If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madrid cannot afford Kane now they have went for Bellingham and cannot see us wanting a couple of Madrid rejects to replace him on the flip side Richarlison suits Anges system better than Kane so this might cause system issues if Kane stays

We’ve got Richarlison and Sonny to play centrally if Kane leaves .. we need a top quality centre back, creative mid, and left winger for Ange’s system

I keep waiting for a story about Sonny battling an injury this entire season but it doesn't look like it's coming.

The harsh reality is that Son is nothing more than a super sub at this point. His legs are gone and he's not nearly as effective without his speed.

We don't know how Ange views Porro & Udogie. Are they going to be wingers for him?

Madrid cannot afford Kane now they have went for Bellingham and cannot see us wanting a couple of Madrid rejects to replace him on the flip side Richarlison suits Anges system better than Kane so this might cause system issues if Kane stays
They had 200m they didn't spend on mbappe last season

DCL scored 2 in 18 games last season.

Also:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fe1a58a9c-424e-11ec-96bf-de0821791f3f.jpg

God no.

Is that a good or bad thing?

Genuine question.
Well I suppose that depends on whether you think we should cash in or keep hold. I'm in the latter camp so I'm inclined to see it in a positive light.

As I've said before, Marca and As have hacks who work out of the Madrid press office, they're almost always the first to run these stories. I remember the summer we sold Bale, they were virtually bang on the money with regard to the sale and the fee very early on - end of May I think - despite people in Britain ridiculing them for making stuff up out of thin air.

How on earth do you know that

Richy suits his system more than Kane? I really don’t think so. A 1 goal bluffer vs a silky, 30 goal monster, arguably the best striker in the world?

How's the weather in Madrid? Landing in your town Saturday morning...
It's been heaving down all day today, been loads of thunderstorms for the past 10 days. I know its not what you want to hear but my god we need it. This is our local reservoir, it was at 25% - 40% of its normal level before these rains. Most of what you see here as sand would normally be underwater...

embalses-Madrid-mitad-capacidad_2423167691_30585118_1300x731.jpg

Forecast for the weekend is better, with the rain coming back next Monday onwards

Last edited:
Well I suppose that depends on whether you think we should cash in or keep hold. I'm in the latter camp so I'm inclined to see it in a positive light.

As I've said before, Marca and As have hacks who work out of the Madrid press office, they're almost always the first to run these stories. I remember the summer we sold Bale, they were virtually bang on the money with regard to the sale and the fee very early on - end of May I think - despite people in Britain ridiculing them for making stuff up out of thin air.
Good to know. I was thinking more in terms of whether silence in Spain suggested something might actually be afoot. I guess we’re waiting on Marca and As.

I have no idea what the right thing to do is. My solitary hope is that if it has to be done, do it quickly. It would be hugely unfair on the manager (still not sure how to refer to him) to have to deal with the reaction of Kane leaving only a few days before the season starts.

Let us get used to the idea over the Summer.

Point is who cares who scores the goals and how many aslong as we get the results because one thing is certain under Postecoglu we will be playing good football and that is going be a marked improvement on the dribble we have had to endure the past 4 years
Yeah it's nice thought but the goals still have to be scored

I see little to no indication that Richarlison or Kulusevski will get anywhere near close to filling up the gap that Kane would leave

Good to know. I was thinking more in terms of whether silence in Spain suggested something might actually be afoot. I guess we’re waiting on Marca and As.

I have no idea what the right thing to do is. My solitary hope is that if it has to be done, do it quickly. It would be hugely unfair on the manager (still not sure how to refer to him) to have to deal with the reaction of Kane leaving only a few days before the season starts.

Let us get used to the idea over the Summer.
The Spanish in general and especially the media don't do "keeping silent" very well. If they had heard a whisper they'd be all over it.

Back
Top Bottom