January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently they wanted a £5m loan fee and if he plays regulaly thats going to end up being £750k. They are in a world of shit. I cant believe they've swerved sanctions until now but if clubs know they are in trouble no one is offering £50m for Broja or Gallagher and beyond those 2 and Challobah they're running out of home grown players to sell. They'll be lucky to get £70m for all 3.

If I’m gallagher’s agent I’m telling him to move in the summer or run down his contract. They can’t afford to give him an increase on his current terms because of FFP. No matter how much he loves the club you need to look after yourself. (Of course he isn’t starving now but you get my point).

Wonder if we offer £25m for Gallagher in the summer with 1 year left on his contract
Most big clubs would be more than happy to get him for £25m - clubs that Chelksi much rather want to sell him to.
Besides, with Bergvall and Devine both able to play in the CM spot I doubt Spurs a strong need for Gallagher.

there's no place for him now, unless we get rid of skipp as well as hojbjerg
Lo Celso out as well, Gallagher played his best football at WBA and Palace when he was used as an attacking midfielder but he isnt particulaly creative. 6 players for the midfield 3, Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Gallagher and Maddison? Bergvall getting minutes here and there. With European football i think they'd all get minutes. We've moaned about our squad depth for ages and its why we've been so terrible in the cups as we cant really rotate.

Overall not a bad window and appreciate that we can’t do it all with a rebuild in two windows.

But if where we’re aiming is where Liverpool are now - to be top of the league and competing across 4 competitions, we need to up the quality across the front line.

Love the investment in youth but you feel that a statement signing might really push the team on another level. COYS

If I’m gallagher’s agent I’m telling him to move in the summer or run down his contract. They can’t afford to give him an increase on his current terms because of FFP. No matter how much he loves the club you need to look after yourself. (Of course he isn’t starving now but you get my point).

Sounds almost like Barca where they couldn’t employ Messi again even if they gave him a £0 wage.

Lo Celso out as well, Gallagher played his best football at WBA and Palace when he was used as an attacking midfielder but he isnt particulaly creative. 6 players for the midfield 3, Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Gallagher and Maddison? Bergvall getting minutes here and there. With European football i think they'd all get minutes. We've moaned about our squad depth for ages and its why we've been so terrible in the cups as we cant really rotate.

So Lo Celso and Hojbjerg gone

Left with the below

Maddison
Bissouma
Sarr
Skipp
Bentancur
Bergvall
Donley?
Devine?

I rate Gallagher in the right system but think we are fine with or without him.

I just read this was a 2/3 out of 10 window.... from one of our fans... His wife must have one hell of a minge to keep him happy. Maybe it is in fact a super minge!

Left with the below

Maddison
Bissouma
Sarr
Skipp
Bentancur
Bergvall
Donley?
Devine?

So do i. If it were me i'd go for Eze and a quality left winger as i think we need more creativity and game changers which i dont think Gallagher is but they clearly like him.

Donley will go on loan and Devine might get a prem loan i'd imagine. Suppose it depends what we do come summer and if they think the latter is ready.

Overall not a bad window and appreciate that we can’t do it all with a rebuild in two windows.

But if where we’re aiming is where Liverpool are now - to be top of the league and competing across 4 competitions, we need to up the quality across the front line.

Love the investment in youth but you feel that a statement signing might really push the team on another level. COYS
Yep, Oshimen in the summer, we can outbid everyone

Left with the below

Maddison
Bissouma
Sarr
Skipp
Bentancur
Bergvall
Donley?
Devine?

I think it's premature to assume Devine and Donley start games for us next season. Bergvall is an unknown but has apparently been promised the first team squad so maybe he is just that good that he will be a proper rotation option immediately.

If we ship out GLC and PEH and get can Gallagher in for 25m its still great business.

6: Biss/Bergvall
8: Sarr/Bentancur/Gallagher/Skipp
10: Maddison/Kulu

That's a joke group of 6s and 8s.

Decent reliable Madders cover should be the focus now. Gio would be perfect if he could stay fit but we need to move on from that now.

Back
Top Bottom