Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Fazio see some Europa/Cup action now? I don't even remember when he was last listed on the team for a game
Fazio...

Faz... io...?

JuwKW.gif

2 months is the max

The chelsea keeper had the same injury this year. He was out for 3 months.

I'd say 2-3 months, and then you may not want to risk breaking up the Wimmer partnership at the end of the season for an unfit CB. Tough choice; could very well be the end of Jan's season.

Don't feel that worried. Wimmer is great.

I'd say 2-3 months, and then you may not want to risk breaking up the Wimmer partnership at the end of the season for an unfit CB. Tough choice; could very well be the end of Jan's season.

But that's to ignore what everyone has been trying to say. You're ignoring the fact that there are varying degrees of severity for the same injury. Still you're true to form in predicting the worst. :eriksenlol:

Any advances on 3 months.

He will play agin this season? Hopefully sooner rather than later. My feelings (reading all sorts) he coul be back sooner?

But that's to ignore what everyone has been trying to say. You're ignoring the fact that there are varying degrees of severity for the same injury. Still you're true to form in predicting the worst. :eriksenlol:

It's a pretty long term injury in general, though. He could barely walk off the pitch and couldn't even run.

Here's a quote from a physiotherapy website:

"In the case of a first degree sprain, sporting activities should not be undertaken for about 3 weeks.

For second degree sprains, the rehabilitation period will be between 6 and 8 weeks. Rehabilitation under the supervision of a chartered physiotherapist is desirable to prevent a recurrence of the injury, which can be common if a return to sport is attempted too early.

In the case of a third degree sprain, where the ligament is completely ruptured, the treatment of choice is surgery to repair the structure."

3 weeks until he can train, 2 weeks getting back to fitness and that's best case scenario. We'll see, hopefully it isn't bad, but there doesn't tend to be a "Not very bad MCL injury". Not starting a shit storm, just giving an opinion and providing a quote.

It's a pretty long term injury in general, though. He could barely walk off the pitch and couldn't even run.

Here's a quote from a physiotherapy website:

"In the case of a first degree sprain, sporting activities should not be undertaken for about 3 weeks.

For second degree sprains, the rehabilitation period will be between 6 and 8 weeks. Rehabilitation under the supervision of a chartered physiotherapist is desirable to prevent a recurrence of the injury, which can be common if a return to sport is attempted too early.

In the case of a third degree sprain, where the ligament is completely ruptured, the treatment of choice is surgery to repair the structure."

3 weeks until he can train, 2 weeks getting back to fitness and that's best case scenario. We'll see, hopefully it isn't bad, but there doesn't tend to be a "Not very bad MCL injury". Not starting a shit storm, just giving an opinion and providing a quote.

There are other quotes if you read back over the thread. No one knows until the extent of the injury is known. Judging by him wandering around with his teammates, it would appear to be a minor injury of the type. 10 days to two weeks.

There are other quotes if you read back over the thread. No one knows until the extent of the injury is known. Judging by him wandering around with his teammates, it would appear to be a minor injury of the type. 10 days to two weeks.

Just seen pictures of him walking around on crutches. That doesn't sound like a 10 day thing to do, to be honest.

Newspapers are reporting 2 months, minimum. Doesn't look good.

Just seen pictures of him walkround on crutches. That doesn't sound like a 10 day thing .

be honest.

No one knows for sure the extentt of the damage. Spurs will know exactly whats happened and how long it will take to recover. they will know if the damage is a stretch , partial or complete tear. My guess the ligerment has been stretched. Otherwise they would have told us if he was out for the season. Being on crutches keeps him mobile. What he mustnt do is play before its 100 % fixed.

Last edited:
We will probably see him back at the end of April and the start of May. Wimmer will hopefully be impressing so much that Vertonghen has to work even harder to get back in.

We defend so well tactically as a unit that I wouldn't even be worried if anyone had to step foot at centre half.

Don't be surprised to see him back in 3/4 weeks. I can only guess, as we all are, that its not that bad. He doesn't need an op, so its not torn in any way. it can only have been stretched so causes tissue damage around the area. which is a short term injury.

We will probably see him back at the end of April and the start of May. Wimmer will hopefully be impressing so much that Vertonghen has to work even harder to get back in.

We defend so well tactically as a unit that I wouldn't even be worried if anyone had to step foot at centre half.
In the picture he has his full weight on his legs which shows its not that serious.

Either way the fact is he is with the squad in Barcelona and wandering about. If it is/was as serious as the doom mongers are saying he should be getting ready to have an op. Not be wandering around on crutches posing for pictures.

I'm confident that Wimmer will be just fine, as others have said, we defend as a unit and aren't overly reliant on Super Jan bailing us out. I'd be more concerned if it was Toby that was fooked.

Just seen pictures of him walking around on crutches. That doesn't sound like a 10 day thing to do, to be honest.

Crutches are compulsory. That's no indicator of it's seriousness. You have to keep it elevated as much as possible and not put any pressure on it. Take it from me. If this was a tear he wouldn't be in Barcelona he'd be ordered to to keep it elevated and rest before an op.
It looked like an impact to me at first, but looking at it again it looked like a slight twist. It's definitely a 1st degree. I would put money on it.
They are all different. He will be having hydrotherapy, ibuprofen and a lot of time with his leg up. I would say it's not as severe as Mason's. He was out for 6 weeks.
It all depends on how the swelling goes down and how fast it heals. Like an ankle sprain you may be up and running about in a week, or you may not.
The best news is that he doesn't need an op, otherwise it would be months.
If I was to bet I'd say he'll be in the squad for Woolwich. However, he could be up and about training in 2 weeks. There is no set time limit. However, I will go to the bookies and see if they have any odds for under 2 months. No way will he be out for 2 months minimum.
Vardy did his groin in and had an operation, how long was he out.
Yet others are out for months with groin injuries that need ops.

Back
Top Bottom