Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That OG wasn't a brain fart moment to me. It was a reaction on instinct that 99% of cb's would do (especially with 2 opposition players breathing down his neck).
I do understand that you're not saying or even implying that Wimmer is a bad player though.
Well i'm glad that's all cleared up then...

dexter-14965-1920x1080.jpg

That OG wasn't a brain fart moment to me. It was a reaction on instinct that 99% of cb's would do (especially with 2 opposition players breathing down his neck).

Indeed, besides the oppo would have scored without his challenge anyway.

What is up with Wimmer this year (poor attitude)? He was great last year. Then he started complaining and he's been terrible all year. I know CCV takes most of the blame for the second goal, but look at Wimmer's terrible failed clearance at midfield...

What is up with Wimmer this year (poor attitude)? He was great last year. Then he started complaining and he's been terrible all year. I know CCV takes most of the blame for the second goal, but look at Wimmer's terrible failed clearance at midfield...
I think its a lack of playing time - I think he's a good player but has only played a handful of games. He was torn a new arse against liverpool and city - tough games/teams to play. On saturday, like the liverpool game, there were too many changes and the team was disorganised.

...Considering Kev is still likely stood there; probably not.

Not sure what you're getting at. If Wimmer left it, the flag would have been put up for offside. Which is why the argument was based on defensive instincts. Wimmer was never going to leave it because he was never going to be aware.

Proper refereeing dictates if a defender plays a ball that otherwise would have gone to an offsides forward, it is still offsides. The player in the offsides position affected the play.

Not happy writing this, but I personally think he will be gone in the summer, I think we will get double the money we paid for him, if we sell him in the PL.

He had one of the rare opportunities yesterday to show himself in the league, and he just didn't do enough considering the form Stoke were in. Even though he made 28 passes and completed every single of them, it's worrying how much of a downgrade he is to Verts if both of their heatmaps are compared. Yes, he didn't have Rose but Davies on the left side, but he still has to show more if he wants to prove himself for us. I have mentioned that Wimmer is somebody who does his defending very well - and our back-up CBs have to be able to do more with the way we play now... our football has changed extremely. We don't only need physically strong defenders, but also intelligent ones & with the kind of positional awareness of Toby and especially Verts - maybe we should have a look in the Eredivisie again.

Not happy writing this, but I personally think he will be gone in the summer, I think we will get double the money we paid for him, if we sell him in the PL.

He had one of the rare opportunities yesterday to show himself in the league, and he just didn't do enough considering the form Stoke were in. Even though he made 28 passes and completed every single of them, it's worrying how much of a downgrade he is to Verts if both of their heatmaps are compared. Yes, he didn't have Rose but Davies on the left side, but he still has to show more if he wants to prove himself for us. I have mentioned that Wimmer is somebody who does his defending very well - and our back-up CBs have to be able to do more with the way we play now... our football has changed extremely. We don't only need physically strong defenders, but also intelligent ones & with the kind of positional awareness of Toby and especially Verts - maybe we should have a look in the Eredivisie again.

Don't be too critical.. the game that Jan was playing in wasn't completely over. Big Kev had less to do really, and the game had slowed right down.

He came on Sunday and did not put a foot wrong. No goals conceded means the defence did their job.

I think like any player he needs a run of games to gel into the team, as critical as I have been at the likes of sisokko, it is difficult when you are warming the bench all the time to suddenly switch it on...... Son was a classic example last season where he was trying too hard when coming on as a sub to impress, winks does it well, seems to be able to get straight into it, maybe that's what Poch rates?

He came on Sunday and did not put a foot wrong. No goals conceded means the defence did their job.

I think like any player he needs a run of games to gel into the team, as critical as I have been at the likes of sisokko, it is difficult when you are warming the bench all the time to suddenly switch it on...... Son was a classic example last season where he was trying too hard when coming on as a sub to impress, winks does it well, seems to be able to get straight into it, maybe that's what Poch rates?
Was positionally great and made a great tackle. I rate him highly.

I like him an awful lot but if we're going to play 3 at the back more often than not, then I think it would make sense to sell him, bring in a left back similar to Rose in style and use Davies as the Vertonghen reserve.

Talked with him yesterday during the training session ahead of the international games.

He said that he really enjoys London, the club, the training, the players and the coaching staff at the club, but he is desperate for more game time. He talked with Poch about his chances in the future and said he is planning with him in the long term, Poch wants to have him in the squad as we will be playing in our new stadium.

He said that he is considering alot of things with his agent right now... knows if there are no injuries to our first team players, he barely gets any time to play in the PL. He has been honest, he knows his last performances haven't been the best, but it's difficult for a defender to play well when only given occasional games. At last he mentioned that Hoffenheim have contacted his agent recently - they would probably want him in the summer.

Talked with him yesterday during the training session ahead of the international games.

He said that he really enjoys London, the club, the training, the players and the coaching staff at the club, but he is desperate for more game time. He talked with Poch about his chances in the future and said he is planning with him in the long term, Poch wants to have him in the squad as we will be playing in our new stadium.

He said that he is considering alot of things with his agent right now... knows if there are no injuries to our first team players, he barely gets any time to play in the PL. He has been honest, he knows his last performances haven't been the best, but it's difficult for a defender to play well when only given occasional games. At last he mentioned that Hoffenheim have contacted his agent recently - they would probably want him in the summer.
He was great when filling in last season for Jan and was unlucky to be ousted as soon as he was fit again but it's hard to argue against when Jan and Toby are clearly our first choice.

I really hope we retain him but it's true that unless there are injuries, right now, he won't be getting PL game time.

Rather than see him sold I'd love to see him get a loan out to another PL side. He's the ideal long term replacement for Jan but needs to be getting game time while Jan is still at his peak.

Would have to see him leave on a permanent deal.

He needs to move for the benefit of his career. He just hasn't taken his chances this season and I think Poch has doubts over him. He's very good on the ball, very strong but his mobility isn't the best and he can get turned. If he wants to stay in the PL I think a number of clubs would be interested, such as Leicester, West Ham or Southampton. Probably Everton would be highest level he could hope to get.

Back
Top Bottom