Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope the rumors arent true. But if they are...we best get over 30 for him.

I don't think Vorm is the type of quality we need, but he may have to do until summer.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris stars on the front cover of L’Equipe on Friday morning.

The Euro 2016 hosts face Albania in a friendly this evening and Lloris has given an in-depth interview to the French daily newspaper.

Lloris, besides talking about Les Bleus, also discussed Tottenham’s recent form, which has been pretty woeful, especially at home in the Premier League.

Spurs’ latest post-Europa League defeat came against Stoke last Sunday and besides Nacer Chadli, Lloris is pretty much the only player to come out the opening weeks of the season with any credit.

So, Lloris’ encouraging words for beleaguered Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino should cheer some despondent Spurs fans.

Lloris: “When it’s the third coach in a year & there are problems, the coach is not necessarily the problem. I trust this coach.”

The Spurs keeper continued: “We are working to find solutions. I went through similar periods at Lyon. I am comfortable in London.”

L’Equipe also asked Lloris if he regretted signing a new Spurs contract: “No, not at all, because I trust the technical staff and the coach.”

It would seem, like many Spurs fans, that Lloris accepts Tottenham’s poor form this season is firmly down to the players…

I wouldn't be at all surprised is De Gea ends up at Madrid and Lloris at PSG
Pretty sure Hugo has said in the past that he doesn't want to go back to Ligue 1. He's won everything he possibly could there with OL. I bed Madrid go after De Gea and hopefully we get to keep Hugo.

A proper (quiet) authority in a shower.

Captain of his own country in a position that frequently doesnt get given the armband.

Why he hasnt got it at Spurs is beyond me, it will hurt me when he goes more than anyone as he is proper class and a master of his position

I really hope the rumors arent true. But if they are...we best get over 30 for him.

I don't think Vorm is the type of quality we need, but he may have to do until summer.

Goalkeepers tend to be grossly undervalued, so it's unlikely we'd get 30m, though he's worth it to me

Wouldn't make him captain though - a long way from the action to appraise what's happening, alter positions and generally influence proceedings

Back
Top Bottom