Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah mate, after all these years i'm no longer concerned with who stays and leaves - i hope he stays but if he doesnt someone else will have to try to fill his boots. I just hope if he leaves that it doesnt turn into another Berba,Modric, Bale saga.
He's French so
3073974174643945530.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

The problem with paper chat is that even when they're 100% made up stories, they get back to the players. Every interview with that player involves them being asked if they're going to leave, same for the manager. A complete lie of a story becomes real when the player's head is turned and the actual team supposedly interested pricks up their ears...

Modric never ending rumour until sold, Bale never ending rumour until sold, Lloris never ending bullshit rumours......

I long for the day that the gossip magazine twats that now make up the sports desks of every newspaper in this country leave our players alone and stop trying to manufacture moves for them. Sadly I get the feeling i'll be long dead by the time it happens.

Utter fucking parasites

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly dismissed speculation linking goalkeeper Hugo Lloris with a move away from the club.
It was suggested by a national newspaper on Sunday night that Spurs were close to selling the France international to Real Madrid for around £25m.
However, the North-London club has no intention of allowing the 28-year-old to leave White Hart Lane.
The shotstopper signed a five-year contract extension with Tottenham in the summer.
Lloris has kept seven clean sheets in 25 games so far this season.

Don't blame 'journalists' for making shit up.
In regular news the rate of PR is thought to be higher than 50%. Why not in sports journalism?
Good chance that these stories are helped along by the clubs that might eventually benefit.
Anyway, would hate to see him go.
Luckily we'll make champions league though...

Hugo doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to do a modric.

If levy backs Poch
If levy backs the players with wages that they could get elsewhere
If the club cements the positive signs that are being shown and if the last few seconds of this video clip between Hugo and Harry are anything to go by (8:55 onwards)

Maybe..... just maybe we might be building something here

Hugo doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to do a modric.
If levy backs Poch
If levy backs the players with wages that they could get elsewhere
If the club cements the positive signs that are being shown and if the last few seconds of this video clip between Hugo and Harry are anything to go by (8:55 onwards)

Maybe..... just maybe we might be building something here

Absolutely which is another reason I wish they would just fuck off and report the facts instead of trying to make the stories. Feels like every time we make headway some tosser at a desk spins some bullshit and tries to derail us

Absolutely which is another reason I wish they would just fuck off and report the facts instead of trying to make the stories. Feels like every time we make headway some tosser at a desk spins some bullshit and tries to derail us
Yeah man.
I know where Millbanks is coming from with his press bias thread. Totally understand.
But on the flipside, the more we and our players stay under the radar the better.
Personally, I'd be happy to have no news except from blogs and official Spurs sites.

And speaking from personal experience.... having been offered a job with more money which I turned down....

Sometimes that person sees all angles and realises that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, that maybe the other factors - working environment, other perks, team, sense of achieving something special, group of guys you work with..... mean just a bit more

Yeah man.
I know where Millbanks is coming from with his press bias thread. Totally understand.
But on the flipside, the more we and our players stay under the radar the better.
Personally, I'd be happy to have no news except from blogs and official Spurs sites.

And speaking from personal experience.... having been offered a job with more money which I turned down....

Sometimes that person sees all angles and realises that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, that maybe the other factors - working environment, other perks, team, sense of achieving something special, group of guys you work with..... mean just a bit more

Fuck all this lazy journalism about Lloris.. How did your colleague take the pictures on his wall ???

After such a great win the other night who would want to leave!

Well this is just it, 8 weeks ago everyone was saying they would clap him out the door as he has had to put up with 3 years of shit

Now we have put a few wins together we hope against hope he may stay, but if it is a top shelf side he deserves to play there, at a top price there's nothing we can do, we could win 2 trophies this year but you can't turn down a move to Madrid

Back
Top Bottom