Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I don't get why people get so polarised with their views on him/them. He/them should be kicked in the nuts and held to account if his/their decisions are shit and patted on his bald head if they are good, it is also possible to do this on the same day.

We are the club and he/they are the custodians, it is our duty to make sure we influence and guide him/them during their brief time as custodians.

I can think of as many things to praise him/them on as I can applaud him/them on and I am OK with this. I am sure as eggs is eggs the day I suck his knob, is the day he will want us to play in red and move us to Surrey.

Levy was once a well to do fan rubbing shoulders in the boxes on matchdays. He is still a fan.

He is also filthy rich. People have been saying for 10 years its his intention to sell the club, yet he has no real reason to. He wants to make the club one of the biggest and most successful.

Levy was once a well to do fan rubbing shoulders in the boxes on matchdays. He is still a fan.

He is also filthy rich. People have been saying for 10 years its his intention to sell the club, yet he has no real reason to. He wants to make the club one of the biggest and most successful.
if we move into this new ground and it turns out we're still not up for sale I'll hold my hands up. Until then I'll remain confident he's in it to sell

Personally I don't get why people get so polarised with their views on him/them. He/them should be kicked in the nuts and held to account if his/their decisions are shit and patted on his bald head if they are good, it is also possible to do this on the same day.

We are the club and he/they are the custodians, it is our duty to make sure we influence and guide him/them during their brief time as custodians.

I can think of as many things to praise him/them on as I can applaud him/them on and I am OK with this. I am sure as eggs is eggs the day I suck his knob, is the day he will want us to play in red and move us to Surrey.
It's called Confirmation Bias. It is an irrational tendency of humans for new information to confirm previously held assumptions, regardless of whether said information actually supports their conclusions or not.

Just like how it doesn't matter how far forward we move with the new stadium; that John Thomas John Thomas fella still thinks that Levy is trying to fuck us out of a new stadium and walk home with the money for himself.

Last edited:
I think they're doing a fantastic job. I'm assuming alot of bods on here remember what we were like before they took over ?? Yeah, thought not. Mid league shit for all my years during the 90s early 2000s.
New ground, state of art training centre, regular top 5 finish in the league. I can see a vision here. Remember, every dog has its day.
Ours is far overdue
COYS !!!

We won stuff before they took over. I remember it well thanks.

What new ground? Why does it matter where you finish in the league if it's not top 4 or bottom 3? There is no glory in 5th. It's the same as 15th if you have say 3 magical games a season like we did last year.

They will have made well over half a billion off us once they leave yet you want to lick their balls? They bought the shares off fans at a pittance, what 10 years ago? on the deal they would build a stadium. There has been about 20 stadiums built since this has been done. Where's ours?

Best players sold. Revenue not ploughed back into the team. Bad, bad managerial decisions have sent us spiralling backwards. We are about as close to 4th as we were at least 6 years ago due to bad investment and decisions from the top. We've had some luck seen some great players but we haven't seen much glory.

Terrible custodians imo. And I remember the last time they unveiled their last great project. It was about the same time as this and we bought no serious players in that transfer window either.

Oh, but look at our new shiny stadium we will get in 3 years we said.

Still waiting mate. Still waiting. They have lowered our capacity and we actually pay pound for pound the highest season ticket to watch our football team in the entire world.

great sainsburys though.

He's filthy rich compared to you and me but that's because he pays himself more money from Tottenham Hotspur than any chairman in Premier Leage.

He's not filthy rich compared to the owner of say Wigans former owner or even Blackpools cunt of a chairman.

It's all relative.

He's filthy rich compared to you and me but that's because he pays himself more money from Tottenham Hotspur than any chairman in Premier Leage.

He's not filthy rich compared to the owner of say Wigans former owner or even Blackpools cunt of a chairman.

It's all relative.

Well lets just say he´s doing all right in life for a Spurs supporter

Well lets just say he´s doing all right in life for a Spurs supporter

Fine. But what's that got to do with him not wanting to make a hundred million more pounds off Tottenham Hotspur whilst uncle Joe pockets a further 500 million from something that cost cost 36 million that has already paid itself back twice over?

These people are no more fans of Spurs than you would be of Tescos if you had a grands worth of shares in them. Of course you want them to do well. But not if it means you had to spend another 2 grand to make it work.

Fine. But what's that got to do with him not wanting to make a hundred million more pounds off Tottenham Hotspur whilst uncle Joe pockets a further 500 million from something that cost cost 36 million that has already paid itself back twice over?

These people are no more fans of Spurs than you would be of Tescos if you had a grands worth of shares in them. Of course you want them to do well. But not if it means you had to spend another 2 grand to make it work.

When I see evidence he wants to sell, I´ll come round. But there is none

we've been put out to tender twice in my recollection.

Both times the bids were not enough.

I have a feeling this whoring out to the NFL is a third time.

We will see.

As far as I know the club has never been up for sale under Levy. The NFL thing is about making enough money to compete but earning that money as a club as opposed to being given donations by Russians or Shieks and operating at hundreds of millions below your turnover.

We won stuff before they took over. I remember it well thanks.

What new ground? Why does it matter where you finish in the league if it's not top 4 or bottom 3? There is no glory in 5th. It's the same as 15th if you have say 3 magical games a season like we did last year.

They will have made well over half a billion off us once they leave yet you want to lick their balls? They bought the shares off fans at a pittance, what 10 years ago? on the deal they would build a stadium. There has been about 20 stadiums built since this has been done. Where's ours?

Best players sold. Revenue not ploughed back into the team. Bad, bad managerial decisions have sent us spiralling backwards. We are about as close to 4th as we were at least 6 years ago due to bad investment and decisions from the top. We've had some luck seen some great players but we haven't seen much glory.

Terrible custodians imo. And I remember the last time they unveiled their last great project. It was about the same time as this and we bought no serious players in that transfer window either.

Oh, but look at our new shiny stadium we will get in 3 years we said.

Still waiting mate. Still waiting. They have lowered our capacity and we actually pay pound for pound the highest season ticket to watch our football team in the entire world.

great sainsburys though.

Complete rubbish mate

- they have made 500M quid off of Spurs? you have something to back that up? because the statements don't say that.
- why haven't they built the stadium, are you fucking serious? I guess in your world the multi year court case with Archway was all some devious plan?
- Best players sold, welcome to football, none of those players didn't force the move, and actually the money has been put back into the squad (you can argue about how that turned out, but we actually broke our record spend 3 times in one window)
- Spiraling backwards? you are aware the last 7-8 years is actually the 2nd most (if not first) consistent period in the Clubs' league history? the only clubs above us have consistently spent 2X-4X our spend
-Terrible custodians? compared to who? name a better chairman in the league right now, or one in the last 30 years that was better at Spurs
- Lowered our capacity? what? you want to blame Levy for stadium seating laws as well?

And the waiting bit ... we just announced we signed a 10 year deal, we are committed to delivering a stadium in the timeframe stated ..

As for the Levy is just dying to sell, its been a fucking decade mate, believe me, he could have earned more money in less time, with less stress than making a profit out of a football club. and why would he do any of the Tottenham area revitalization stuff if all he wanted was profit off a sale?

Complete rubbish mate

- they have made 500M quid off of Spurs? you have something to back that up? because the statements don't say that.
- why haven't they built the stadium, are you fucking serious? I guess in your world the multi year court case with Archway was all some devious plan?
- Best players sold, welcome to football, none of those players didn't force the move, and actually the money has been put back into the squad (you can argue about how that turned out, but we actually broke our record spend 3 times in one window)
- Spiraling backwards? you are aware the last 7-8 years is actually the 2nd most (if not first) consistent period in the Clubs' league history? the only clubs above us have consistently spent 2X-4X our spend
-Terrible custodians? compared to who? name a better chairman in the league right now, or one in the last 30 years that was better at Spurs
- Lowered our capacity? what? you want to blame Levy for stadium seating laws as well?

And the waiting bit ... we just announced we signed a 10 year deal, we are committed to delivering a stadium in the timeframe stated ..

As for the Levy is just dying to sell, its been a fucking decade mate, believe me, he could have earned more money in less time, with less stress than making a profit out of a football club. and why would he do any of the Tottenham area revitalization stuff if all he wanted was profit off a sale?

I've tried to answer your questions as you asked them.

They haven't made 500 million yet. Give it time. 500 million is probably too little tbh at least by the time they decide to sell.

Archway would have happily been bought off. And it probably wouldn't have cost much more than the court case. But then that would have meant ENIC having to pay for a stadium and be liable for loans. Can't have that can we?

Spurs have turned a profit in the last 8 consecutive years. The buying of players has been a clear strategy of buying to sell on or players on the cheap. Look at the mess with the whore. The money made has resulted in a new training ground. It's also resulted in Levy being the highest paid chairman in the PL. And all of ENICS outlay paid back double.

Consistent period? So you get off on us winning nothing? We've never been a league team and still are not. Yet we were consistent in winning trophies.

The Woolwich chairman for one. You went there mate.

He has been charge long enough to sort out our capacity and shit seating. I've not been to a tighter seating ground from the PL down to league 2.

Time will tell. I remember the last vision.

No reason for Levy to sell atm when he is charging the highest season tickets in the world and buying up cheap land to build luxury flats on. Couple that with the TV money and you're right. It would be madness. Until they have to actually fund something. My basic understanding of the Cain deal falling through was ENIC insisting they kept the surrounding land around the ground. Double bubble!

They haven't made 500 million yet. Give it time. 500 million is probably too little tbh at least by the time they decide to sell.

Archway would have happily been bought off. And it probably wouldn't have cost much more than the court case. But then that would have meant ENIC having to pay for a stadium and be liable for loans. Can't have that can we?

Spurs have turned a profit in the last 8 consecutive years. The buying of players has been a clear strategy of buying to sell on or players on the cheap. Look at the mess with the whore. The money made has resulted in a new training ground. It's also resulted in Levy being the highest paid chairman in the PL. And all of ENICS outlay paid back double.

Consistent period? So you get off on us winning nothing? We've never been a league team and still are not. Yet we were consistent in winning trophies.

He has been charge long enough to sort out our capacity and shit seating. I've not been to a tighter seating ground from the PL down to league 2.

No reason for Levy to sell atm when he is charging the highest season tickets in the world and buying up cheap land to build luxury flats on. Couple that with the TV money and you're right. It would be madness. Until they have to actually fund something. My basic understanding of the Cain deal falling through was ENIC insisting they kept the surrounding land around the ground. Double bubble!

So to be clear ... maybe/possibly it will be worth something, maybe 500M, maybe not

Archway drove themselves into the verge of bankruptcy to defy Spurs, nothing has ever indicated they were willing to take any kind of payoff.

Yes, spurs has turned a profit, not all 8 years, we actually lost money the year before Bale left, and that's Levy's job, to make sure we are successful on and off pitch.

We stopped being consistent in winning trophies long before Levy got here, he arrested the slide, made us consistently a decent team, the advent of City/Cheat$ki has hurt us more than any other thing in our control.

Woolwich, are you kidding? the guy who in the same 8 years has overseen the biggest regression of any side in the PL? the slide from invincibles and PL contenders/winners to the side that celebrates scrapping into 4th? (what was the average point gap between spurs, Scum, title winner 8-12 years ago vs. the last 4?)

Back to stadium mate, we have built a training ground, new club offices, bought the land, started construction work and signed a deal to an outside organization with a committed delivery date, if you want to deny that's real ... can't say any more.

Again, you can't have it both ways, you can't say Levy/ENIC are here for the quick buck, then claim they are going to keep the club for the next number of years to pocket money. Levy (even you has to admit this) is a very smart businessman, football clubs are not, have not been a good business proposition (the odds of profit vs. bankruptcy are not good). He has managed to keep us in the black (something Pool/City/Cheat$ki/Newcastle/Everton have not managed) while keeping us competitive with anyone who has a turnover anywhere close to ours, something that should be commended, not scorned.

Your basic understanding is based on assertia with no facts behind them. They're also self-contradictory and in some cases outright false. Spurs season tickets are nowhere near the most expensive in the world. Second most in England? Yes. The world? Not even close.

It's also a little ridiculous to complain about reducing capacity while complaining the seating is too tight (fixing this would further reduce the capacity). And why would a club seeking to build a new stadium invest large sums in renovating the existing stadium?

Really your complaints are nothing more than the spoiled whining of Veruca Salt.

So to be clear ... maybe/possibly it will be worth something, maybe 500M, maybe not

Archway drove themselves into the verge of bankruptcy to defy Spurs, nothing has ever indicated they were willing to take any kind of payoff.

Yes, spurs has turned a profit, not all 8 years, we actually lost money the year before Bale left, and that's Levy's job, to make sure we are successful on and off pitch.

We stopped being consistent in winning trophies long before Levy got here, he arrested the slide, made us consistently a decent team, the advent of City/Cheat$ki has hurt us more than any other thing in our control.

Woolwich, are you kidding? the guy who in the same 8 years has overseen the biggest regression of any side in the PL? the slide from invincibles and PL contenders/winners to the side that celebrates scrapping into 4th? (what was the average point gap between spurs, Scum, title winner 8-12 years ago vs. the last 4?)

Back to stadium mate, we have built a training ground, new club offices, bought the land, started construction work and signed a deal to an outside organization with a committed delivery date, if you want to deny that's real ... can't say any more.

Again, you can't have it both ways, you can't say Levy/ENIC are here for the quick buck, then claim they are going to keep the club for the next number of years to pocket money. Levy (even you has to admit this) is a very smart businessman, football clubs are not, have not been a good business proposition (the odds of profit vs. bankruptcy are not good). He has managed to keep us in the black (something Pool/City/Cheat$ki/Newcastle/Everton have not managed) while keeping us competitive with anyone who has a turnover anywhere close to ours, something that should be commended, not scorned.

