground and reasonable squad turnover will set us up a treat for decades.
Or we were in the 60s and 80s?

I think a few things to add here rather than just get either go Levys great or Levys shit.

Up until a season or so ago I was very pissed off with Levy. His handling of Redknapp, choice of AVB as manager, our transfer policy seem not to have any strategy at all, often failing to strengthen obvious weaknesses, not support the manager and buying second rate alternatives because we badly haggled a deal like Moutinho.

All in all we seemed from season to season to go one step forward then one step back and for all Levys financial skills he often seemed to undermine whoever was in charge.

However he seems to have taken a different approach more recently. I remember reading last year an article saying that Spurs had an internal enquiry about our failings as a club (after AVB situation) and Levy had made changes to including his own role and methods.

We seem to have gone for a more long term approach backing the manager, a manager who uses young players and promotes our youth and also it seems getting players he and Mitchell want to build a functional team around. At the same time you have to give Levy credit for the infrastructure.

All in all we look like we have a plan now rather than going from one idea, dropping it and trying something else. Having a direction is very un-spursy and just as Levy seems to have changed so has my opinion of him. As long as we don't go back to hiring and firing managers willy nilly, and getting players the manager doesn't really want I think we have a good future.

I think they're doing a fantastic job. I'm assuming alot of bods on here remember what we were like before they took over ?? Yeah, thought not. Mid league shit for all my years during the 90s early 2000s.
New ground, state of art training centre, regular top 5 finish in the league. I can see a vision here. Remember, every dog has its day.
Ours is far overdue
COYS !!!

We were never ever going to move to Stratford. If you wanna believe that, so be it. Tottenham was never leaving Tottenham permanently.
you're mental if you honestly believe he wouldn't have taken the cheaper, better (from a business point of view) option. This is Levy we're talking about, he could have taken us to Stratford on the cheap and he would have been able to sell us to some Arab or whoever for millions, making a hell of a lot more money.

Back
Top Bottom