In context of the season would you prefer to....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to qualify for the Ropey

• Total voters

Yossarian

Formerly WALOB
Qualify for the Ropey
Fail to Qualify

Given that Chavs and Dippers are setting the PL pace with no European distraction, would you prefer to focus on the League or enjoy a continuing though anticlimactic European campaign ?

Please show your workings.

If we're going to take Europa League seriously with the reward of Champions League football at the end, then yes I would love for us to have a long cup run and a trophy at the end.

If not and we're just going to waste our time, throw games like Pochettino did last season, then no. What's the point?

I wanna know when we became bigger than some Trophies?

Obviously the 'tin-pot' League Cup, and 'Mickey Mouse' Europa League are apparently beneath us...

...yet the Champions League (and I suspect the Premier League) are beyond us...

So that just leaves the F.A Cup does it?

I won't hold my fucking breath!

Would be Spursy to qualify for the Champions League, only to be knocked out in second easiest group possible but go on to win the Europa League.

But I'd take it.

In a way, we've done it the ideal way.

Get into the champions league, enjoy the prestige and money that brings. Then drop into the Europa and have a crack at a competition we actually have a chance at.

Would normally say yes, but things are not right at the moment and i think it would be easier for Poch to sort things out, get the injured players back in and concentrate on the league. Also if i'm honest i don't believe we're good enough at this moment to win that competition. Sadly i think it could do more harm than good.

It's a quandary for me. Based on our outstanding defence I believe we have a genuine shot at the PL this season, provided we can play our strongest 9/10/11 in each of the remaining 26 matches.
Our defensive prowess is not a new thing; I believe our opponents' hearts sink when they see our first choice back 4 starting against them. You cannot beat a team that doesn't concede.
The CL campaign has exposed our lack of depth and no mistake.

I'd like Spurs to qualify for the EL and then unleash the youth on it. We won't win it but we would blood some youngsters and maximise our prospects of winning the League.

It's a quandary for me. Based on our outstanding defence I believe we have a genuine shot at the PL this season, provided we can play our strongest 9/10/11 in each of the remaining 26 matches.
Our defensive prowess is not a new thing; I believe our opponents' hearts sink when they see our first choice back 4 starting against them. You cannot beat a team that doesn't concede.
The CL campaign has exposed our lack of depth and no mistake.

I'd like Spurs to qualify for the EL and then unleash the youth on it. We won't win it but we would blood some youngsters and maximise our prospects of winning the League.
Thats a good point, but if he did that and they suffer, he will be crucified for not taking the comp seriously, it's a bit of a no win situation.

Throwing games like Dortmund last season forfeit an opportunity to gain experience and a winning mentality in Europe. It's a direct correlation between that disgusting attitude and the performances this season in the Champions League for me.

We'll probably do our level best to throw CSKA and I predict fail, with a draw. Enter an awkward game or two in the Europa League, then exit (we need to rest players X Y Z because we've got a MASSIVE game against Northern Shit on Sunday...)

We all know the drill, it's been going on for years now, ever since Redknapp sent the third team out to the Ukraine in the later stages of the Europa.

You can't laugh out loud out loud out loud at Wenger for saying that finishing 4th is like winning a trophy and then say you prioritise us doing exactly that, presumably to ensure we could embarass ourselves like we did this year, ahead of lifting the UEFA Cup for the 3rd time in our history.

The game, after all, is still about glory, didn't we agree? Not finishing 4th on goal difference so our new potential fan base in China can keep us on their radar

Back
Top Bottom