League Run In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What you mean the team that got relegated? I hope they're EXACTLY like his wigan side.
Not the team that got relegated after they won the Cup- the teams before that who rolled off multiple wins to survive.
That said- yes- I hope they play just like his side that got relegated.
More importantly I hope we play as well as we can and itll b a nonissue.

Looking at our home fixtures we need to capitalise on those, we should (yes I know) win all of those bar City perhaps. This should keep the confidence at a high level to pick up some away points and stay in contention.

We will drop a few unexpected points along the way as the others will. What will be important is taking points off those around us.

It gets into silly season soon where lower table clubs turn into Bayern Munich and suddenly find this ability to beat better team.

I think we will finish 5th. I would be over the moon with that.

You'd be over the moon if we finished 5th?? Finishing 5th or 6th was about par before the season. It would take us coming 3rd to make me as happy.

i dont know about the rest of yous but if we dont get fourth i would much rather finish 6th than 5th...i couldnt stand another season of sunday kick offs. a season to fully concentrate on the league and a good domestic cup run would be great. just look at Southampton this season.

You'd be over the moon if we finished 5th?? Finishing 5th or 6th was about par before the season. It would take us coming 3rd to make me as happy.
Yes. Considering the teams that'll finish above us will be better. We are a work in progress. 5th is over achieving.

i dont know about the rest of yous but if we dont get fourth i would much rather finish 6th than 5th...i couldnt stand another season of sunday kick offs. a season to fully concentrate on the league and a good domestic cup run would be great. just look at Southampton this season.
So you don't want to win the Cup?

Yes. Considering the teams that'll finish above us will be better. We are a work in progress. 5th is over achieving.
i wouldn't call it over achieving..in the last 9 seasons we have finished in the top 5 and better 6 times.

I think Chelsea will win the league title by the third last match, so expect their academy kids to line up against the Dippers. Mourinho pragmatism, especially if they go far in the CL.

Then again, let's hope they hate the Dippers more than us, and do us a favour. We also need them to smash Woolwich at the Emirates. A huge boost for our top 4 finish.

I think based on many predictions before the start of the season. Unless of course you believed wed finish 5th.
if someone said spurs would finish 5th at the start of the season they would have hardly been locked up in a padded room. a top 5 finish is almost becoming mandatory for us.

regardless of what happens on the field it will all come down to this summer. If we finish 5th this year and do not sell our best talents, It will be our best finish since CL because we can really build off this season.

if someone said spurs would finish 5th at the start of the season they would have hardly been locked up in a padded room. a top 5 finish is almost becoming mandatory for us.

Based on last year? I think alot of us would have been silly to think we'd be fighting for 3rd.

Utd spent 200m and got LVG
Liverpool had come off a title chasing year.
Man City and Chelsea are uncatchable.
Woolwich always finish in the top four.
Everton retained their best players and came close to fourth last year.

My prediction anyway was a top 7 finish, a good run in a cup and to see some sort of philosophy by the end of the season.

We are in Feb, we are fighting for third, still in Europe, in the final of a cup and have our Spurs again.

Based on last year? I think alot of us would have been silly to think we'd be fighting for 3rd.

Utd spent 200m and got LVG
Liverpool had come off a title chasing year.
Man City and Chelsea are uncatchable.
Woolwich always finish in the top four.
Everton retained their best players and came close to fourth last year.

My prediction anyway was a top 7 finish, a good run in a cup and to see some sort of philosophy by the end of the season.

We are in Feb, we are fighting for third, still in Europe, in the final of a cup and have our Spurs again.
exactly, and if you had of believed in the team like i do, none of this would be coming as a shock to you.

exactly, and if you had of believed in the team like i do, none of this would be coming as a shock to you.
I believed in Poch. But I didn't believe in the likes of Paulinho, Kaboul, Capoue etc who are poisonous. No one predicted the youth takeover that has seen us move up the table. If we had kept relying on the former, we wouldn't be anywhere near we are now.

You'd be over the moon if we finished 5th??

Look at our squad compared to others, we've got so much dead wood. Kaboul, Vlad, Paulinho, Soldado, Adebayor, Capoue all don't have a place in this squad.

This means that not only do we have the most games in England, but we also have one of the smallest squads to cope with it.

Liverpool brought on Lallana and Balotelli.
We brought on Paulinho and Soldado.

As a transitional season, improving on our league standing from last year would be great. The system works, the manager is good, the players love him, WHL is becoming a bit of a fortress again, we're into a cup final, we're fitter and just simply better than last year and have the youngest team in the league and spent almost nothing in the summer or January.

Considering all of this, 5th would be great.

I legitimately thought we could get 5th and see no reason why we can't achieve at least that now. City and Chelsea were always gonna be the top two. Next 4 was gonna be much of a muchness, Southampton throwing a small spanner in the works, thought Everton would be 7th based on last season.

Woolwich are always there regardless...United were going to improve but was going to take time...we were a shambles last season and finished 6th...Liverpool were good but lost their best man and had extra games this season. 5th/6th was a realistic prediction for ourselves and we are on course to equal that. With a good finish to the season we can sneak a top 4 spot...why the hell not?

As a transitional season, improving on our league standing from last year would be great. The system works, the manager is good, the players love him, WHL is becoming a bit of a fortress again, we're into a cup final, we're fitter and just simply better than last year and have the youngest team in the league and spent almost nothing in the summer or January.

Considering all of this, 5th would be great.

We can agree that it does look a hell lot better than one year ago!

3 top teams left, we can still get a lot of points. Only game I'm not looking forward to is city, all other games are winnable. Time to forget the league, bring on the next two cup games

Back
Top Bottom