Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like this and agree with it all but feel it's anti Dele and I'm not having that. Dele gets more minutes because he provides more balance to us linking defence, midfield and attack together. The author then omits Dele from the character type, bringing in Kane as the other "good pro" example that Kane always receives (rightly) but why omit Dele? In fact wasn't it Son that wanted to leave after his first season.

I know you are a staunch defender of Deles work rate off the ball, and that's fine.

But try to think of it like this regarding his form.

Can you imagine this team right now going through this spell with the Dele of two years ago? Talk about missing links and title challenges ......it's right there, on the pitch every week.

If people can't understand my frustration at that, I'm not sure they really understand just how good Dele is, because the guy out there this season is a mere parody account.

I know you are a staunch defender of Deles work rate off the ball, and that's fine.

But try to think of it like this regarding his form.

Can you imagine this team right now going through this spell with the Dele of two years ago? Talk about missing links and title challenges ......it's right there, on the pitch every week.

If people can't understand my frustration at that, I'm not sure they really understand just how good Dele is, because the guy out there this season is a mere parody account.
Not for me. I don’t think he’s out of form, he’s doing what he’s done since coming to us. (He was off at the beginning of the season just like the season before following the Euros), thought he came back sometime in October.

He’s a tireless runner and presser. In the not so big games he does Kane’s pressing for him this season, think it’s a deliberate thing where Kane’s intensity is being regulated and used only in certain games. Also, Dele last season played beyond Kane, he was the furthest forward, this year he’s playing behind him and Son most weeks, he’s adapting to the oppo who are now studying his role with us.

The last couple of years he made headlines because he scored lots of goals (he missed just as many as he scored too), this year he’s playing a slightly different role and hadn’t scored as much as a result. But for me he still misses as many opportunities, under-hits as many passes, has as many flicks and nutmegs fail and gets dispossessed as many time. I see the same player doing the same things but playing a slightly different role.

DXl36ARX0AAn5wD.jpg

Put on one of the best performances of his career with us in this game. Such a shift tonight. Gutted for him.

That last shot of him sitting on the floor all alone with Spurs fans leaving behind him felt awful. Poor guy.

Put on one of the best performances of his career with us in this game. Such a shift tonight. Gutted for him.

That last shot of him sitting on the floor all alone with Spurs fans leaving behind him felt awful. Poor guy.

Was today like Saturday our most potent player.

Others need to raise their level for our last what we hope is 12 games.

It seemed like Juventus especially took an off-hand dirty stance on him this game. During the game the commentators would always point out him being tripped/pushed to the floor off the ball while play was going on somewhere else

It was embarrassing that Barzaghi didn't even get yellow for his triple stamp on Son. Seems we are fated to get the worst calls, from Barzagli, to VAR, to getting an illegal start called back on us in the past few games.

Anyways, Son did us proud, and I was glad to see him get his goal in this tie.

It was embarrassing that Barzaghi didn't even get yellow for his triple stamp on Son. Seems we are fated to get the worst calls, from Barzagli, to VAR, to getting an illegal start called back on us in the past few games.

Anyways, Son did us proud, and I was glad to see him get his goal in this tie.

He’s in the zone, and justified his place in the team tonight. Lucky with the goal, but you could see in the build-up that he found the space and called for it. The definition of making his own luck.

He’s likely to finish the season with 20+ goals again this season, which is impressive.

He was superb again last night.
I watched him closely & he was always available as an outlet. He will have woken up feeling very sore because him, Harry & Dele were getting some real nasty digs from Juve players- off camera no doubt, & out of the view of the ref.
We kept our heads though, & Son epitomised everything that was good about our performance.
9/10 performance from him imo.

Son should have stayed down for couple more min when he was spike stumped. I think we were up by 1:0 then? I am sure the greasy Juve bastards would call that part of the experience factor

Back
Top Bottom