January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can't see this... Is the their league more competitive than the Dutch? Would only make sense going to another Prem club, which, if a loan is on the cards I wouldn't be against. When they say he rejected the loan move did he? It would have to be accepted by Spurs first then offered to the player. Are they just chancing their arm thinking he doesn't get game time and Spurs said "Piss off" which they've reported as him saying "no" like we're happy for him to go?

Personally like the bloke, looks to work hard and I think it's way too early to throw the towel in. If at this point next season we're still asking the same questions then fair enough.

If he goes we will still need someone who is decent and happy sitting on the bench waiting their turn. Is what it is, whilst Harry is fit he will play.

Just heard on Talksquawk that we've turned down £10 million for Ben Davies from Palace

Apparently we want £20 million but I'd rather keep him!

Full back used to be our weak point but now we have four of the best, any of which would walk into the Citeh team!

Just heard on Talksquawk that we've turned down £10 million for Ben Davies from Palace

Full back used to be our weak point but now we have four of the best, any of which would walk into the Citeh team!
Definitely take it in the summer and get in a more suitable back up for Rose personally.

Davies is quality, there's nobody you could buy for 10m that would do a better job as backup. The fact that he can fill in at CB if required is an added bonus.

I really like Davies but as a like for like replacement for Rose in the way we play, he's so different.

I think though if 3 at the back is our future, he'd be adequate back up considering he CAN play left back and left side of central defence.

£20,000,000 for a back up player is a damn lot of money to be fair. I know he's not in the level but we've been linked with Sessegnon from Fulham who's an attacking left back and we'd probably be able to get him for less than half.

<--- You rang?

giphy.gif

:dembelelol:

Confirmation of the nonsense in the Independent....

Pochettino rules out Vertonghen replacement

Tottenham chief Mauricio Pochettino says he is not going to sign a replacement for Jan Vertonghen, who could be sidelined for two months with ankle trouble. "We have plenty of players that can perform in his place and we are very happy with the squad and the players we have," the Argentine says.

Spurs have been linked with a move for Southampton's wantaway (sorry to use it again, but it's the most apt term) defender Jose Fonte, though former Saints boss Pochettino added: "It's impossible to stop the rumours."

I'm a fan of Ben Davies at Lb but not as a wing back to be totally honest. He doesn't have the pace to replace Rose for a sustained period. I do however think he will play really well as a Cb in a back 3.

I think of the two 'back-up' full-backs, Trippier is more suited to the Wing-back/attacking system, purely 'cos of the quality of his crossing... even though he (or anyone) is never gonna be as fast as Walker.

Davies is more of an orthodox '4-4-2' type of Full-back... but yes, the fact he can fill in on the left side of a 3 CBs system surely helps out during Jan's absence. ...plus, now he's added 'goals' to his game(!!!!) he can also double up as a false #9!!!

I think it's over for Janssen.

Don't see how he possibly fights for his place. He could outperform Kane in every way possible in training and he's never starting over him. Perhaps he'll get his chance against the mighty Gent and Wycombe.

Ya can't see us giving up on a 22yr old that we spent £17m on because he's struggled in a new country/league in his first 5 months. Short sighted much?

Back
Top Bottom