January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has already established himself as 1st choice striker of Spain NT ahead of Spanish version of Lord Fred (Costa). I'm afraid he's no longer within our range.
Not to mention that Valencia have no need to sell anymore now that they have a new, wealthy owner. If they keep this form up they'll make the champions league in and be able to keep all of their top players.

Not to mention that Valencia have no need to sell anymore now that they have a new, wealthy owner. If they keep this form up they'll make the champions league in and be able to keep all of their top players.
I thought the purchase of the club was delayed due to legal issues.

Forget the Valencia striker no reason to give him up.
Berahino another, sure great promise, hgp, young and quick. Would he come over atm, if i was wba, no way for a sale at jan if at risk of not staying up, they would lose more than gain from going down to championship.
As a strategy would hold Ade, Kane - loan Soldado to Italy, Germans for game time and goals.
We then need someone - go looking Broomfield not Baldini.

Normally I should just write everywhere that I predicted some months ago that Ade would get into his usual form fluctuation this season but honestly I don't think he plays as bad as everybody says. He works very hard and creates space and chances. Eriksens goal vs Soton e.g. was the result of a great run and a very good pass by Ade on Chadli. The only problem is that Ade isn't scoring that much but he plays many key passes and is important for the fluidity of our game.
Ade is obliged to work hard, the money that he is getting.

I seen fans say they wanted these strikers
Benteke: before our interest - 34 games 19 goals. After our interest 26 games 10 goals

Bony: before our interest - 34 games 16 goals. After our interest 7 games 1 goal

Lukaku: before our interest - 33 games 16 goals. After our interest 10 games 2 goals

Balotelli: before our interest - 41 games 18 goals. After our interest 8 games 1 goal

I just want to see what soldado would be like in front of 3 of Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen and Kane
He has already established himself as 1st choice striker of Spain NT ahead of Spanish version of Lord Fred (Costa). I'm afraid he's no longer within our range.

Last edited:
Why is Monchi a genius? Sorry I don't know much about the man what's so good about him if you don't mind me asking
Ofc not mate. He has done some brilliant work with the youth system, and has created one of the worlds best scouting networks.
On top of my head, I can sadly only think of 2 players who've come through their academy(Ramos and Dani Alves). My mate who's a Real Madrid fan and follows La Liga is always praising him.

(Did I say this already?)
I wish we had gotten Heung Min Son in 2013, he would have been better than Soldado I think. Also he's pretty young, two footed, and not a poacher

(Did I say this already?)
I wish we had gotten Heung Min Son in 2013, he would have been better than Soldado I think. Also he's pretty young, two footed, and not a poacher
He's more of an inside forward or second striker. If people have problems with Soldado leading the line then Son would have the same ones in not being able to hold up the ball.

Son is one of the most overrated players in the Bundesliga imo. He is fast and has a great shot, but that's it. He has never played well against the big opponents, because he has no chance against quality defenses.

I seen fans say they wanted these strikers
Benteke: before our interest - 34 games 19 goals. After our interest 26 games 10 goals

Bony: before our interest - 34 games 16 goals. After our interest 7 games 1 goal

Lukaku: before our interest - 33 games 16 goals. After our interest 10 games 2 goals

Balotelli: before our interest - 41 games 18 goals. After our interest 8 games 1 goal

I just want to see what soldado would be like in front of 3 of Lamela, Chadli, Eriksen and Kane

Going on that we need to declare our interest in Aguero, Dzeko, RVP, Costa, Welbeck etc.

Son is one of the most overrated players in the Bundesliga imo. He is fast and has a great shot, but that's it. He has never played well against the big opponents, because he has no chance against quality defenses.
Oh, really? From what I look at he sounds underrated. I don't watch the Bundesliga much, so I'll go with what you think. I like him because he's faster on the break, which is what we need, can adapt with both feet and has a good shot.
He's more of an inside forward or second striker. If people have problems with Soldado leading the line then Son would have the same ones in not being able to hold up the ball.
I thought he was good at holding up the ball, and acting on the break. I probably watch too many Youtube videos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom