Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What good players?
We haven't got a good right back. Our barely proven left back is injured. Toby appears to be done at CB.
Son and Kane look stranded from the rest of the team.

We're average. Or worse.

GLC (when healthy) and Toby are the two that clearly should have been played more this year.

Winks and Sissoko two guys that should never see the field in a PL game.

How is Toby now done?! We went through successive games just 3 months ago against City, Woolwich and Chelsea keeping clean sheets with Toby at CB, now he’s done?!

It seems to be the narrative from Jose apologists and some that want to see Rodon play and feel they need to crap on Toby to build Joe up.

I'm not changing my vote........yet. But it's getting harder to understand why Jose does the things that he does. You can't argue against his record, and while we were winning games, I could put up with the not-so-attractive play. I suppose I'm still okay with giving him until the end of the season, and if we can bag a couple of trophies, he will have done his job. He is a very divisive character though, always has been and I doubt he will ever change. Let's hope he doesn't do too much damage.

I'm not changing my vote........yet. But it's getting harder to understand why Jose does the things that he does. You can't argue against his record, and while we were winning games, I could put up with the not-so-attractive play. I suppose I'm still okay with giving him until the end of the season, and if we can bag a couple of trophies, he will have done his job. He is a very divisive character though, always has been and I doubt he will ever change. Let's hope he doesn't do too much damage.
I'm not changing my vote either..but then, I did vote 'no' in the first place. To be fair, his record does speak for itself, I don't think there are many managers who can boast so many league titles and so many short-term positions as Jose. It does make you wonder though, how a manager can have so many successes but be sacked so very quickly at each club he goes to. Maybe a trophy will make it all worthwhile, even if it just stops the narrative in the media about Spurs not winning trophies. I just can't help but think of how much damage is being done though. Knowing the manager is coming in a halftime, pointing the finger and blaming individuals, creating disharmony and unrest in the name of demanding excellence, I don't think its the way for a manager to deal with the situation, and judging by the second half against Liverpool, I'm right. I worry that if we do win a cup Jose will buy himself another season and we'll be on the mid-season managerial merry-go-round by next Christmas.

If you dont have top players in every position he is completely useless

Never gonna get a tune out of our bunch of donkeys

Either give him the money to buy top quality players or fuck him off and bring in a manager that can actually coach a side to be more than the sum of its parts

This halfway house we are operating in will bring us nothing but miserable football with no results

Well he wanted a back 3 and with reguilons injury there wasnt much choice i dont think. We were worse in second half when we went to normal back 4 with a proper right back and left back.
Joses biggest mistakes were the brutal substitutions at half time and the moving of ndombele further up the pitch where he couldnt get on the ball.
The moves of an inexperienced manager not a so called tactical genius and experienced trophy winner
So inept right?
Another one for you Jenny Talia Jenny Talia and El Magnifico

On the night he was inept yes. But as i said before the players could do with having a hard look at themselves
But I'm not discussing the players in this instance. Players have bad games and make mistakes sure but I was given pages of abuse for daring to suggest that mourinho had moments of ineptitude. And Liverpool was another example where HIS tactics, personnel, subs and in game management were nothing short of atrocious.

But I'm not discussing the players in this instance. Players have bad games and make mistakes sure but I was given pages of abuse for daring to suggest that mourinho had moments of ineptitude. And Liverpool was another example where HIS tactics, personnel, subs and in game management were nothing short of atrocious.
They were bad id have no problem saying that. And i have defended mourinho before but thurs wasnt good enough. But as a collective the players lack of energy, drive, especially when we got back to 2-1 was shocking. No pride or fight. Players not just at spurs mind you get away with murder and its sickening to watch at times. But maybe thats for a different thread

Im in the same boat. If we dont win a couple of trophies hes gone and even if we do i think hell go too

EtA39z1XcAIQRmL

If you were Brighton, you'd just whip cross after cross in tomorrow.

We're average. Or worse.
I think we appear average against Liverpool because we can't beat them. Thursday's game was truly woeful but the previous one was a decent game. Win today and we're back in the mix and looking ok. There will be a lot of teams below us wishing they were in our spot.

If we were in 10th with no cup finals to look forward to then I'd be pissing on Jose. As it is we're just having as weird a season as everbody else. Frustrating, yes, but I'd argue not dull, in part because the team are like James McAvoy in Split and we haven't got a clue which identity will turn up to each game.

Loads of matches to go. Let's see what today brings. Might just be The Beast.

Back
Top Bottom