If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
Well, maybe not just Sherwood, but if the current state of the club stays the same?

Personally I have found myself less reluctant to go as the season has progressed. I even found that I elected to go to Ledley's testimonial over the last game of the season because I'd enjoy it more.

Just how frustrated is fandom feeling right now?

Last edited:
Why would you not want to see Spurs play under the most successful manager we've had in the Premier League Era?

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

Well, maybe not just Sherwood, but if the current state of the club stays the same?

Personally I have found myself less reluctant to go as the season has progressed. I even found that I elected to go to Ledley's testimonial over the last game of the season because I'd enjoy it more.

Just how frustrated in fandom feeling right now.

Yep I'd still be going, although not sure I'd enjoy it when we are playing any of the top 4, if Rose stays as left back I'd still be closing and rolling my eyes for half the game though.

Why would you not want to see Spurs play under the most successful manager we've had in the Premier League Era?

P487_zps35c5dbfb.png

Tottenham Hotspur Manager's Records & Statistics 1898-2014

I do genuinely find this astonishing. Thanks for posting though.

In answer to the OP. Yes I'll be going. It's what being a supporter is. I remember a season not that long ago where were playing Barnsley at this time of the year and it was a genuine relegation 6-pointer.

MFF got his bite in DOUBLE quick time.
It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).
This would equate to around 78 points for a full season.
And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.
I simply don't understand it.

By the same token he's probably got one of the worst records in our history for cup games.

W1 D1 L4

And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.

Because we're not looking like a good team? I'm a stats man - my job is Head of Research at a respected agency... but I divorce win stats from how I watch my team performing. I better indicator for me is goal difference, and we're barely in the positive.

To be honest the PPG ratio and all that I really couldn't give a shit. After the massive spending spree we all had high ambitions for the season but reality hit and that went out of the window.

I had far more of an issue with AVB than Sherwood as manager to be honest and I still watched/went to the games because AVB's style was so boring but it Spurs and that's that. I have long give up the hope of being a title rival and rather than get wound up by it all I simple hope we win and score a good couple of goals. To give him credit there have been quite a few fun games under Sherwood but his style is anarchy and thats not a long term solution.

Just want us to clear the decks, get a suitable replacement and forget about much of this season.

By the same token he's probably got one of the worst records in our history for cup games.

W1 D1 L4
Well yes, but you should remember that AVB had the far easier UEFA Europa League Group Stage matches this season while Sherwood had Benfica in the knock-out stages.

And Woolwich away in the FA Cup was hardly going to be a stroll in the park.

I'll give you West Ham though!

We shouldn't have got as far as Benfica, Dnipro were by far the better team and just squandered their chances (and got a player sent off for no good reason when they looked comfortable).

The Premier League is splitting below where united are, and the gulf is getting big, there used to be a top 4 that we were fighting to get into now its 7, all that matters is trying to compete and get results against those teams, there will be the odd mess up but those top 7 will in the vast majority of cases beat the teams below, and everyone will have a nice PPG record. As Salmon said earlier Moyes's doesnt even look that Tragic

Tim does not have the know how to compete with the other top clubs with their resources, would any of those other top 7 hire Tim to be their manager? no so this is closed, roll on July

It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).

Probably because pro rating a small sample size out over the season is about as meaningless as it gets.
Watching the crap he serves up is probably a better thing to judge on.

Just how frustrated is fandom feeling right now?
It's our awful fans that stop me going, not the manager. Apart from the brilliant 1882 movement, overall I think we've one of the worst set of fans in the country. They make going to the Lane depressing and invariably I end up getting in a row with some of them, so I just don't bother anymore.

Maybe the new stadium will change things, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom