If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
Got it.
Bringing in another manager would cost us millions.

Instead, let's take those millions and spend them on PR lessons for Sherwood. Take away the "I don't know my best team" / "he's not good enough" / "the team are shit, we're shit, so shit" nonsense and he's not an awful manager, really.

- His win rate is OK
- Where many failed, he has got the best out of Adey (and some consistency too, minus WBA)
- His use of home-grown & youth players is commendable (now he's made his point, Bentaleb is used less; Kane is somewhat of a revelation)
- By the start of next season, he will have been in charge for 9 months (plus the 6 years he was already at THFC for); he has worked with the players longer than any new manager will (might have even got 'to know' them by now), so offers some stability/continuity
- LEVY LIKES HIM. Can't get rid of Levy, and Levy will get rid of anyone who comes in if he decides he doesn't like them, so… having someone he does like in charge again offers stability. Bit pathetic, but what can you do?

Just teach the man to shut the fuck up and stop thinking of himself as the Don, and he isn't that bad.

Got it.
Bringing in another manager would cost us millions.

Instead, let's take those millions and spend them on PR lessons for Sherwood. Take away the "I don't know my best team" / "he's not good enough" / "the team are shit, we're shit, so shit" nonsense and he's not an awful manager, really.

- His win rate is OK
- Where many failed, he has got the best out of Adey (and some consistency too, minus WBA)
- His use of home-grown & youth players is commendable (now he's made his point, Bentaleb is used less; Kane is somewhat of a revelation)
- By the start of next season, he will have been in charge for 9 months (plus the 6 years he was already at THFC for); he has worked with the players longer than any new manager will (might have even got 'to know' them by now), so offers some stability/continuity
- LEVY LIKES HIM. Can't get rid of Levy, and Levy will get rid of anyone who comes in if he decides he doesn't like them, so… having someone he does like in charge again offers stability. Bit pathetic, but what can you do?

Just teach the man to shut the fuck up and stop thinking of himself as the Don, and he isn't that bad.
Are you a relative of his??

I'd take this over Timmy, the strong and silent type
the-overachiever.jpg

I would only stop going if Campbell was manager.
Anyone else, whatever league we were in, however bad the football was, I'd still go. In my opinion a loyal football fan goes as often as they can afford to. I can understand those saying they don't go home games cos of the atmosphere, but that's no excuse not to go away.

Back
Top Bottom