Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're welcome to your opinion, but I do take exception to the claim I didn't back up my assertions. I rebutted your claims about Adkins at Soton with evidence.

As for binning cups, I would like to know why you feel it was "conviction" or "know-how" rather than the fatigue of fixture congestion, which led to those 3 key games being played in 10 days, against teams with much more rest.

As for Capoue and Stambouli, I think the reason is partly off-pitch, rather than a playing matter. Dembele does somethings well, but also is very slow to release the ball, which is the complete opposite of what Pochettino wants a player to do, so I can understand why he didn't feature prominently, especially as a 10.

I don't recall mentioning Adkins, apologies if I did but forgot.

If there is fatigue of fixture congestion then I will go back to something I mentioned way back about Poch's methods; a concern about the suitability of double sessions and high intensity, high press, most KMs covered per player vs any other club etc......it's not conducive to a 2 game per week club without depth. To me I thought it might've been a problem and a limitation and I now think it definitely was/is. The know-how bit would've been finding a way to manage the period when at its most critical.

Dembele may not release it fast enough for Poch but surely that's a piss easy thing to instruct/coach? Easier IF his formation and tactics provide the options around him. He hasn't got to make him a better footballer.

Anyway, we'll soon have Lavezzi, Kopolyanka and Schneiderlin so all good haha

Exactly - he's taken 8pts from 8 games. Shame after nearly 50 games we couldn't have been good enough to end the season with a strong run. 16pts from 24 would mean going into the last day with a shout of 4th.

Impossible dream? Unrealistic? Does everybody really think it would've taken £50m in January to do it? Or, if we had a really good coach/manager and had maybe even invested in 1 decent player in September or January that it couldn't have happened?!?

Perhaps just a defence not as shit as ours (shitter than all but a couple of relegated/relegation teams by the way) might have been enough.

We need to challenge these things, as should the club from top to bottom.
Yeah and it probably would have cost 50million to improve the defence to the standard required....

“I have a squad of 25 players who can play at the top level," Wenger said. “Unfortunately you can only start 11.

"Third place is a step forward from where we finished last year," admitted Walcott.
"But we want to - and need to - be pushing on now and trying to challenge for the title.

One major difference between us and them (manager aside), is mentality.
A manager that gives his players belief.

You dont see them crying about how impossible it is to be the 4th best team.
If only we took some pride in this club and stopped hiding behind the imaginary iron curtain of 4th spot. Utd have been shit this year and there they are.
So when poch said it was possible for us to qualify for the CL and you had a bitch fit about it, that wasn't a player giving his players belief?
What a fucking moron. :dembelewtf:

Yeah and it probably would have cost 50million to improve the defence to the standard required....

Our defence was so bad 50p might have improved it!

For all the excuses, transition, free-passes etc to give Poch, not being able to organise better defending after 55 games with the players he has must be of some concern?

Good grief. The football under AVB was boring and negative. Fans moaned.

Poch has got the team scoring goals, yes we concede but we score more enough to be in a position in the table that more or less reflects the resources we have available.

When will you people learn that money IS everything. Only reason Arry got top 4 is because Citeh hadn't quite built up their team yet.

Man Utd dominated the prem because they used to spend the most money, then Chelsea dominated because they started spending, up comes Man City winning titles because of their spending.
Do you guys think it's a coincidence that net spend and wage bill correlate with final league standings FFS?

Poch is doing at the very least FINE.

In the past we've arguably missed some tricks to strengthen when stronger rivals are struggling a bit, lets hope Levy will back Poch and the recruitment team can do their thing.

Poch is AVB mk2 and his football isn't much better!

Arry got CL because he finished 4th!

I just wish we played the sort of football we did, occasionally, under Arry!

:harrylol:

Good grief. The football under AVB was boring and negative. Fans moaned.

Poch has got the team scoring goals, yes we concede but we score more enough to be in a position in the table that more or less reflects the resources we have available.

When will you people learn that money IS everything. Only reason Arry got top 4 is because Citeh hadn't quite built up their team yet.

Man Utd dominated the prem because they used to spend the most money, then Chelsea dominated because they started spending, up comes Man City winning titles because of their spending.
Do you guys think it's a coincidence that net spend and wage bill correlate with final league standings FFS?

Poch is doing at the very least FINE.

In the past we've arguably missed some tricks to strengthen when stronger rivals are struggling a bit, lets hope Levy will back Poch and the recruitment team can do their thing.

Why bother playing then?

So we truly are fucking mugs then.
But in truth, yes.

Lets face it. Football, in its modern form, exists soley to put money in a few peoples pockets. Be it, Blatter, Murdoch, people at the FA...

If football stopped being profitable tomorrow, it would drop like a stone in a week. Imagine if a law came in that said it was illegal to advertise at or during a football match? Do you think Sky, BT ESPN Al Jazeera or any fucking channel around the world would give a shit?

Why bother playing then?

Although it is unlikely for our club to win things that doesn't mean there is no hope. Upsets happen, underdogs win etc BUT it is illogical to expect/demand these things.
The club are doing things to lessen the disadvantage (new stadium, recruitment team etc) and hopefully Poch can get the team punching above their weight and we can become the exception to the rule that resources are everything.
Just recognising this will lead to less melting.

Poch is AVB mk2 and his football isn't much better!

Arry got CL because he finished 4th!

I just wish we played the sort of football we did, occasionally, under Arry!

:harrylol:
i am suprised so many think we play entertaining & attractive football. most games are snoozefests. with the occasional entertaining game thrown in. i really took the football under harry for granted.

Although it is unlikely for our club to win things that doesn't mean there is no hope. Upsets happen, underdogs win etc BUT it is illogical to expect/demand these things.
The club are doing things to lessen the disadvantage (new stadium, recruitment team etc) and hopefully Poch can get the team punching above their weight and we can become the exception to the rule that resources are everything.
Just recognising this will lead to less melting.

Observations, opinions that aren't rose-tinted, constructive criticism, not prepared to ignore cock-ups and failures = melting to some people though. That's just a loser's attitude as far as I'm concerned.

Untitled_1_97.jpg

He wasn't even Poch's signing - what a clueless cunt indeed

The only clueless cunt on this forum is YOU, an internet troll of the highest order!

I wouldn't mind so much if you occasionally got your facts right but, as in this case, you haven't!

Stambouli was offered to us last January and was turned down by Tim.
He was bought later by Poch/Baldini!
FYI Marseille now want him on loan but Levy wants his money back in a permanent deal.

Still crossing "disagree" to every post of mine stops you trolling somebody else!

Tell you what shall I post somewhere that it's 1st June tomorrow so you can disagree with it???
:adelol:

Muppet!

The only clueless cunt on this forum is YOU, an internet troll of the highest order!

I wouldn't mind so much if you occasionally got your facts right but, as in this case, you haven't!

Stambouli was offered to us last January and was turned down by Tim.
He was bought later by Poch/Baldini!
FYI Marseille now want him on loan but Levy wants his money back in a permanent deal.

Still crossing "disagree" to every post of mine stops you trolling somebody else!

Tell you what shall I post somewhere that it's 1st June tomorrow so you can disagree with it???
:adelol:

Muppet!
Your Stambouli make-believe bullshit is exactly that. Much like the majority of your contribution on here. Jog the fuck on, sad multi cunt-faced waste of skin

Back
Top Bottom