Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely fucking awful for the Ireland opener.
No idea what he's thinking of going down looking for a free there, but the ball still had to travel the length of the pitch for the goal. And it was a great break.

He's being hammered over it though, and rightly so. All started with his idiocy. I wonder what Poch will make of it :pochsulk:

He just isn't a full back. End of the story. He isn't a player who can overlap.

Wimmer only plays the position, because we don't have a proper LB. And Alaba is playing in midfield.
Quite ironic since Alaba is arguably the best left-back in the world right now... I guess you need your best players in the most important positions?

Quite ironic since Alaba is arguably the best left-back in the world right now... I guess you need your best players in the most important positions?
This has to be a case of building a team around a player... or should be. 3-5-2 to give Alaba the wing surely? How are they setting up at the moment? They were dogshit in the Euros and using Alaba badly there.

Did a stand up job for his first time playing LB for us in the Prem. Against the most inform front 3 in the League no less.

Pissed me off no end the criticism he got for 1 bad game after his previous excellent run. The usual mob that love to shit on our players.

Got caught out a little for the 2nd goal, but if he'd have broke out from where he was it probably would have been an even easier finish from the centre of the area. Got stitched up by Sonny being lazy and not tracking his runner.

Big up Big Kev.

Looked poor today but played out of position so can't really blame him.
Looks bad for austria in that position too.

Pissed me off no end the criticism he got for 1 bad game after his previous excellent run. The usual mob that love to shit on our players.
I don't think that I've ever been part of the "usual mob", but I think he's looked poor so far in all his appearances this season.

I too though he looked amazing last season, but on current form I'm starting to think it was much more that he was playing alongside Alderweireld during that stretch rather than individual quality.

Alderweireld + Lamela absolutely cannot come back soon enough. We are far more reliant on them than anyone used to believe. We look bang-average without our entire starting 11 intact.

Wimmer, to me, is a perfect example of the kind of philosphy that we need to (and are) introducing with constant evolution rather than revolution.
At present he is not as good as Jan or Toby but he has potential. Poch puts his arm round him "look we want you for the future. Learn under Jan/Toby" ease him in, give him a year or two. Then 3-4 years as the first choice where he mentors someone else.
Set your team up at a high level and then small changes each season.
Wimmer is 24, Jan 29 Toby 27. 2 more years for Jan as automatic first choice.

Back
Top Bottom