If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well they're not statues... it's a very free flowing attack. But the Wingers are in charge of keeping the width.

Son is better when he comes in off the wing anyways.

I understand that, but still; 2 x trad wingers and 2 x stay-at-home FBs + 2 x #8s posing as FWDs.

Perhaps I"ll be more sold if I see it in action....... My biggest concern is that it translates to a scenario where you don't have the best squad in your league (unlike Celtic).

Say Kane is quite keen to leave, and real give us the £100M we want. Who should we go for?

Some names -

Victor Osimhen - very pricey. Prob out of our league?

Kolo Muani - young, hard to know how good he’ll be.

Rasmus Hojlund- young danish striker at Atalanta - highly rated - linked with united.

Gonçalo Ramos - Benfica striker - they’d want the 100 we got for Kane. Highly rated again, untested.

Evan Ferguson - young, signed a new deal at Brighton not sure how good he’ll be

Neymar- 🤷

Stick with Richy and Sonny and buy quality creativity around them like Maddison etc

Any other options?
You’re over thinking this … we’ve got a system and why you’d consider deviating from it is anyone’s guess

You think suggesting utilising the money to target a top quality replacement is the way to go?

Well what’s wrong with identifying 3 cheaper options of a more generalised average quality … offering them a contract with wages they’ll never be offered again in their entire careers and then watch them phone it in as the penny drops that they’re not quite good enough … but we’ll keep it cordial because 5 years is a long time to sit on this contract and upset everyone

I could be persuaded the benefits of selling Harry Kane but not with this board making it a process of packing out the squad with mediocrity reoccurring

Unless we can get him to sign a contract, we should sell him to RM if he's receptive to the idea. We get much needed funds for a rebuild, he's not smashing in goals against us in the PL but he gets to go and bag some trophies.

If we let him wind his current contract down, he could be receptive to the highest wage offered and that could come from Chelsea. And that would be the absolute pits.
I'd rather get rid of ENIC and Levy than follow your blueprint.

THFC need owners who will keep Spurs best players and bring in more 'win now' players like them.

Selling Kane, so Spurs get some money, to add to Levy's limited budget, to buy more dross, is a terrible idea.

I'd rather get rid of ENIC and Levy than follow your blueprint.

THFC need owners who will keep Spurs best players and bring in more 'win now' players like them.

Selling Kane, so Spurs get some money, to add to Levy's limited budget, to buy more dross, is a terrible idea.
I completely agree but that's not realistic. We're saddled with them.

We are fucked either way on this. Sell him lose our best player, don’t sell him see him leave to United or god forbid Chelsea next season.

At the point club has to back itself. If Kane wants out and we get £100m then we can’t do much else. We’d better have a plan to spend it wise across the team and above all this time it has to be supporting the manager with players that fit that manager.

We have a ‘’progressive’’ manager whether he does well or gets sacked we can’t abandon the style. Next manager must be of similar mould even if that means going back for Arnie Slot.

It’s time for the club to pick a philosophy. That is more important than Kane, Ange and recruit long term. No more short term bullshit.
The oly way we won't get fucked is if we recruit a young really good player and he has a great season.

Another one that was celebrated by our supportive fanbase.
The Davinson Sánchez of his day.
In the context of my post;

Chris Armstrong was a decent player but he wasn't Klinsmann, who chose to leave, and he wasn't Bergkamp or Zola, who Spurs could have had as a replacement but chose to let them go elsewhere.

This was Sugar's 'Carlos Kickaball' phase of lowering the wage bill and supporter expectation.

Sugar was more vocal than Levy, regarding his methods, but the sentiment was the same.

Armstrong got dogs abuse from a few because he was not the player the supporter consensus expected or wanted.

He was a 'prudent' purchase for a 'project' that failed.

I completely agree but that's not realistic. We're saddled with them.
Spurs must never sell their best contracted players and the supporters should demand that any owner respects this.

The player signed the contract.

I care not one bit if Levy gets any money for Harry Kane.

Back
Top Bottom