Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

London-Herald-Titanic-Sinks-101070-748588.jpg

:sherwoodlol:

Lloris IMO is a top keeper but if he has a flaw it's his kicking. His kicks from the floor are a bit wayward more often than not. I wonder what his golf handicap is?

I love the guy always have, its funny seeing as many newcastle players as spurs congratulating him after saves today before corners, the French brown nosing for a summer trip to Brazil

Must be the French connection. Hugo was HUGE tonight. Lot's of Mon ami from Newcastle players. On the game, if we play like we did in the 1st half against Woolwich, Chelski or the Scousers we can look fwd to being thrashed again. What the hell, let's bask in a 4 0 thrashing of the Toon army! They out sang us down the Lane and took the piss, they should take a good look at themselves going home at 3 0. Our fans sang all night up in the clouds in the shit seats.

"We need a break in front of goal. Their keeper made two or three outstanding saves. The overall performance is a concern, it's not the result or the fact we haven't scored." (Pardew: after match interview)

Hugo was sensational yesterday, and led from the front.

He plays as well as you could expect a guy to for his age. If he continues as he is without any more serious incidents (head injury thing) then he'll do well. He doesn't seem to be the tallest/bulkiest figure in goal, but that doesn't seem to affect him at all.

I'm divided as to whether his rushing out is a liability or a strength at times, but can't argue with his ability to react to a deflection or surprise shot/header.

Considering that goalkeepers tend not to peak until their 30's, he's got a great future.

I always think about what Brad was like in his 20's and how he seemed to peak in mid to late 30's. David James was a bit like that too.

He plays as well as you could expect a guy to for his age. If he continues as he is without any more serious incidents (head injury thing) then he'll do well. He doesn't seem to be the tallest/bulkiest figure in goal, but that doesn't seem to affect him at all.

I'm divided as to whether his rushing out is a liability or a strength at times, but can't argue with his ability to react to a deflection or surprise shot/header.

Considering that goalkeepers tend not to peak until their 30's, he's got a great future.

I always think about what Brad was like in his 20's and how he seemed to peak in mid to late 30's. David James was a bit like that too.
Don't compare a world class keeper to average at best keepers... If anything compare him to players like Buffon, Casillas and Neuer...

Don't compare a world class keeper to average at best keepers... If anything compare him to players like Buffon, Casillas and Neuer...

Casillas looks to be on the goalkeeper scrapheap at 32, so that doesn't apply. Neuer is the same age as Lloris, so doesn't apply.

Buffon is the only one who might apply considering the context - something tells me you've either not read or not understood what I was saying

I think it's incredibly disrespectful to Brad to call him 'average at best' anyway, he's been solid and reliable considering his age and keepers we've had in the past.
kfs7.png

Absolute strength. Off his line so quick if forces the attackers hand. Attacker fluffs it more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom