January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

... must say, I thought that most of you would be asleep at this hour. I certainly wasn't expecting +10 rep within the hour.

edit: also, I'm pretty trashed at the moment.

I agree, but I still (want to) believe that if we finish top 4, and strengthen the squad (ie. add players like Holtby and Damiao :avbpray:) he will stay and play out his contract...or go in January if we get knocked out at group stage.

EDIT: and besides...La Liga is not a good league, especially if you take out its two horses. :baletroll:
Please dont start with this La Liga is crap again. La Liga is a solid league that has the two best teams in the world with solid teams behind them. Atletico Madrid is amazing, we saw that with their 4-0 win over chelski in their match before the season. Malaga has been lighting up the champions league after losing their best player in Carzola, Valencia has had a rough domestic campaign but almost beat Bayern with 10 men, Levante has progressed to the next round in the Europa league, Betis is a solid up and coming team along Betis and Sociedad, and two of the historically great teams in Atheltic club and Sevilla have great players and are struggling.

Please dont start with this La Liga is crap again. La Liga is a solid league that has the two best teams in the world with solid teams behind them. Atletico Madrid is amazing, we saw that with their 4-0 win over chelski in their match before the season. Malaga has been lighting up the champions league after losing their best player in Carzola, Valencia has had a rough domestic campaign but almost beat Bayern with 10 men, Levante has progressed to the next round in the Europa league, Betis is a solid up and coming team along Betis and Sociedad, and two of the historically great teams in Atheltic club and Sevilla have great players and are struggling.

Hmm...
But its still shit though :ade:

Redknapp is also known to act as a semi scout/agent for other clubs - he used to perform a similar role for us whilst he was west ham manager.

All above board, I'm sure...

I watched that unfold yesterday. They just asked their followers for a transfer rumour, settled on that, then started pushing it. Got #SneijdertoQPR trending in the UK. Now it's in the Sun and Sky Sports.

So Redknapp is saying this morning that WS was offered to QPR yesterday!

WTF??

As far as I know this was a rumour started yesterday by @BBCsporf a spoof twitter account that has over 27k followers. Betting odds went down and Channel 4 reported it.

This morning The Sun are reporting it and claim to have a quote from Redknapp but as usual they could be making it up on the back of the twitter hype.

VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur , that was superb mate.

Woke up in the middle of the night after having a dream where Bale was standing next to JM donning his Real shirt , this better not be true. Even though he can annoy the hell out of me (selfish player) , he truly is a phenomenom.

That Fryers deal btw , Levy took the right club to have this kind of deal with. Standard Liege is one of those clubs where anything can happen as long as it is dodgy.

I watched that unfold yesterday. They just asked their followers for a transfer rumour, settled on that, then started pushing it. Got #SneijdertoQPR trending in the UK. Now it's in the Sun and Sky Sports.

Was pretty funny, and just goes to show that Journalists think the public are fuckwits.

Back
Top Bottom