Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully we’ll get advanced warning of when that’s about to happen, and we can loan him to West Ham for the duration.

You just know those dumb cretins would fall for it.

He wouldn't like the idea of dropping into the Championship, even if he was never going to play for them.

There's no reason for Son to stay at Spurs if that happens. That means he got subbed out + got denied hattrick for no fkng reason even after such an awesome display. That's pure disrespect from Poch. Pretty sure that's not the case and he will start.
I more than understand where you are coming from on this but I didn't mind when Son was subbed off after the brace, Son probably didn't mind too much either bc we all think Poch did that to keep Son in top shape for the Juve start. As selfish as Son may look at times he is a team team player. However you can indeed consider Son gone if Poch does not start him on next Juve and Spurs end up losing and out of the CL.
I give more than 91 percent chance Poch start Son. That's high considering I rarely give anything above 90

There's no reason for Son to stay at Spurs if that happens. That means he got subbed out + got denied hattrick for no fkng reason even after such an awesome display. That's pure disrespect from Poch. Pretty sure that's not the case and he will start.
You are barking up the wrong tree old chap!
Son will be needed for the Juve game that is showing respect by Poch!

He’s gone all peak Bale in the last couple of matches. I’d not want to be a right back playing against this guy right now.

Fast, skilful, direct. Absolutely love seeing him in full flow.

On the note of this army thing. I’ve never heard him or anyone at he club comment on it. Now I’m not suggesting that our South Korean posters don’t know what they are talking about, but wouldn’t we expect to hear more about this if it were the case?

I've turned Boltonspur Boltonspur into a cat and now I want to make you disappear.

Harry???

gallery-1479307306-harry-potter-philosophers-stone-wand-daniel-radcliffe.gif

As brilliant of the manager he is Poch is only human. Sometimes makes tactical mistakes and shows preferential treatment to certain players due to varying reasons but all within range that I can relate to as one human to another. Lamela for a quick example would it not be only natural Poch try to facilitate as much as he could plus some more within his power bc he's own country man?

As brilliant of the manager he is Poch is only human. Sometimes makes tactical mistakes and shows preferential treatment to certain players due to varying reasons but all within range that I can relate to as one human to another. Lamela for a quick example would it not be only natural Poch try to facilitate as much as he could plus some more within his power bc he's own country man?
Frontier gibberish.

Why doesn’t he just sign Argentinians then?

I like Poch. Succesfull brilliant young manager he is but he shows some signs that worry me. Did he mention recently about retirement and time to do is when its not fun any more and stuff like that? I think this high stakes game week and week out is starting to get him. One thing that he needs not do is reading these forum imo. I want him to get some sleep instead if he ever has time to read it.:pochbye:

He may win it, but if not then I think they will make an exception for him.

No. You dont understand how harsh Korea is about military service. No exceptions will be given to anyone.

Will Spurs actually let him go for the Asian Games tho? It's taking place in August~September, so he will miss the pre-season/start of the next season.

He’s gone all peak Bale in the last couple of matches. I’d not want to be a right back playing against this guy right now.

Fast, skilful, direct. Absolutely love seeing him in full flow.

On the note of this army thing. I’ve never heard him or anyone at he club comment on it. Now I’m not suggesting that our South Korean posters don’t know what they are talking about, but wouldn’t we expect to hear more about this if it were the case?

Heung-Min Son's Tottenham future uncertain due to his mandatory military duties with South Korea

There are many other articles if you actually google.

See, now what you’ve done there is take my opinion that I’ve never heard Son or the club comment on this and posted some crap from a newspaper. With no quotes from Son or the club regarding military service.

So that’s helpful.

However, thanks for the advice on that Google thing. I’ll maybe start using that if I want answers to questions I didn’t ask.

F365

Heung-Min Son

You ask him to play wing-back, and he does it. You ask him to play as wide forward, and he does it. You ask him to fill in as a central striker, and he does it. You ask him to harry and hassle opponents, and he does it. You need him to unlock a defence, and he does it. You ask him to score goals, and he does it.

Son could be a little peeved with life at Tottenham. While Dele Alli has a VIP pass to the first team despite a comparatively disappointing season, Son is regularly left on the bench and given 20 minutes or fewer to impress. Since joining Tottenham, he has been on the bench 38 times in the league and started only 57 times. His talent merits better than that.

Yet Son does not kick up a fuss, make pointed statements to his manager in the media or ask his agent to leak stories of discontent. Instead he simply gets on with every task set with the willingness of the most loyal servant.

“I think Son is one of the players from who you always expect amazing things,” Mauricio Pochettino said after the game. “He’s a talented player, consistent, very professional and of course when a player like him or Harry, they work a lot and that work pays back. He is another example of a model profession – Harry Kane and Son. But we have a lot of examples of what it means to be professional.”

Selling Son on his work ethic does him a disservice, but selling him on his personality should not. If his goal record doesn’t merit being mentioned in the same breath as Kane, there is a reason Pochettino links the two together. These are exactly the type of people you need when creating a squad greater than the sum of its parts.

Back
Top Bottom