Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite emotional for me to see some of the guys I pretended to be playing football in school.

Highlights for me the absolute quality we've been lucky to have as a team, even under awful management - Sheringham is a reminder of the class that he was, Sicknote looked to put a good shift in, Ginola still a legend..

Makes me sad to think that our past players haven't had the success they deserved as part of our history.

Adebayor was either being a bit cheeky or being a bit of a tit at times based on the highlights, but Obika looked pretty good (like a young Darren Bent!) and Oduwa took his goal well!

Glad to see Holtby back too!

The key thing for me, seeing the legends play together, is not only the talent we've had, but look how a team plays when they are happy and enjoying their football! Okay, it wasn't serious, but I've not enjoyed watching a spurs team as much I enjoyed watching Ledley's XI for years. And most of those guys are near 50 now!

Highlights for me that Sherwood was missing the most crucial ingredient in getting a team to play good football - smiles and enjoyment. It definitely transmits to the fans.

Hoddle couldn't make it as his mum passed away, such a shame.

Also, Robinson's two chants to the Park Lane ('stand up if you hate the scum' and 'we're the Park Lane') were amazing. As was Tony Park's 'my eyes have seen the glory' which is amazing. An old school chant he probably heard a lot in his day which is criminally (though understandably given our lack of recent honours) underused. And when sung is sped up which makes me feel ill. It didn't get a great response in general either which was disappointing

Hoddle couldn't make it as his mum passed away, such a shame.

Also, Robinson's two chants to the Park Lane ('stand up if you hate the scum' and 'we're the Park Lane') were amazing. As was Tony Park's 'my eyes have seen the glory' which is amazing. An old school chant he probably heard a lot in his day which is criminally (though understandably given our lack of recent honours) underused. And when sung is sped up which makes me feel ill. It didn't get a great response in general either which was disappointing
Absolutely made my night

Back
Top Bottom