How will we score goals?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So who do you guys think will score our goals this season? I'm very happy that we have strenghtened the defence, and if we can get another CB in it would leave us in a strong position. But last year we scored about the same amount of goals as Southampton and Swansea. United scored 9 more than us, Everton 6 and Woolwich 13 more. Of course, if we become less hilarious/tragic in defense we don't need so many, but the amount of players with goals in them are a bit worrying. Right now I would say the following players are to be relied upon:

Adebayor
Eriksen

and then:

Paulinho (maybe)
Kane (maybe)
Holtby (maybe)
Soldado (maybe)

You could add the likes of Chadli and Townsend to that list, but we have very few consistent goal scorers. Is that good enough for our ambitions? I would love to get a winger/striker in who is lethal in front of goal. Remy is a risky buy, but might be the best we can get. Thoughts?

goal.png

More relevant to the thread title than your post. I thought it was funny anyway.

Without strengthening our forward line I too am wary of the number of goals we may score this season. A stronger defence is definitely needed but not the answer. Goals win football matches, clean sheets will only stop you losing. As much as I hope that Soldado will come good, I cannot help but think that our style really isn't suited to his strengths and unless Lamela, Lennon, Townsend or whoever start pumping ball in the box, or Eriksen et al slide some through balls or put it on a plate he will struggle again.

We only have two weeks, and I'm not sure that Remy is the answer, nor Destro. Bony would be ideal but that's going to be silly money.

goal.png

More relevant to the thread title than your post. I thought it was funny anyway.

Without strengthening our forward line I too am wary of the number of goals we may score this season. A stronger defence is definitely needed but not the answer. Goals win football matches, clean sheets will only ever guarantee you a point. As much as I hope that Soldado will come good, I cannot help but think that our style really isn't suited to his strengths and unless Lamela, Lennon, Townsend or whoever start pumping ball in the box, or Eriksen et al slide some through balls or put it on a plate he will struggle again.

We only have two weeks, and I'm not sure that Remy is the answer, nor Destro. Bony would be ideal but that's going to be silly money.
Did you take the time to MS Paint that little cartoon? If so, I respect you to the utmost degree. If not, you are dead to me.

Based on the suggestions so far we are well and truly fucked :dawsonlol:

In regards to Lamela. He's an unknown right now as he hasn't really shown anything in the league. No idea if he'll end up with 15 goals or none.

I'm not basing it on one game, I'm basing it on last season aswell. Potch is a good manager who I'm glad is here, but he isn't a miracle worker. His hands are tied with these players.

We offer nothing going forward, and are starved of creativity. It's going to be a long frustrating season again.

He has identified the problems, citing crucial things such as the fact that we don't move the ball forward quickly enough. He is absolutely correct, and he will fix this.

I know he has identified these things, he has said so. He is a good manager, but you cant make players do something that they arnt capable of doing. If we sign some better players then it might happen sooner rather than later, but this current crop, apart from eriksen just don't have the vision and the ability to play quick pressing football.

Look at paulinho for example, has anyone actually checked for a pulse with this guy.?

Teams don't fear us in an attacking threat at all, because we have nothing to threaten them with.

I know he has identified these things, he has said so. He is a good manager, but you cant make players do something that they arnt capable of doing. If we sign some better players then it might happen sooner rather than later, but this current crop, apart from eriksen just don't have the vision and the ability to play quick pressing football.

Look at paulinho for example, has anyone actually checked for a pulse with this guy.?

Teams don't fear us in an attacking threat at all, because we have nothing to threaten them with.

Right, teams sitting back and defending for over half the game against us is a sign of them being unafraid of our ability to attack...

We have several young, talented playmakers that have just now started playing together under a new coach. Get yourself together man-- we'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom