Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else concerned by his absence. Black eye in Oz, disappeared since then and on social media. No clear details from club.

On the naughty step? Hope not, seems a good lad and valuable player.

If Wimmer had a fight on the training ground I suspect he'd be gone.
Wimmer will be a major part of our squad, along with CCV. If he's unhappy he will ask to go.
Dragovic and Hinteregger are before him in the national team. He hasn't lost his place due to not playing regularly.

I assume if Vertonghen mises a few games and Wimmer is fit he will be chosen over CCV. We all know Pochettino wants left/right footed pairing.

He has a decent future and I hope it will be here as Vertonghen is 30 next season.

If Wimmer had a fight on the training ground, whoever he fought would most likely be gone.... to the spirit in the sky.

Apart from Dier that is....
tumblr_nms077QQnC1rng8pyo1_500.gif

Think this is nothing - a left sided centre back just isn't that much use on the bench to us, we're never going to make that sub unless it's forced.
Neither is a right sided CB, and CCV was just selected to be on the bench. Dier is also a right footed CB, so you would think if Poch really cared about lefty/righty, Dier would be the backup to RCB and Wimmer the LCB. Considering he hasn't featured at all even in preseason games, it's starting to worry me.

Anyone else concerned by his absence. Black eye in Oz, disappeared since then and on social media. No clear details from club.

On the naughty step? Hope not, seems a good lad and valuable player.
A little bit, yeah. He did an incredible job deputizing for Vertonghen in his absence. Even though Vertonghen is our clear starter I'd still expect to see him at least get a few minutes here and there.

Neither is a right sided CB, and CCV was just selected to be on the bench. Dier is also a right footed CB, so you would think if Poch really cared about lefty/righty, Dier would be the backup to RCB and Wimmer the LCB. Considering he hasn't featured at all even in preseason games, it's starting to worry me.

Alderweireld more likely to switch easily to left centre back than Vertonghen to right centre back - same with Dier and Wanyama........because left footed players are rare they rarely get the experience of playing on the 'other side' as right footed players do.

A little bit, yeah. He did an incredible job deputizing for Vertonghen in his absence. Even though Vertonghen is our clear starter I'd still expect to see him at least get a few minutes here and there.

After tonight's performance not so clear and I was disappointed with Jan although I do rate him.

He forgot the basics like not showing a left footed fwd to the right and not being first to headers!

Give Wimmer a run

To be quite blunt, this is becoming a bit of a worry for me.

I like Poch, but he does have his favourites and does seem to 'exile' quite a lot of players for seemingly not much.

I think Wimmer should be starting. Instead he's not even on the bench.

I don't think he's injured.

Back
Top Bottom