Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not seen it but De Bruyne's injury last night potentially worse than Super Jan and City expect him to play again this season. Vertonghen was wandering Barcelona and turning up at the training, can't be as bad as we all fear.

I've not seen it but De Bruyne's injury last night potentially worse than Super Jan and City expect him to play again this season. Vertonghen was wandering Barcelona and turning up at the training, can't be as bad as we all fear.

Just keep Jan away from any Kryptonite, and he'll be good to go in a fortnight!

Last edited:
Crutches are compulsory. That's no indicator of it's seriousness. You have to keep it elevated as much as possible and not put any pressure on it. Take it from me. If this was a tear he wouldn't be in Barcelona he'd be ordered to to keep it elevated and rest before an op.
It looked like an impact to me at first, but looking at it again it looked like a slight twist. It's definitely a 1st degree. I would put money on it.
They are all different. He will be having hydrotherapy, ibuprofen and a lot of time with his leg up. I would say it's not as severe as Mason's. He was out for 6 weeks.
It all depends on how the swelling goes down and how fast it heals. Like an ankle sprain you may be up and running about in a week, or you may not.
The best news is that he doesn't need an op, otherwise it would be months.
If I was to bet I'd say he'll be in the squad for Woolwich. However, he could be up and about training in 2 weeks. There is no set time limit. However, I will go to the bookies and see if they have any odds for under 2 months. No way will he be out for 2 months minimum.
Vardy did his groin in and had an operation, how long was he out.
Yet others are out for months with groin injuries that need ops.
Looked to me like the ligament was stretched a long way out of position, not something a bath and 2 Anadin Extra is going to fix I'm afraid.

Looked to me like the ligament was stretched a long way out of position, not something a bath and 2 Anadin Extra is going to fix I'm afraid.
It wasn't that bad. I have looked at it time and time again. His left leg sort of got caught when Wickham done him.
I believe you are being sarcastic about the bath and anadin.
Like I said, it's no way as bad as Mason's 1st degree and Mason was out 6 weeks.
Vertonghen is quite good at recovering from injury. He was out for 41 days with a far worse injury to his ankle.
I'll bet you £20 that he isn't out for 2 months, that's 56 calendar days.
Poch doesn't like to rush people back but I guarantee worse ways he's in the squad for Villa and that will be 49 calendar days.
I could be wrong, and you'll be £20 richer.

I'd rather not profit from one of our players being injured, I was being horrendously sarcastic, because you suggested Hydrotherapy and Ibuprofen would be the treatment.
The reality is no-one knows how long he is going to be out, the fact Mason was out for 6 weeks is kind of irrelevant.

Come on old boy i havn,t got any knees !!!!!!!!!
C_67_article_2131287_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

Two months just to get over the injury. Then theres match fitness etc etc. He is done for the season. Some of the comments on here..."2 weeks" ???? Lmao..wish that was true.

Such a shame, it really is. A brilliant centre back pairing. We will just have to see how the wimmer man gets on. Kevin Kunting Wimmer !!! A bastard of a man apparently. Ruthless to the core

We can all only guess. Normal practice for Poch and THFC is to avoide any information on injured players. My guess, if Poch is suggesting maybe 2 months, then its possibly sooner but then Im only guessing?????.

Have all the members of the Belgian quartet been fit at the same time for longer than a few weeks this entire season?

No. It's a curse, you can never have 4 Belgians in a team, unless they win a world cup first.

Ironically, the more belgians that have joined us the better Dembele's injury record has got. Sign a 5th and he'll never get injured again. He's leaching their Belgian life force...

Last edited:
We need him back as soon as possible, even with Wimmer playing ever so well. We have a potential 26 games remaining if we go all the way.

Get well soon, Jan!

Back
Top Bottom