In context of the season would you prefer to....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to qualify for the Ropey

• Total voters
ZpAc4rW.jpg

League is first priority but there's no reason Europa league can't offer valuable game time for our very large and generally talented squad.

Earlier this morning I was no to EL as I don't think Poch takes cups seriously. That said looking at the CL 3rd teams we could be seeded with a win v Moscow.

Now, the EL teams don't look daunting given Dortmund and Sevilla aren't in it.

A: Fenerbahce, Feyenoord, Man Utd.
B: APOEL, Olympiakos, BSC Young Boys
C: Anderlecht, St Etienne, Mainz
D: Zenit, Dundalk, Maccabi Tel Aviv
E: Roma, Vienna, FK Astra [lol spam]
F: Genk, Bilbao, Rapid Vienna, Sassuolo
G: Ajax, Celta Vigo, St Liege
H: Shakhtar, Braga, KAA Gent
I: Schalke, Krasnodar
J: Fiorentina, Qarabag
K: Sparta, Soton, Hapoel
L: Osmanlispor, Villarreal, Zurich

Clubs unlikely to qualify aren't listed. Not much to be frightened of there. So if Poch has stated he'd take it seriously then based on that list why not?

Our biggest threat would be CL dropouts of which none look out of our reach either.

No no no. Fuck that shit, our squad is just barely strong enough to keep us from falling apart completely when we have a couple of injuries. We should focus all our energy towards finishing in the CL again and use the money to improve our squad, instead of some vague romantic idea of a ''good cup run'' that's never going to actually happen, especially in a shitty competition that our players never look up for. Poch himself says that we are lacking the quality to compete in the CL, and the way to fix that is picking up that uefa money every season.
Mauricio Pochettino says changes needed after Spurs flop in Monaco

I want to see us qualify and make a massive effort to try and win the thing by fielding our strongest team. But it won't happen.

Yes - it's European football.
I can't be arsed with the constant Sunday matches but we did alright with it last season. I don't blame the europa for our failure to win the league.

The Ropey league will strangle us as it does a every year . The board don't give a toss
about it as it pays nothing and winning it is virtually zero .
Top 4 overrides everything . I agree our squad is threadbare of quality and creativity . Our
best 11 should be played with changes made for the odd injuries etc . Old school but Leciester
won the Premier doing this . We are a gigantic club in a faded historical sense ,support but
have been starved of real investment , wage structure for a generation hence never winning anything . Maybe this will change but don't count your chickens .

Why have we got little chance of winning it? We would be one of the champ league teams falling into the 'lesser' competition at the knockout stage. We wouldn't have been through the boring and gruelling group matches.

No rather got for the league and FA cup personally. Our squad ain't strong enough for all of them. You only have to look at Leicester's title, Liverpool's close second under Rogers, what Chelsea and Liverpool are doing this season to see how no European football gives them such an advantage.

I love the CL but now we are in the EL which is shit and made shit by UEFA and how it's run I rather not quite frankly.

First time I have ever said this but for THIS year we have to bin it. Why? We are not playing well, we have injuries and those who excelled last year are way off form. We simply can't cope with rotation, something we did well last year (especially our fullbacks). Nothing I have seen this year has convinced me that we will cope playing in the EL.

We are a tuff side to play against, our position in the league is testament to this. But part of being a Spurs fan is to also watch attractive football and the only way I can see this returning to our game is if we focus on the League, have a week to prepare the team on shape/formations. Basically I'd rather watch us play well in the league than play shite in EL, then draw another 10 games in PL.

I always say that I want us to go out and try and win the EL, but every single time it seems to take it's toll on our season and our league form suffers - then we ultimately fall short. With that in mind, fuck the EL this season.

Back
Top Bottom