Dude were not going to change each other's minds. And I had such hopes on an Internet forum too! Lol. But once more I will go over what you say.

Archway pkayed a game of brinksmanship they couldn't really lose and that may well have worked out for the best for them. I've heard reports they wanted 8m to 20m. It's probably somewhere in the middle. The court costs will have cost us somewhere between 6m to 8m. Sling them 10m and the stadium could have been built by now. But a public protracted court case makes them the bad guy and Levy/ENIC the chance to say our hands are tied while all the time buying up land around the ground to build flats on. This business model only seemed to happen after they saw the scums
Success. Even if we had got Levys dream of relocating to East London they would still have owned the land to build cheap and sell high.

We're not successful on the pitch.

We won trophies on average from the 80's to their takeover every 3 years. I wouldn't mind that now. I take your point re chelski, not Citeh though. They had enough time to build up an ethos by then. And even with the chavs we could have done more. When was our last marquee signing? I'm struggling to think mate. Bar fucking up the Bale money on moneyball signings and Baldinis whims we haven't had one since, Ginola?

In between that fuck up you mention of sliding all the way from not winning the league they have never been out of CL. Built a stadium free of oil money and won the FA cup twice. I'd take that thanks.

We don't know there is a committed date. And if there is maybe that's part of the new regimes remit. I accept I'm purely guessing at this. Truth is I truly hope I'm wrong on this.

You have to be a massive bell end not to make in the pl. Only Risdale, and I think that alone proves my point, ever managed to fuck up a leading pl club. Levy isn't a genius. His tinkering and poor deal making has helped make us a laughing hated stock amongst football clubs.

Last edited:
Your basic understanding is based on assertia with no facts behind them. They're also self-contradictory and in some cases outright false. Spurs season tickets are nowhere near the most expensive in the world. Second most in England? Yes. The world? Not even close.

It's also a little ridiculous to complain about reducing capacity while complaining the seating is too tight (fixing this would further reduce the capacity). And why would a club seeking to build a new stadium invest large sums in renovating the existing stadium?

Really your complaints are nothing more than the spoiled whining of Veruca Salt.

We pay the most per game for any football club on a season ticket basis.

Name me one other.

I doubt you've been to WHL or supported them for more than 4 years. This is not to say you are not entitled to a view but I'm also entitled to think you are clueless in this.

We pay the most per game for any football club on a season ticket basis.

Name me one other.

I doubt you've been to WHL or supported them for more than 4 years. This is not to say you are not entitled to a view but I'm also entitled to think you are clueless in this.
Well, to start with, as I said, Spurs have the second-most expensive tickets, the oh-so lovely swamp-dwelling neighbours are tops:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/29614980

I haven't been to the Lane as the cost of international air fare to London, plus the cost of a ticket, is a bit more than I can justify to the wife. I have seen them when Spurs came here. I've been a fan since 1998, and it's fun to see you try to call me clueless when I call you out for hypocrisy.

Well, to start with, as I said, Spurs have the second-most expensive tickets, the oh-so lovely swamp-dwelling neighbours are tops:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/29614980

I haven't been to the Lane as the cost of international air fare to London, plus the cost of a ticket, is a bit more than I can justify to the wife. I have seen them when Spurs came here. I've been a fan since 1998, and it's fun to see you try to call me clueless when I call you out for hypocrisy.

I'm well aware of their season ticket price. Im also aware of their ticket allocation allowed per season ticket. If you break down their allowances for cup games, league cup, fa cup and champions League. Then extrapolate what each game costs divided by amount of games each season ticket costs then you will see I am correct.

We are the highest paying season ticket seller for football games in the world. Prove me wrong.

That isn't why I'm calling you clueless though. It's the fact you didnt know WHL before ENIC Took over. Believe it or not WHL was all seater before then. But Levy decided to alter the seating arrangements and lost capacity.

We also have the worst capacity for disabled fans in the prem too. But hey! What does it matter if someone who has supported them all their life never gets a chance to see them again after being stricken with an affliction that confines them to a wheel chair? Who gives a fuck about them.

Not Teflon Dan that's for sure. As I said. I'm not knocking you but you are clueless. It's like me trying to argue the Ottawa beavers or whatever they are called charge too much for a soda or whatever you call a sugar based drink over there.

++edit+++

Don't take this as Canadian bashing or overseas fans bashing btw.

if I had the money I'd love to pay for you and all those nutty Aussies and yanks to come over for a game. I really would. I'd love to see your face as you smell the aroma of the turf and horse burgers on a crisp November Europa League night against some Eastern European club none has ever heard of.

You'd love it.

Back
Top Bottom