Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Wimmer doesn't leave. He is a real talent. Jan is older, so Wimmer will get his chance eventually and will likely end up first choice for years to come. In the meantime I hope he gets some game time here and there and is able to remain patient.

I've got a feeling he'll be in the squad tomorrow...
If Dier & Vertonghen play (and Ben Davies is capable of playing LB/CB) then he could put Wimmer on the bench without ever really having to use him, in case of Emergency...
I think CCV will play on Tuesday at Anfield... whether that's alongside Jan (who needs a break) or Wimmer, remains to be seen... but I think tomorrow & Tuesday will be a good test of our squad as a whole.

When someone talks about "conspiracy theories" and there avatar is a Guy Fowlkes mask, forgive me for jumping to my own conclusions on what agenda you choose to take.

Aside from being mildly droll, what exactly are you fookin' on about? ...My “agenda”?

For me Poch has made it blatantly clear who is in his plans and who isn't, just ask Bentaleb, Paulinho, Capoue and Abdebayor, in each of these cases he came out in a press conference and said "they are not in my plans". So for you to dismiss what the Manager says ("it's not about Poch's thoughts on the matter") is absurd. It matters what he says, because he is our Manager and when the situation demands straight talking, he gives it straight and direct. He could not have been any clearer.

…Massively missed my point here it seems.

What I said was to the effect that, yes Poch has cleared up his feelings on the matter (thus dismissing any ideas - see “conspiracies” - that the fans/press may have come up with), but that doesn’t change the fact that if Kev is not happy with his allotted game time he WILL eventually want to leave… He’s categorically implied as much already.

Regarding Wimmer: Of cause he wants game time, of cause he wants to play more. He is behind the best centre back pairing in Europe right now, so of cause his game time is limited. Wimmer has also acknowledged this too. There was nothing wrong with his comments, I said this at the time, in fact I like that he is frustrated, I like that he is desperate to play.

Maybe your can explain to me why you think I have taken exception to Wimmer’s comments?

Again you seem to have entirely misinterpreted what I have said.

There is no issue here, non what soever. Move on, nothing to see.

Um, right, ok…. Glad you so succesfully cleared all that up with such crystal clear comprehension… Thanks, bloke! :roll:

Aside from being mildly droll, what exactly are you fookin' on about? ...My “agenda”?

…Massively missed my point here it seems.

What I said was to the effect that, yes Poch has cleared up his feelings on the matter (thus dismissing any ideas - see “conspiracies” - that the fans/press may have come up with), but that doesn’t change the fact that if Kev is not happy with his allotted game time he WILL eventually want to leave… He’s categorically implied as much already.

Maybe your can explain to me why you think I have taken exception to Wimmer’s comments?

Again you seem to have entirely misinterpreted what I have said.

Um, right, ok…. Glad you so succesfully cleared all that up with such crystal clear comprehension… Thanks, bloke! :roll:
Fuck me! Mate, I don't give a fuck, there ain't a problem here. Player who doesn't get selected wants to be selected shocker! Manager says there ain't a problem. There is no problem.

^^^Who's fookin' moaning???

Fuck me! Mate, I don't give a fuck, there ain't a problem here. Player who doesn't get selected wants to be selected shocker! Manager says there ain't a problem. There is no problem.

Fuck knows what’s got your feathers so fuckin’ ruffled…

Sorry, I remember now…. It was my (completely inconsequential) avatar. LOL

I was under the impression this was a forum for DISCUSSION about Spurs, footy etc.…. I had hoped to engage in a discussion about squad/man management and examine the quandary of how to keep a player in Wimmers position happy…. A quandry which potentially exists for pretty much any squad outside of the financial heavyweights (whom effectively buy off peoples patience and/or sense of personal ambition).

Maybe I should have made my posting debut with dick jokes instead…? :face palm:

Meanwhile, Gascoigne8 - Thanks for the multiple ‘disagrees’. However, would it be somewhat outlandish of me to wonder exactly what it is you disagree with?

I mean, essentially, all I’ve really said is that a player who is not happy with their game time will eventually leave.

Let's get some reality with Big Kev here.

He's played 20+ times for us and this was his first real poor performance.

He's a bloody good player.

He also had a shocker in the Europa League last season too - but you're right, he has rarely put a foot wrong. Tonight he was fucking shocking (just like he was his previous two appearances for Austria) - but he's solid back up for Vertonghen.

No where near as good as Vertonghen (which is why it was strange that people wanted Wimmer to start games this season) - but he can get there if he can continue to improve. Still young.

Disappointing, maybe like Dawson was always better when playing alongside King, Wimmer needs Alderweireld next to him to play well.
In fairness I reckon Toby could make me look good if I played alongside him.

I like big Kev, but fuck me he had a stinker tonight. He didn't look like the experienced CB of the two.

Anyway- just makes the treble easier to win- starting Saturday against Leicester

He also had a shocker in the Europa League last season too - but you're right, he has rarely put a foot wrong. Tonight he was fucking shocking (just like he was his previous two appearances for Austria) - but he's solid back up for Vertonghen.

No where near as good as Vertonghen (which is why it was strange that people wanted Wimmer to start games this season) - but he can get there if he can continue to improve. Still young.
Totally agree. Jan is a level up from wimmer.
But good back up.

Why is he left back again?

International coaches do baffle at times e.g. Playing Alderweirld and Vertonghen as fullbacks when they have proven to be the best CB pairing in Europe for 2yrs running

Back
Top Bottom