If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
if anyone doesnt go to watch there team 'because of the rubbish football' then you need a reality check, should watch your team through thick and thin, anyway, the main reason to not go WHL anymore is the boring cunts who turn up every week and look at you with a weird look when you try to get a song going

I'll go and support the team regardless of who's in charge, I might be less enthusiastic and more inclined to moan if the performance is a borefest, I've always said i'd rather lose 3-0 but look like we are actually trying and making a go of it as opposed to lose 1-0 and look like the players couldn't give a fuck, which has been the story for me most of this season, well up until the second half that is.. Only thing that could possibly suck the enthusiasm out of me even more is FUCKING SUNDAY KICKOFFS!

I moved to Australia in November and one of the things I miss most is not going to the Lane or being able to do an away day.

That said, Sherwood's presence eases the pain!

For numerous reasons (mainly location, money, and time) I haven't been able to get to the Lane this season. However whenever I have the opportunity I always do what I can to go to games, and Sherwood being in charge wouldn't affect that.

For me it's still a magical feeling, and a privilege, to take my seat at White Hart Lane. I always remember the hundreds of thousands of people that would love to be there if they could, and how I have the opportunity to play my part in supporting the club. Doesn't matter how much I might moan about players online, I always give them my full support when I have the chance.

After we got relegated in 1977 the fans invaded the pitch and wouldn't disperse until the players came out on to the directors box and took a standing ovation.
Pat Jennings later said you would have thought Spurs had just won the league rather than just been relegated.
That incident is one of the things that made me most proud of being a Yid.
How times change.

Why would you not want to see Spurs play under the most successful manager we've had in the Premier League Era?

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014
Proof, if ever needed how little stats can mean sometimes

The number of empty seats against Fulham should give a pretty good indication to Dan what's to come next season should this cunt-circus carry on

I remember 77 and the collective feeling of unity and purpose.
As Bob said the times are changing, the game is unrecognisable
from the working class/lower middle class identity it had back then.
The club seemed far less distant and even with the disaster of relegation ,
we felt we would come back and challenge for silverware. A year later
2 World cup winners were in the first team and a couple of years later
glory returned as we had shown intent from those dark days.
Today we huff and puff and the reality of silverware seems a distant past.
Managers are picked with no club ethos (style , flair ), a silent businessman
chairman, an owner who never comes , the blood of our traditions are been
sucked dry. My love is not blind as a child more a love and hate relationship.

shit i answered Yes to the poll question because i thought the poll was about the question in the title. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A POLL WITH A DIFFERENT QUESTION TO THE THREAD TITLE? WHAT KIND OF MAN DOES THAT.

Yes i would go...Spurs is MY team, you should support them through thick and thin and at the end of the day i go for atmosphere and to cheer on those 11 beautiful bastards that play in white not the manager

I hope he stays looking at the results, should mean the atmosphere improves if nothing else.

I hope he stays looking at the results, should mean the atmosphere improves if nothing else.
How can a manager who is loathed by at least 50% of the support help improve the atmosphere. That was the whole gist of the thread really, the question of whether or not present circumstances are making trips to the Lane more miserable.

Only thing that stops me going is the price and awful fans. I used to go sit in any stand; now I will only want to go if it's in park lane and even then it's often shit in there.

if anyone doesnt go to watch there team 'because of the rubbish football' then you need a reality check, should watch your team through thick and thin, anyway, the main reason to not go WHL anymore is the boring cunts who turn up every week and look at you with a weird look when you try to get a song going

It's our awful fans that stop me going, not the manager. Apart from the brilliant 1882 movement, overall I think we've one of the worst set of fans in the country. They make going to the Lane depressing and invariably I end up getting in a row with some of them, so I just don't bother anymore.

Maybe the new stadium will change things, maybe.

I'm with you three. It's the (lack of) support that's going to stop me attending. I'm getting bored of the woman in front of me putting her hands over her ears when I sing (I'm surely not that out of tune) and the cunts to the sides of me slagging off the players within 30 seconds of kick off. I'd rather we went back to being mid-table, if it got rid of all the entitled cunts.

Back
Top Bottom