Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home from the match. Honestly, it was the most enjoyable 90 minutes of football i've watched whilst being at WHL in years. Not even joking. The atmosphere with no pressure on and in party mood was brilliant. The fans from start to finish were superb and you could tell the players on the pitch really enjoyed it.

Some of my highlights.
- The fan being given the chance to be the lino.
- Freund nutmegging #62 and Holtby being in stitches.
- Holtby taking out Howard Webb.
- Robbo and Tony Parks leading the chants again for the Park Lane.
- Berba and Ginola together was class. The first 20 minutes they were a cut above.
- The fans. Just made the whole night for me. If only it was like this every week...

Best £20 i've spent for a while. Whoever missed it, you should be gutted.
Fecking rub it in why don't you ya bastard! :gomes:

Glad to hear everyone from went and glad to hear you all enjoyed yourselves. I'd suspect the current players appreciated it just as much as the fans did.

Honestly a bit disappointed Sherwood didn't play to get a kicking!

Hoddle wasn't there either. Not Carr. Not sure why.

All in all a fantastic evening and easily the most pleasant, joyous atmosphere I've seen at the Lane in a long long time. Will put some vids up for you all tomorrow

Like others have said, a really great evening. I too was hoping to see Sherwood play. He bottled it!

I took my missus along who'd only been to the Lane once before and I had to spend the entire game explaining who all the Legends are. (She's from a country that is still stubbornly refusing to accept the glory of football: Taiwan.) She's going back home for the summer next week and wants to get a Spurs shirt to wear while she's there. Oi! Oi!

Just got home from the match. Honestly, it was the most enjoyable 90 minutes of football i've watched whilst being at WHL in years. Not even joking. The atmosphere with no pressure on and in party mood was brilliant. The fans from start to finish were superb and you could tell the players on the pitch really enjoyed it.

Some of my highlights.
- The fan being given the chance to be the lino.
- Freund nutmegging #62 and Holtby being in stitches.
- Holtby taking out Howard Webb.
- Robbo and Tony Parks leading the chants again for the Park Lane.
- Berba and Ginola together was class. The first 20 minutes they were a cut above.
- The fans. Just made the whole night for me. If only it was like this every week...

Best £20 i've spent for a while. Whoever missed it, you should be gutted.

Wasn't it the bollocks.

So many highlights like you say. Some you haven't mentioned.

Ruel Fox peeling back the years and being the cats dick, showing our youngsters a clean set of heels everytime he had the ball.
Holtby tackling Freund hard then Freund going in hard on him and Holtby pretending he was badly injured. Freund shit a brick for a moment. That kid is so funny.
Webb playing for Ledleys XI. He can play a bit!
Anderton and sheringham doing their corner set piece. Nearly came off too.
The crouch song about his lovely wife.
Even the Mexican wave was fun and not corny.
Grahame Roberts being fatter than Ruddock.

Loads more. Had a smile on my face for the whole match.

Best time I've had at the lane since the 5-0 against Newcastle. But this was more emotional.

One thing though, I wish they would have announced the teams at the start of the second half.

Top night.

Edgar Davids could/should easily still be playing Premier League football.

Really pleased Holtby got a "we want you stay" song as well, we're going to need characters like him in the future.

Quality night. Different atmosphere, as you'd expect, very relaxed and jokey.
I wonder if Howard Webb will start giving us decisions now? As Audere says he can play a bit.
Very impressed with Anderton, Fox and Davids. Still got it. Teddy looked off the pace but still managed to score twice, one a lovely goal that rolled back the years. Also, Anderton and him tried the old corner routine.
Strange to see Berby there. It reminded me of some kid you fell out with unexpectedly turning up at your birthday party in primary school, wanting to be friends again. I respect him for bothering to come, to be honest, and forgave him for being a moody bastard on the spot, even singing his name. Sounds strange but it was that kind of night.

Stress free football, wow what a difference! Walking past The Bill Nic 30 mins before kick off and I could hear cheers from the stadium, been going to The Lane for 40yrs and never witnessed that before. Wonderfull night, great fun, great crowd and very emotional.

I am currently uploading a video of Howard Webb tackling Lewis Holtby, playing a 1-2 with Peter Crouch, then getting 2 footed by Holtby, and getting up and shoving Holtby to the ground.

That sums up tonight. A fantastic event for a fantastic player.

Back
Top Bottom