Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Casillas looks to be on the goalkeeper scrapheap at 32, so that doesn't apply. Neuer is the same age as Lloris, so doesn't apply.

Buffon is the only one who might apply considering the context - something tells me you've either not read or not understood what I was saying

I think it's incredibly disrespectful to Brad to call him 'average at best' anyway, he's been solid and reliable considering his age and keepers we've had in the past.
kfs7.png
No, I get that you think he's still young for a GK, and he is, he's got 10years or more left in him.

However, he's a once in a thousand, if not more, talent, and has to be judged a little differently. Brad is solid yes, and considering his age when he came to us, quite sublime, but compare him to the actual greats and he's average.

Both Buffon and Casillas have peaked too early and not been able to maintain their level for long enough. Buffon isn't that much older than Casillas after all. However they are still better keepers than most of their fellow pro's. The only keeper I can remember (in my life time) that was truly great at a high age was Van der Sar.

No, I get that you think he's still young for a GK, and he is, he's got 10years or more left in him.

However, he's a once in a thousand, if not more, talent, and has to be judged a little differently. Brad is solid yes, and considering his age when he came to us, quite sublime, but compare him to the actual greats and he's average.

Both Buffon and Casillas have peaked too early and not been able to maintain their level for long enough. Buffon isn't that much older than Casillas after all. However they are still better keepers than most of their fellow pro's. The only keeper I can remember (in my life time) that was truly great at a high age was Van der Sar.

I'll have to nudge you in the right direction then, as I don't think you did understand my point.

My point was that a goalkeeper normally keeps improving until their mid 30's and beyond, so considering how crappy Friedel and James seemed in their 20's at Liverpool, they both improved massively later in their careers, beyond a point where any outfield player would peak. Neuer doesn't come into the equation as he's not evidence of a goalkeeper being massively better in their 30's than 20s. Nor is Casillas.

So point being is that Lloris is playing solidly now, so by the time he is in his 30's (if he avoid a Cech type injury) he should be up there amongst the all timers.

So really the point is that he's very good for a player that is technically at the lower end of the expected development age.

I was concerned he was making uncharacteristic errors after the head injury. But after the last few games I'm reassured he's back to top form.

I was concerned he was making uncharacteristic errors after the head injury. But after the last few games I'm reassured he's back to top form.

I maintain that those errors are confidence-driven rather than anything else. Nobody takes a knee to the head without some after-effects, but the real damage is psychological.

It took Cech two years to come back properly. It was just a handful of games for Lloris.
Granted, the severity of injury differed a great deal.

I agree. Like you say, I don't think there is any permanent structural/physical damage.

His confidence has returned/ is returning and hopefully what happened is behind him.

"Although discussions were brief, it is understood that the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric, who played with Lloris at White Hart Lane have become buoyed by the rumours."

Modric sold August '12
Lloris bought September '12

Aside from that though, seems legit.

I noticed that, but it wouldn't surprise me if that tried for him

Back
Top Bottom