If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
Why would you not want to see Spurs play under the most successful manager we've had in the Premier League Era?

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014
Well said MFF. Ever since I saw your admirably useful stat, that Tim has the best win ratio of ANY manager in our ENTIRE football league history (100+ years), I've been using that to question the validity of the vitriol so often aimed at Tim.

Incidentally, while you're around, is it true that Utd are the only team in the country we haven't finished above in the Prem. Be quite a feather in Tim's cap to add them to our collection and get the full set :)

Well said MFF. Ever since I saw your admirably useful stat, that Tim has the best win ratio of ANY manager in our ENTIRE football league history (100+ years), I've been using that to question the validity of the vitriol so often aimed at Tim.

Incidentally, while you're around, is it true that Utd are the only team in the country we haven't finished above in the Prem. Be quite a feather in Tim's cap to add them to our collection and get the full set :)
With a bit of luck, both Everton and ourselves will finish above Manchester United for the first time in the Premier League Era this season.

And yes, United are the only club we've never finished above in the past 22 seasons.

I'd definitely still go. I guess I wouldn't look forward to the matches as much, but I'm on a roll of not missing a first team match at the Lane since March 2012, and when that run does end it's damn well gonna be because of circumstances beyond my control, not the fact that our manager is a bit of an amateur who seems to have a knack for riding his luck.

I would consider not renewing not just because I don't like sherwood but because of generally how much the club have taken the piss in the last few seasons. Us being shit doesn't affect my attendance at all nor does the standard of football.
Deterioration of the atmosphere is also a factor.
Unfortunately my protest would go unnoticed because someone else will happily take my ticket and I'll I straight to the back of the queue.

i had my season ticket during the Sugar years.
compared to that, this even a season like this, is like being blown by Scarlett Johanssen whilst Zooey Deschannel gives me a prostate exam.

It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).
This would equate to around 78 points for a full season.
And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.
I simply don't understand it.
Lol. Stand down. If only football was such a constant that ''would equate to'' actually works. Too many variables for the to be ever a correct thing to say.

Back
Top Bottom