Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wimmer doesn't deserve to be dropped. Like everyone in this squad, Jan will have to work his way into the team.
This is exactly Poch's philosophy. If Big Kev keeps performing to a high standard then Jan is going to have to catch the managers eye in training to retake the second CB spot.

And quite right too.

This is exactly Poch's philosophy. If Big Kev keeps performing to a high standard then Jan is going to have to catch the managers eye in training to retake the second CB spot.

And quite right too.
No no no, Vertonghen has been one of the best centre halves in the galaxy this season so should start as soon as he can play football again. Fuck Wimmer and how good he has been.

giphy.gif

There's a difference between saying he'll have to work to get back into the team, and saying he won't get a look-in for the rest of the season
I said he shouldn't be guaranteed a start when he's back and that he'd find it hard to get back in because of how good Wimmer has been. I'm not particularly fussed if he is back in the team or not, we're more than capable defensively without him. Having him back and fit though is great for the depth of the squad.

I said he shouldn't be guaranteed a start when he's back and that he'd find it hard to get back in because of how good Wimmer has been. I'm not particularly fussed if he is back in the team or not, we're more than capable defensively without him. Having him back and fit though is great for the depth of the squad.
Jan is still well ahead of Wimmer for me

As the biggest Kevin Wimmer fan on the planet, there is no way he will start over Verts if he is recovered from his injury.

Even if this sounds a bit weird, but Jan got injured 'just in the right moment'. He will definitely be fit for the EC and maybe even get back for the last couple of games in this season. As for Wimmer, he finally is playing and there is a good chance that if he continues to play in this form, he might start for Austria in the EC with Dragovic as the CB duo. The usual starters Hinteregger/Prödl failed to impress lately.

Heard the remake was shit, but I'm sure Spike Lee was pissed he wasn't given an Oscar.

The original was great. That side-scrolling action sequence!
Best part is the octopus scene.

Fun movie fact, the main character is a strict vegetarian in real life but was devoted to the filming and decided to eat the real thing. True method acting that.

Wimmer has been very good, but Jan is still the better player. When he returns he should be given a slow return to the team, as per Poch-classic!

Back
Top Bottom