January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just read this was a 2/3 out of 10 window.... from one of our fans... His wife must have one hell of a minge to keep him happy. Maybe it is in fact a super minge!

I think the whole 2/10 thing is bollocks, but sort yourself out... There's no need to go down that kind of path.

My man, it ain't about being right or wrong...the vast majority of convos on here are about opinions, not facts (yes, even your self-described uber eloquent & classy posts, LP).

It's about being realistic, about judging things in the present and not based on previous years/decades.

When you rate the TW pre-Bergvall as a 2, it don't make you right/wrong. But it does make you unrealistic and as if you let your longstanding frustration dictate your agenda.
If there is no right or wrong it's not unrealistic, neither was it unrealistic for the club to sin a prospect like I wanted because they went out and did it.

BP is like THE academy in Sweden. If you want to scout well trained youth footballers you hit them up first.

They are more or less a super academy with a first team attached to it rather than the opposite. The first team exists to justify the academy.

My man, it ain't about being right or wrong...the vast majority of convos on here are about opinions, not facts (yes, even your self-described uber eloquent & classy posts, LP).

It's about being realistic, about judging things in the present and not based on previous years/decades.

When you rate the TW pre-Bergvall as a 2, it don't make you right/wrong. But it does make you unrealistic and as if you let your longstanding frustration dictate your agenda.
Definition of rent free x

Can’t get rid of Skipp because we need club trained HG numbers for Europe. He won’t be going anywhere because of that.
Very pleased with the business we done between last summer & Jan. Still work to do re incomings and outgoings, and hopefully we can achieve a good 75% of it this coming summer...I'm just being realistic about how tough it's gonna be to get rid of Sess, Tanganga, Dombs and even Spence if Genoa don't keep him.

One area we do need to focus on is the number of ENG players in the first team. We need more than just Mads & Skippy + Big Frase. I guess we'll tackle that one by integrating Ash, Devine and another youngun...hopefully they'll play and not just be there to make the quotas. But yeah be grand to get a couple of regular contributors in. Personally I've always had a soft spot for KWP and I'd welcome him back with open arms any day. Another englishman in the middle and upfront and that'd be very sweet.

But yeah, when you see how much Bergvall cost compared to Wharton, it's east to understand why clubs often go down the foreign route.

I just read this was a 2/3 out of 10 window.... from one of our fans... His wife must have one hell of a minge to keep him happy. Maybe it is in fact a super minge!
Red Card No GIF by EDF Officiel

I am certainly happy about this window but it's far too early to rate it based on incomings.
If Dragusin, Bergvall and Werner, in time, turns out to be top class signings, then this window may turn into a 9 or 10 :cool:

Lo Celso out as well, Gallagher played his best football at WBA and Palace when he was used as an attacking midfielder but he isnt particulaly creative. 6 players for the midfield 3, Skipp, Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr, Gallagher and Maddison? Bergvall getting minutes here and there. With European football i think they'd all get minutes. We've moaned about our squad depth for ages and its why we've been so terrible in the cups as we cant really rotate.

Aside from CB; lack of depth hasn't been the issue this season; it's the sheer amount of injuries compounded by bans and international tournaments.

If Bergvall is worthy of minutes next season then the more he gets the better...... Putting the bland and average Gallagher in his way would be a bad idea.

The above potentially applies to Devine too if Ange deems him ready.

#6 / #8 - Biss / Bentancur / Sarr / Skipp / Bergvall + possibly Devine = 6 players for 2 spots.

It makes more sense to look at Maddison's skill set seperately rather than mash it all up as none of those listed there can do what he does.

Next season (subject to movement and. again, Ange deeming young players ready):

Maddison / Kulu (???) / GLC (???) + Donley (???)

To me the very clear path is to sell GLC & PEH and use the proceeds to buy another creative/AM.

Gallagher ain't it.

Aside from CB; lack of depth hasn't been the issue this season; it's the sheer amount of injuries compounded by bans and international tournaments.

If Bergvall is worthy of minutes next season then the more he gets the better...... Putting the bland and average Gallagher in his way would be a bad idea.

The above potentially applies to Devine too if Ange deems him ready.

#6 / #8 - Biss / Bentancur / Sarr / Skipp / Bergvall + possibly Devine = 6 players for 2 spots.

It makes more sense to look at Maddison's skill set seperately rather than mash it all up as none of those listed there can do what he does.

Next season (subject to movement and. again, Ange deeming young players ready):

Maddison / Kulu (???) / GLC (???) + Donley (???)

To me the very clear path is to sell GLC & PEH and use the proceeds to buy another creative/AM.

Gallagher ain't it.
I dont want us to buy him but think there is a good chance we will . I'd be putting all our resources into a couple of game changing attacking players and a good rotation option for Udogie and make do and mend elsewhere . Plus i dont want to help Chelsea out in any way.

12 months left on his contract i'd be amazed if we get much more, £25m max but no one has any money.

Most people on here are just as bad as they accuse Levy of being when it comes to over-valuing our players (many of whom they actually deem to be shit! LOL)........

I'd happily take £20m for PEH.... But could easily see it being less due to the market. Ditto GLC.

Similarly when we see people throwing similar numbers around for players like Reguilon and previously the likes of Lamela, Sanchez & Dier.

The fact is that since 19/20 the only players who have been sold for more than €15m are Kane and Bergwijn.....

- That's 2 out of 24 senior player exits.
- Only 10 of which we got ANY kind of fee for.
- 14 left for free.

Back
Top Bottom