January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully yes but things can go to shit, if Ange leaves for any reason and we get a Conte/Mourinho type manager to replace him.
We have a project in place. Conte and Jose were appointed in order to please Kane to win a trophy. With the structure in place (and Levy out of football decisions) we can go places and don't need a win-now manager. Thank God Sonny is not as pushy as Kane when it comes to trophies (and I desperately want him to win a trophy with us).

No explanation why it is so (ridiculous). IMO it makes perfectly sense to keep using Paratici.
He's had very few misses thus far, obviously hard to know which transfers are his and who was responsible for others, but arguably only Spence hasn't worked out, Royal has his place in the squad and has performed well at times under all the managers he has worked with, Porro, Kulu, Bentancur and Romero have been revelationary, imagine how fucked we would be right now if someone less competent had been charged with finding players in each of those positions? This summer's business was fantastic too, Vic, Maddison and VDV, on top of our "one for the future" signings Sarr and Udogie working out magnificently. I think it would be ridiculous to STOP working with Paratici tbh!!

Last week we had the negative fuckers on here trying to stir shit and recruit. We identified our transfer targets early and got them in, and at a time when choices are slim. As things understandably went quiet and they noticed a little frustration on the forum they came here to fan the flames. Those same losers will be quiet again tonight, waiting for another chance to sneak in.

its so transparent i‘m embarrassed for them. The thing is they think we’re stupid, like we can’t see the errors that have been made in the past. None of us feel things are perfect but we appreciate positive things when they come along.

I don't think this signing really changes the overall view of the window - it's been a good window, not spectacular. Strengthened our CB options with a promising youngster and loaned a player who is on paper a bit of a gamble but ticks the right boxes wrt suitabilityto the team. Around a 7/10

Good move if he gets some football. Must admit, I struggled to see what qualities he had above ordinary that made it worth bringing all the way from South America? But that said, I've only seen the tiny minutes he's had with us so far?
Got a lot of praise in South America for how good he was in the air but as you say not really seen enough of him to see how well that translates to a stronger league. Hopefully gets a plenty of opportunities there once he's back fit again.

Future looks genuinely great. Not all will come good, but the Spurs youngsters look actually incredible:

Porro (24) - Dragusin (21) - VDV (22) - Udogie (21)
Bergvall (18) - Sarr (21)
Kulusevski (23) - Devine (19) - Johnson (22)
Veliz (20)

Vuskovic (17)
Dorrington (18)
Phillips (19)
Skipp (23)
Donley (19)
Santiago (20)
Scarlett (19)
Soonsup-Bell (20)
Lanksheer

We have a project in place. Conte and Jose were appointed in order to please Kane to win a trophy. With the structure in place (and Levy out of football decisions) we can go places and don't need a win-now manager. Thank God Sonny is not as pushy as Kane when it comes to trophies (and I desperately want him to win a trophy with us).
I don't think he's out of football decisions and I think the blueprint can be ripped up if we aren't qualifying regularly for CL football.

Benrhama deal gone to tits despite already being photographed in the Lyon tracksuit.....

WH fucked up the paperwork. :king:

Got to love this window. Whether or not the signings all work out is yet to be seen but we have gone toe to toe with BM, MU & Barca…& the players have chosen Spurs.
That’s what I would call “mixing it with the big boys”.
Little point this evening in looking back over past years, or worrying whether the players will come good. They were highly enough regarded to get some of the biggest clubs sniffing.
There’s something happening in N17 that makes us a very attractive proposition for young lads seen as future elite.
And I’m not sure it’s the go karting track
:ange-hmm:

Veliz, Lankshear, Scarlett.

3 talented CF’s. You’d hope at least one of them becomes an elite striker in the next few years.
Parrot is supposed to be having a good loan too at the moment.

But at this point I have to say I’ve seen nothing from Scarlett that remotely makes him out to be a decent player.

Not seen enough of Veliz to get any sense of his ability but there’s something that I like about him, probably his passion for the game and team???

Lankshear; I’ve almost given up trying to predict weather academy lads will make it or not but in isolation just taking him in context as an academy player there appears to be none better. Quit like the fact that like Kane he started off at Woolwich.

I don't think this signing really changes the overall view of the window - it's been a good window, not spectacular. Strengthened our CB options with a promising youngster and loaned a player who is on paper a bit of a gamble but ticks the right boxes wrt suitabilityto the team. Around a 7/10

For a January window, especially one with very little movement overall in the market, we're better than 7/10 imo. A lot better. If this was August, it's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom