In context of the season would you prefer to....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to qualify for the Ropey

• Total voters
I don't wanna sound like a petulant kid, but seriously what's the point of playing football if you don't want to be in certain competitions... WHO ARE WE to decide what we want to compete in, and what ones we don't?

Surely we should want to be in every competition we enter for, and have a go at them all... whether we win them or not is another matter.
But I know one thing, you definitely can't win a competition you aren't even in!

Having not won a Trophy of any kind for 8 years, and (if the 'Tin Pot Cup' brigade are to be believed) we haven't won anything of note since 1991, I'd say on that record alone, beggars can't be fucking choosers!

We're certainly not winning the CL any time soon... we'll have a good go at the PL i'm sure... but so will every other club who will want to make damn sure last season is never repeated (and because of that, last season was most definitely an opportunity missed for us) ...so that leaves the FA Cup or Europa League should we be arsed enough to qualify for it!)

I'd take either of those right now ta!
I agree. Some of my most memorable times supporting the club are winning cup finals. We need to win, win, win. Our biggest weakness at present is not having enough players that score goals.

If United does not finish top 4 and ends up winning the EL, there will be 5 English teams in next season's CL, am I right?
Yep, that's right. The same goes if us or Southampton won it and didn't finish in the top four.

Personally, I'd love to see us go all out to win a cup - the FA or the Europa (if we qualify). I've only ever seen us win a couple of league cups, and one of those I barely remember!

Back
Top Bottom