Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When we are playing 2 matches a week, I think we should rotate so that like Trippier & Davies, Wimmer plays more matches. He only cost £4m and we should get a replacement for Fazio and then Dier will not have to fill in at CB. Not too expensive a position to fund and then we could rotate the whole defence.
Just promote CCV

Just like when Vertonghen went missing and Wimmer come in and made an impression. CCV has done the same. We have great depth in this position.

Might not be playing due to a facial injury. Janseen elbowed him in the face, I think (hence why Wimmer has a black eye in the contract signing). Could just be making sure it doesn't get any worse.

When has CCV played Prem games to impress?
We hasn't. Neither had Wimmer though. I'll trust Poch with whatever decision he makes, CCV has apparently been training with the first team for well over a year so he'll know all about what he can do and whether he's ready.

Where's Kev? Extraordinary to me that he isn't in the Matchday squad, based on his very impressive stint last season & Vertonghens decidedly shakey form I'd think he'd be competing very strongly for a starting position right now.

Is there something amiss here? Was there more to the black eye he came back from Oz with than s training ground mishap?

I find his being missing very odd tbh

Where's Kev? Extraordinary to me that he isn't in the Matchday squad, based on his very impressive stint last season & Vertonghens decidedly shakey form I'd think he'd be competing very strongly for a starting position right now.

Is there something amiss here? Was there more to the black eye he came back from Oz with than s training ground mishap?

I find his being missing very odd tbh

He's has a hammy injury, probably not quite match fit yet

How comes Pochettino didn't mention that he was injured? It was only confirmed that Lloris was out injured and Dembele was suspended, everyone else was fit?

Strange.

He just signed a 5 year deal. He can be "fit to play" but not have "match fitness"

He missed the entire preseason too. And so what if he was named to the bench. Chances of him coming on are very slim. Davies can cover both CB and LB.
He'll start a cup match for us and all this "selling Wimmer" (fucking ESPN lololol) will be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom