January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck next season, if Van Persie gets injured I reckon we could well make a title charge this season. COYS

:avbdamn:

3ovjjp.jpg

Fuck yes, why the hell not.

Man Utd would be 11th if not for Robin the Rapist, if he breaks his trick ankle this weekend they are screwed.
Man City are a bag of maniacs waiting to implode in a dazling array of light, and personally I think they are ripe for said implosion.
Chelsea, well look at them, just look at them.

Ade scored a goal last week too. :adegrin:

Fuck yes, why the hell not.

Man Utd would be 11th if not for Robin the Rapist, if he breaks his trick ankle this weekend they are screwed.
Man City are a bag of maniacs waiting to implode in a dazling array of light, and personally I think they are ripe for said implosion.
Chelsea, well look at them, just look at them.

Ade scored a goal last week too. :adegrin:
They wouldn't be 11th though would they as they would have had a different striker on the pitch who could have put the same chances away? You're implying 3 top teams will fuck up massively in the 2nd half of the season and we'll have an amazing 2nd half. It's ridiculously unlikely

They wouldn't be 11th though would they as they would have had a different striker on the pitch who could have put the same chances away? You're implying 3 top teams will fuck up massively in the 2nd half of the season and we'll have an amazing 2nd half. It's ridiculously unlikely

I_Want_To_Believe_poster.jpg

If you've never had a dream, you've never had a dream come true. (yes, I watched soccer am this morning)

Thought i'd chip in on the Jozy talk.

I'm a NY Red Bulls season ticket holder and got to watch him break into the team (16/17) and get his feet wet. He's always been a big lad with good strength on the ball and a nose for goal. He very much appears to be a confidence player (runs hot/cold) and it always seemed like that confidence was heavily influenced by the manager. He seemed to shrink away if he didn't appear to have the support of the coaching staff heavily poured on him.

That being said, i do love the kid and wish him the best. He has all the tools to become a highly competent striker for both club and country, but i don't think he has grown past his 'need to be loved/supported'. While i think he could get to the caliber of a Spurs player, i don't think he'd get there if he came to Spurs (hopefully that makes sense). I'd completely support him and cheer him on, but i think he needs a run of games and unwavering support, which you won't be guaranteed at a big Premiership club like Spurs (would probably work at a mid-to-lower table club).

On a side note, i had the opportunity to hang out with him at an end of season party before he was sold the next summer to Spain. We chilled for a while and he was a really well spoken and thoughtful young man. Seemed to care a lot about the game, the history, the club and the challenge that lied ahead of him in his pursuit to be a top player. I'll always pull for the guy.

I'm a NY Red Bulls season ticket holder and got to watch him break into the team (16/17) and get his feet wet. He's always been a big lad with good strength on the ball and a nose for goal. He very much appears to be a confidence player (runs hot/cold) and it always seemed like that confidence was heavily influenced by the manager. He seemed to shrink away if he didn't appear to have the support of the coaching staff heavily poured on him.

That being said, i do love the kid and wish him the best. He has all the tools to become a highly competent striker for both club and country, but i don't think he has grown past his 'need to be loved/supported'. While i think he could get to the caliber of a Spurs player, i don't think he'd get there if he came to Spurs (hopefully that makes sense). I'd completely support him and cheer him on, but i think he needs a run of games and unwavering support, which you won't be guaranteed at a big Premiership club like Spurs (would probably work at a mid-to-lower table club).

On a side note, i had the opportunity to hang out with him at an end of season party before he was sold the next summer to Spain. We chilled for a while and he was a really well spoken and thoughtful young man. Seemed to care a lot about the game, the history, the club and the challenge that lied ahead of him in his pursuit to be a top player. I'll always pull for the guy.
Yeah basically 100% what he said.

:harrylick:

ooooooohhhohoooohhooooooohhoooooohhhhhhhhh, we got the best midfield in the world! Lewis Holtby, Moussa dembele, Raniere Sandroooooooooooooohhhhhhohhohhhhhhhhoohooohhhhh! We got the best midfield in the world!

Jozy is killing it right now, but needs to prove the same in this league.....send Jozy to Fulham, steal him at 28. :dempsey2:

I had a dream we got Damaio after a proper coventry thrashing....it was beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom