January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, really? From what I look at he sounds underrated. I don't watch the Bundesliga much, so I'll go with what you think. I like him because he's faster on the break, which is what we need, can adapt with both feet and has a good shot.

I thought he was good at holding up the ball, and acting on the break. I probably watch too many Youtube videos...
Imo we should try to land Volland before he will be out of our range. Firmino could help us too, but I don't know if we could bring him to whl.

Connor Wickham's contract is up at the end of this year. We could sign him in January for free. Id gladly take Wickham. We offload Ade + Soldado for the start of next season. Then we have Wickham/Kane/one or two new strikers dependig on the choice to keep or loan kane to a PL team.

Wickham, nah thanks.

We've got a decent prospect for the future already. We need the finished article, which is what we all thought we were getting with Soldado. Waiting for the inevitable person to pop up and say "that's not what I thought."

He's still our player, so I haven't given up the hope that Soldado will suddenly morph into the elite striker that we thought he was, but my hope is fast diminishing.

As for Ade, he just needs to feel as if he's got to fight for starting spot, again. The man is allergic to being the first-choice striker.

I think the challenge is that we DO have a very good youth squad with several guys who will be looking to break into the first team in the next 12-18 months, and we need to make sure that the first team has the right resources without blocking the opportunities for those developing players.

Spurs to challenge Woolwich for Croatia international playmaker
by Dan Kilpatrick - October 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Spurs are among the teams interested in Dinamo Zagreb youngster Marcelo Brozovic, according to the Star.

The 21-year-old made a decent cameo for Croatia against Brazil in this summer’s World Cup and his agent says he’ll hold talks in London with ‘several’ interested Premier League clubs next month. Ars*nal are one of them and the Star reckons Spurs and Liverpool are the others.

“Croatia plays USA in November in London and during our stay there we will hold meetings and negotiate with several English teams,” Brozovic’s agent Miroslav Bicanic told Goal.com.

“Yes, I can confirm Woolwich are one of them.”

I don’t know much about Brozovic but from what I’ve seen, he’s a no.10 with two great feet who likes to burst into the penalty box. Ars*nal already have a shedload of great players at attacking midfield, so they don’t seem a particularly attractive prospect for a young midfielder player like Brozovic.

Given Daniel Levy’s contacts at Dinamo (we signed Luka Modric from the Croatian club and held protracted negotiations with them about Alen Halilovic over the past two summers), you’d imagine the chairman is keeping an eye on up-and-coming talent like Brozovic, who seems like the kind of player who’d interest Mauricio Pochettino.

After letting go of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Lewis Holtby in the summer, Spurs could actually do with another no.10 to put some pressure on Christian Eriksen, because Paulinho definitely isn’t up to the job.

It’s only the Star but it’s not hard to imagine Brozovic is a contender.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2014/10/15/spurs-challenge-Woolwich-croatia-international-playmaker/?

Wickham, nah thanks.

We've got a decent prospect for the future already. We need the finished article, which is what we all thought we were getting with Soldado. Waiting for the inevitable person to pop up and say "that's not what I thought."

He's still our player, so I haven't given up the hope that Soldado will suddenly morph into the elite striker that we thought he was, but my hope is fast diminishing.

As for Ade, he just needs to feel as if he's got to fight for starting spot, again. The man is allergic to being the first-choice striker.
Honestly, I think he's just on the downward slope. Age catches up with everyone eventually, and I think that's happening to Ade.

If I were to make decisions about January based on the performances up to this point, I would be looking to off-load Paulinho, Ade, Lennon, Soldado and possibly Dembele.

That is sheer stupidity
I beg to differ. I think Ade's on the decline. I've said my piece on Soldado elsewhere, but if I had to make the call right now, then I'd set him free as he won't get the chance he deserves here. Paulinho just doesn't work for us, and Lennon doesn't produce enough to justify retaining. Dembele, I don't know. I think his tempo may not fit Pochettino's system.

Regardless, I think we may be more active than many expect, this winter.

I beg to differ. I think Ade's on the decline. I've said my piece on Soldado elsewhere, but if I had to make the call right now, then I'd set him free as he won't get the chance he deserves here. Paulinho just doesn't work for us, and Lennon doesn't produce enough to justify retaining. Dembele, I don't know. I think his tempo may not fit Pochettino's system.

Regardless, I think we may be more active than many expect, this winter.
Any one of those players I wouldn't be fussed with replacing individually, but five?

Sheer stupidity.

Our past dealings have proven once again that buying perceived quality is by no means a guarantee of success. Replace a couple that have spectacularly failed to deliver like Soldado and Paulinho and I think we would be well served, but to replace 5 players in another mass-turnover in our squad is just beyond stupidity at this juncture.

If we did get rid of Lennon I think Ceballos would replace him, Bacca & J-Rod to replace Ade & Soldado, just get shot of Paulinho and keep Dembele.

This is in reference to the poster above who said the 5 Spurs player's should be sold.

If we did get rid of Lennon I think Ceballos would replace him
I saw that he had a wonder goal or something like that, but I don't think he's ready.

A lot of people thought he looked good during preseason, but what I saw was him getting literally pushed off the ball time after time after time. Some decent movement and touches, but he was quite literally getting run over in midfield against MLS competition.

I beg to differ. I think Ade's on the decline. I've said my piece on Soldado elsewhere, but if I had to make the call right now, then I'd set him free as he won't get the chance he deserves here.
Buying strikers is always difficult, but finding new clubs for our current ones, at an acceptable price, could be even harder. It seems Lennon turned down a move in the summer, but him leaving and Jay Rodriguez coming in seems a possibility. I would think it's much easier to sell Lennon than Soldado, Ade or Paulinho.

If we did get rid of Lennon I think Ceballos would replace him, Bacca & J-Rod to replace Ade & Soldado, just get shot of Paulinho and keep Dembele.

This is in reference to the poster above who said the 5 Spurs player's should be sold.

Keep Lennon, Add Ceballos as well. Bring in J-Rod, shift out Soldado. Paulinho to go Dembele to stay.

Adey like for like sale if we can get someone class in. Otherwise not much point.

In Jan, sell Soldado and get J. Rod (or another decent ST).

In the Summer, sell Paulo, Naughton, Lennon, and Ade. And buy a ST (and maybe also a classy DLP).

Not sure we would need to get a winger (LW) anymore, given what we would already have and how Poch sets up. Plus, hopefully by then, Ceballos and Pritchard can make the step up.

Done.

Well, I must admit that I haven't followed Berahino much(in the previous seasons).

Dont worry no one has. No one had heard of him, considered him or given two fucks about him before he was linked either......bit like Schniederlin and Mussachio Fever.

Same people who thought Welbeck was too shit for us too jumping on the bandwagen, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom