If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to build a team and not rely on Harry Kane.
We need goal contributions from everyone not just Harry Kane.
Selling him now ( abroad hopefully) is probably the best thing for us to do as a team during this period.
Onwards and Upwards.

Nah, the best thing to do in the first phase of this rebuild is definitely not to sell Kane and put astronomical, insane pressure on the poor bastard that is signed to replace him. If the new Kane flops we are totally fucked. We need Kane’s goals to carry us through the first year of the rebuild with some hope of achieving something.

If we can steady the ship and lay the foundation of the next team, then Kane can leave in 2024.

Last edited:
We need to build a team and not rely on Harry Kane.
We need goal contributions from everyone not just Harry Kane.
Selling him now ( abroad hopefully) is probably the best thing for us to do as a team during this period.
Onwards and Upwards.
If he will commit to at least two more seasons I think we should keep him.

Nah, the best thing to do in the first phase of this rebuild is definitely not to sell Kane and put astronomical, insane pressure on the poor bastard that is signed to replace him. If the new Kane flops we are totally fucked. We need Kane’s goals to carry us through the first year of the rebuild with some hope of achieving something.

If we can steady the shame and lay the foundation of the next team, the. Kane can leave in 2024.

If we sell Richy this summer that's a sound strategy.... If not; it will prove a far trickier proposition.

One can also not overlook the finanical 'hit' of letting Kane leave for free (not that it is insurmountable, but it's a significant issue).

Vlahovic would be one that can fill the void of presence that Harry would leave and would get you goals under the way Ange plays but we won’t spend what’s needed to get him. Use Richy as part of a deal for him is an option

kyogo has been mentioned on socials and we’d get him for a reasonable fee but he’s 28 which is not old but still mid 20s would be better suited and would grow with Postecoglou system……side note Kane should go anyway fresh start for him and us.

The problem is he plays 2 roles in this team. There's not many strikers if any that do the job all round that kane does and if there is they aren't coming to a team that doesn't lift atleast the occasional trophy. For us he is irreplaceable. That being said I think toney is a player that could come in and fill that void somewhat.

Rasmus for me, young with a very high ceiling. He's rapid and would suit Ange's high intensity style. Saw man u were linked with him today for 40m. Evan Ferguson would be my 2nd choice.

As others have said Richie would be well suited for Ange's system too.

How could a Spurs supporter muster up the enthusiasm to start a thread like this?

Whoever Spurs bring in to replace Harry Kane will be inadequate.

I remember when Chris Armstrong was brought in to replace Klinsmann.

Armstrong scored 62 goals in 144 games for Spurs.

Pretty decent rate of goals per game.

He stopped celebrating his goals around the time the crowd started booing him.

Kane must stay.

I think Vlahovic is the best option but I doubt he's gettable.

I love Lautaro Martinez but even less gettable.

I think we should go for someone cheap like Calvert Lewin and spend the rest on the defence.

Last edited:
How could a Spurs supporter muster up the enthusiasm to start a thread like this?

Whoever Spurs bring in to replace Harry Kane will be inadequate.

I remember when Chris Armstrong was brought in to replace Klinsmann.

Armstrong scored 62 goals in 144 games for Spurs.

Pretty decent rate of goals per game.

He stopped celebrating his goals around the time the crowd started booing him.

Kane must stay.
Unless we can get him to sign a contract, we should sell him to RM if he's receptive to the idea. We get much needed funds for a rebuild, he's not smashing in goals against us in the PL but he gets to go and bag some trophies.

If we let him wind his current contract down, he could be receptive to the highest wage offered and that could come from Chelsea. And that would be the absolute pits.

I think Vlahovic is the best option but I doubt he's gettable.

I love Lisandro Martinez but even less gettable.

I think we should go for someone cheap like Calvert Lewin and spend the rest on the defence.
Calvert Lewin is no better than what we have aside from H. Which is in itself quite concerning.

Richy, Son and Scarlett. Look for a cheap, experienced rotation option too.

Use the money elsewhere.

However, my first option is to not let Kane leave.
Would this be 19 year old Dane Scarlett who has just scored a whopping 4 goals for Portsmouth in league one ?

I swear some fans actually want us to be shit

Back
Top Bottom