League Run In

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disclaimer: I don’t want to gauge whether this season has been successful or not solely on a top 4 finish. If we continue to progress under Poch in the manner we have then a cup final and being at the right end of the table come May will be enough for me.

However (no pressure)

I would say we’ve got the easiest run in along with maybe Woolwich.

We’re also in a decent position that we’ve played most of the teams around us twice now, apart from Southampton and Man U (both away). Where as there are still a lot of 6 pointers to be played by our competition.

Scousers still have to play City, Woolwich, Man U and Chelsea plus Southampton and Stoke away! We Go Again.

Dippers

Southampton (A)
Man City (H)
Swansea (A)
Man U (H)
Woolwich (A)
Newcastle (H)
Hull (A)
West Brom (A)
QPR (H)
Chelsea (A)
Palace (H)
Stoke (A)

Nomads

Palace (A)
Everton (H)
QPR (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Sunderland (H)
Chelsea (H)
Hull (A)
Swansea (H)
Man U (A)
West Brom (H)

Manure

Burnley (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Newcastle (A)
Spurs (H)
Liverpool (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Woolwich (H)
Hull (A)

Saints

West Ham (H)
Liverpool (H)
West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)
Burnley (H)
Everton (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Spurs (H)
Sunderland (A)
Leicester (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (A)

Super Spurs

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
QPR (A)
Man U (A)
Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Villa (H)
Newcastle (A)
Southampton (A)
Man City (H)
Stoke (A)
Hull (H)
Everton (A)

Last edited:
Dippers

Southampton (A)
Man City (H)

Swansea (A)
Man U (H)
Woolwich (A)

Newcastle (H)
Hull (A)
West Brom (A)
QPR (H)
Chelsea (A)
Palace (H)
Stoke (A)

Nomads

Palace (A)
Everton (H)
QPR (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Sunderland (H)
Chelsea (H)
Hull (A)
Swansea (H)
Man U (A)
West Brom (H)

Manure

Burnley (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Newcastle (A)
Spurs (H)
Liverpool (A)

Villa (H)
Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)

Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Woolwich (H)
Hull (A)

Saints

West Ham (H)
Liverpool (H)

West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)
Burnley (H)
Everton (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Spurs (H)
Sunderland (A)
Leicester (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (A)

Super Spurs

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
QPR (A)
Man U (A)
Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Villa (H)
Newcastle (A)
Southampton (A)
Man City (H)

Stoke (A)
Hull (H)
Everton (A)

I have highlighted the top 8 against each team, think we are quite even with the Arse, Liverpool and Saints have slightly harder run in than us.

Last edited:
Before the season most people were content with a good cup run or 2 and a qualifying for Europe.

We have a cup final nailed. In the knockouts of the Europa and are in a great position to qualify for Europe. Still very much in contention for Champions league.

Add to that completely routing top of the table Chelsea and completely outplaying / beating Woolwich and the emergence of Kane / Mason / Bentaleb as real quality players this season has been great so far.

Furthermore the resurgence of Danny Rose / Chadli, the improvements of Eriksen and Lamela somewhat and a some solid transfer business with Dier / Davies / Vorm and hopefully Dele Alli who looks a real prospect.

Oh yeah and Lloris is still the tits and we have the old Vertognhen back.

Decent.

Couple more points.

We appear to have style and ethos. Nice.

WHL / away games have had some great atmospheres.

:freundgoal:

To sum it all up. I have a smile on my face watching Spurs. That is what it is all about.

Disclaimer: I don’t want to gauge whether this season has been successful or not solely on a top 4 finish. If we continue to progress under Poch in the manner we have then a cup final and being at the right end of the table come May will be enough for me.

However (no pressure)

I would say we’ve got the easiest run in along with maybe Woolwich.

We’re also in a decent position that we’ve played most of the teams around us twice now, apart from Southampton and Man U (both away). Where as there are still a lot of 6 pointers to be played by our competition.

Scousers still have to play City, Woolwich, Man U and Chelsea plus Southampton and Stoke away! We Go Again.

Dippers

Southampton (A)
Man City (H)
Swansea (A)
Man U (H)
Woolwich (A)
Newcastle (H)
Hull (A)
West Brom (A)
QPR (H)
Chelsea (A)
Palace (H)
Stoke (A)

Nomads

Palace (A)
Everton (H)
QPR (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Liverpool (H)
Burnley (A)
Sunderland (H)
Chelsea (H)
Hull (A)
Swansea (H)
Man U (A)
West Brom (H)

Manure

Burnley (H)
Swansea (A)
Sunderland (H)
Newcastle (A)
Spurs (H)
Liverpool (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)
Palace (A)
Woolwich (H)
Hull (A)

Saints

West Ham (H)
Liverpool (H)
West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)
Burnley (H)
Everton (A)
Hull (H)
Stoke (A)
Spurs (H)
Sunderland (A)
Leicester (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (A)

Super Spurs

West Ham (H)
Swansea (H)
QPR (A)
Man U (A)
Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Villa (H)
Newcastle (A)
Southampton (A)
Man City (H)
Stoke (A)
Hull (H)
Everton (A)

So really we want to hope chelsea have the title sown up with a win over the woolwich, meaning we'll then play a demoralised city

So really we want to hope chelsea have the title sown up with a win over the woolwich, meaning we'll then play a demoralised city

Unless the gap is 12 points, that isn't gonna happen. Personally, I can't see it even being a possibility that the title will be done and dusted by that point.

Huge game next Sunday, Southampton vs Liverpool, would be happy with them drawing and getting huge injuries.

If we beat West Ham the day before we could be up to 4th.

We have a young team playing some fantastic football, the son of God playing up front, great manager and a bit of atmosphere from the fans. I don't mind about top 4, that was never our goal at the beginning of the season anyway, just hope Poch continues to progress the team. In the words of the creepy clown making kids fat "I'm lovin' it".

Oh fucking hell. I was just starting to get over Tuesdays result. Reading this has just made me realise what a great position we'd be in if we'd picked up the win we deserved. I need to stay away from this place for a while

Last edited:
We will drop a few unexpected points along the way as the others will. What will be important is taking points off those around us.

It gets into silly season soon where lower table clubs turn into Bayern Munich and suddenly find this ability to beat better team.

I think we will finish 5th. I would be over the moon with that.

We'll probably win the hard ones and lose to the relegation cloggers at home

These threads appear annually and it hardly ever goes according to script - this is Spurs, remember

Back
Top Bottom