January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

American here, so no anti-US bias: Altidore is really not the level of striker we should be looking at, probably should be signing for Sunderland or thereabouts.

Anyway, if we taking a punt on Dutch league strikers, I'm a lot more intrigued by Wilfried Bony.

Yes Wilfred Bony, I was waiting for a guy to come down stairs, flicked on the TV, straight to Sky Sports, Eridissvegswfaf (I can't fucking spell it), Vietesse vs someone and there was this guy called Bony, whilst waiting for 15-20 mins he scored a hatrick including a bicycle kick, the guy is quality

I have been following this website for some time now and have only made a few posts (I am American and love Dempsey and Altidore - although I agree Jozy isn't quite good enough) but I just want to say I love transfer windows and the shitty ITKs and all. You all are great!

And let's either get Damiao now or forget about him!

jj and neil eatson hinting that tomorrow might be ade's last game and that damiao might be coming
It seems like Ade is going to AFCON after all (he was supposed to have a meeting with Togolese president yesterday).
And also there were rumors that we were offering him around.

+

Juventus are shopping in England for a centre-forward signing.
Turin sources say Juve are prepared to splash out for a new striker - if the price is right.
Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor and Liverpool's Andy Carroll, currently on-loan at West Ham United, are both under consideration.

I have been following this website for some time now and have only made a few posts (I am American and love Dempsey and Altidore - although I agree Jozy isn't quite good enough) but I just want to say I love transfer windows and the shitty ITKs and all. You all are great!

Ah, the transfer window thread....living proof that inside every burly man is a gossipy woman yearning to breathe free. :sandro:

Oh and welcome.

AND, my two cents before I go to get my nails done. Jozy is a tough call. I have a feeling at some point in the next 2 years he is going to hit his prime. Whoever has him at that point will be lucky. AZ's training staff and coaching have clearly helped him achieve his next level. The guy is strong and beefy and can muscle. He is also prone to fits of whiney-piney. If we got him on the cheap it would be a good back up option, but otherswise I'd prefer we were going for proven gold.

I wouldn't be too sad if Ade is gone ...

He's a great lad and footballer and did super last season but somehow is doing very average this season ... maybe second season syndrome, injuries, or just not enough play time ... who knows?

One thing I do know is that I wont be upset with him gone ... with Holtby in, we don't need a striker doing the linking up job ... but know we need an actual striker.

Damiao or even Negredo > Ade ... :adeohshit:

I don't think it's second season syndrome or anything like that, and I've fully been a supporter of Ade based on what he's done for us in the past, and the role that he's played for us, but it has become apparent to me from his most recent appearances that I simply haven't noticed the work rate that was apparent from him in the past.

Even during his out-of-form spells last season, it was apparent that he was still working his ass off, but I simply haven't seen that level of production from him this term, so my interest in his staying here is rapidly waning. The fundamentals of his game remain. He moves into channels and holds up play, and drops back to reinforce possession, but his desire seems lacking, and his reluctance to drive forward seems disturbing at this point. It all just seems half-hearted. "Going through the motions." "Doing just enough to satisfy," etc. I'm beginning to believe the reports that he doesn't get along with AVB. Exactly why is beyond me, because he seems to be the type of player that would thrive under AVB's system, but perhaps he felt irreparably wounded by AVB's delay in re-integrating him back into the squad after his return and signing.

Personally, I feel that at this juncture AVB has done more than necessary to justify his tenure with Spurs, that he offers a bold and compelling vision for the future, and that I am willing to commit to the consequences of that. At this point, if Ade is a hindrance to that, I am willing to accept him as a casualty of transition.

How's that possible?

... because Holtby's agent said that a deal for a January move has not been discussed. They only discussed and agreed for a summer move. So the agent basically said that Holtby can come in January to us, if both parties talk about it and agree.

IMO, the only way this would happen, would be if we fail to get some target for this window that we need ... like a playmaker such as Wes or Mouts ..... or if some injury in our squad comes that we really need Holtby.

Also, this may result in Levy paying some fee rather than getting him for free.

Ah, the transfer window thread....living proof that inside every burly man is a gossipy woman yearning to breathe free. :sandro:

Oh and welcome.

AND, my two cents before I go to get my nails done. Jozy is a tough call. I have a feeling at some point in the next 2 years he is going to hit his prime. Whoever has him at that point will be lucky. AZ's training staff and coaching have clearly helped him achieve his next level. The guy is strong and beefy and can muscle. He is also prone to fits of whiney-piney. If we got him on the cheap it would be a good back up option, but otherswise I'd prefer we were going for proven gold.

I will cut a bitch.

Lol! There HAVE been other broads on this forum, you know.
... Impossible. It's just a bunch of dudes living in their parent's basement, spending their lives on internet forums.

Don't you know how the internet works?

ZAosK.jpg

... Impossible. It's just a bunch of dudes living in their parent's basement, spending their lives on internet forums.

Don't you know how the internet works?

ZAosK.jpg

I live in my parents' basement and spend my life on forums. And doing IT stuff. Remotely, obviously, you don't HAVE to go on site to turn it off and on again.

Back
Top Bottom