January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you not consider him an upgrade on Ade?
Well, I must admit that I haven't followed Berahino much(in the previous seasons). Although so far in this season, he has definitely been better than Ade.
I guess he would be an upgrade on Ade, and I would like to see some more english players in the squad(especially if we're offloading Lennon/Townsend). What I'm thinking is if he's a "big enough" upgrade, if you can phrase it like that

Can't imagine Adebayor leaving, being named vice-captain and all

I thought his contract expires on June 2015? As for Soldado there few clubs from Spain and Italy that have already shown interest in him.

I'd say offload Soldado in January for £8-12M (that's realistic) and let Ade's contract run out.

I thought his contract expires on June 2015? As for Soldado there few clubs from Spain and Italy that have already shown interest in him.

I'd say offload Soldado in January for £8-12M (that's realistic) and let Ade's contract run out.
I could see us extending his contract, if he was willing to take a pay cut

I agree, he's not going. Poch obviously likes him. I don't want Berahino either. I don't think he's that great, especially for what its going to take to buy him.
I disagree, Berahino is at least as good as either Soldado or Adebayor, and happens to be the right age, at 21, to get better. Our two big-name strikers are both on the wrong end of the age curve, Berahino would be very much the opposite. He would also provide an excellent combination with Kane. Either as a lone striker providing a pacey option, or as a LW to rotate with Chadli.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'd like to see Berahino added to the squad
Fairly versatile in terms of deployment on the field - he fits our 'buying' profile rather well - young and with potential. Would probably be on relatively low wages compared to Ade for example who's probably one offer highest earners and would soon offer very little re-sale. Home grown too.

Fairly versatile in terms of deployment on the field - he fits our 'buying' profile rather well - young and with potential. Would probably be on relatively low wages compared to Ade for example who's probably one offer highest earners and would soon offer very little re-sale. Home grown too.
Exactly

I'd prefer Wickham over Berahino tbh.
Wickham has a higher workrate and can be played on the left wing aswell. Berahino might be slightly better in the box but I think that's not Pochs priority in that position (might be the reason why Bobby isn't playing).

But nevertheless I'd be happy with a Berahino transfer if the price isn't higher than 10m.

I'd prefer Wickham over Berahino tbh.
Wickham has a higher workrate and can be played on the left wing aswell. Berahino might be slightly better in the box but I think that's not Pochs priority in that position (might be the reason why Bobby isn't playing).

But nevertheless I'd be happy with a Berahino transfer if the price isn't higher than 10m.

Why not both?

Forwards of: Kane, Wickham, Berahino and chuck Huntelaar in there as well.

Doesn't look the most impressive but couldn't do much worse than what we have currently.

Adebayor is streets ahead of Berahino who is streets ahead of Wickham IMO. Kane, Berahino and Wickham is the strikeforce of a side who'll be playing in the Championship next season.

Doesn't look the most impressive but couldn't do much worse than what we have currently.
Normally I should just write everywhere that I predicted some months ago that Ade would get into his usual form fluctuation this season but honestly I don't think he plays as bad as everybody says. He works very hard and creates space and chances. Eriksens goal vs Soton e.g. was the result of a great run and a very good pass by Ade on Chadli. The only problem is that Ade isn't scoring that much but he plays many key passes and is important for the fluidity of our game.

Normally I should just write everywhere that I predicted some months ago that Ade would get into his usual form fluctuation this season but honestly I don't think he plays as bad as everybody says. He works very hard and creates space and chances. Eriksens goal vs Soton e.g. was the result of a great run and a very good pass by Ade on Chadli. The only problem is that Ade isn't scoring that much but he plays many key passes and is important for the fluidity of our game.

I don't think he is awful by any means. He is by far our best striker as he offers something when he is not scoring.

I would imagine Soldado will be the one to go (If any).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom