Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where was his amazing smile after scoring the first?
Media says: fallen out with Poch and levy, contract under negotiation, wants to force a move to shitsville FC!

Edit: this is a joke so no melting!

Son been quality again this season. The only worry I have is he didn’t look very happy at coming off at the weekend and being on a hat trick I thought it was a bit harsh of Poch to take him off.

He’s been so professional given the way he is rotated and I don’t want to see us get to a point where he’s not happy with his role in the side when others like Kane and Eriksen are undroppable/unsubable.

Son been quality again this season. The only worry I have is he didn’t look very happy at coming off at the weekend and being on a hat trick I thought it was a bit harsh of Poch to take him off.

He’s been so professional given the way he is rotated and I don’t want to see us get to a point where he’s not happy with his role in the side when others like Kane and Eriksen are undroppable/unsubable.

I wouldn't worry about that......contrary to popular belief Asian people aren't always happy....lol

I remember las season people were worried that he didn't run to the fans and he was upset because he didn't have a song.

He does need a song though....come on lads it's not hard:

You are my Son shine
Ain't no Son shine when hes gone
Oh Sonny days instead of Happy Days

I dunno something

I wouldn't worry about that......contrary to popular belief Asian people aren't always happy....lol

I remember las season people were worried that he didn't run to the fans and he was upset because he didn't have a song.

He does need a song though....come on lads it's not hard:

You are my Son shine
Ain't no Son shine when hes gone
Oh Sonny days instead of Happy Days

I dunno something
loads of fans where I was sat were singing nice one sonny when he scored both his goals on Saturday

I think he can take some more minor shit here and ther as long as the team is winning. Hes on a high road with overdrive. I am sure he realizes this is a very special team at a critical pivot w bunch of athletes on the verge all sorts of things. But just like everyone else the team has to keep improving and not to squander too much.

F365

Heung-Min Son

You ask him to play wing-back, and he does it. You ask him to play as wide forward, and he does it. You ask him to fill in as a central striker, and he does it. You ask him to harry and hassle opponents, and he does it. You need him to unlock a defence, and he does it. You ask him to score goals, and he does it.

Son could be a little peeved with life at Tottenham. While Dele Alli has a VIP pass to the first team despite a comparatively disappointing season, Son is regularly left on the bench and given 20 minutes or fewer to impress. Since joining Tottenham, he has been on the bench 38 times in the league and started only 57 times. His talent merits better than that.

Yet Son does not kick up a fuss, make pointed statements to his manager in the media or ask his agent to leak stories of discontent. Instead he simply gets on with every task set with the willingness of the most loyal servant.

“I think Son is one of the players from who you always expect amazing things,” Mauricio Pochettino said after the game. “He’s a talented player, consistent, very professional and of course when a player like him or Harry, they work a lot and that work pays back. He is another example of a model profession – Harry Kane and Son. But we have a lot of examples of what it means to be professional.”

Selling Son on his work ethic does him a disservice, but selling him on his personality should not. If his goal record doesn’t merit being mentioned in the same breath as Kane, there is a reason Pochettino links the two together. These are exactly the type of people you need when creating a squad greater than the sum of its parts.
I like this and agree with it all but feel it's anti Dele and I'm not having that. Dele gets more minutes because he provides more balance to us linking defence, midfield and attack together. The author then omits Dele from the character type, bringing in Kane as the other "good pro" example that Kane always receives (rightly) but why omit Dele? In fact wasn't it Son that wanted to leave after his first season.

I like this and agree with it all but feel it's anti Dele and I'm not having that. Dele gets more minutes because he provides more balance to us linking defence, midfield and attack together. The author then omits Dele from the character type, bringing in Kane as the other "good pro" example that Kane always receives (rightly) but why omit Dele? In fact wasn't it Son that wanted to leave after his first season.
A few of us wanted Son to leave after his first season to be fair.

Dele at times needs to stop fucking around looking for someone to nutmeg but get with it pass quicker etc But I don't think anyone complaining too much about Dele inclusing Son. We got couple of supermans, technicians and afew bulldozers in between plus Dele. I think hes pretty special, got my vote.

True. I was one of 'em. Thought his first touch was awful.
EXTREMELY happy to be proved wrong.
Yep. He had the touch of a rapist in those early days.
But he has worked so hard, seems extremely humble & likeable- & is now a very important member of the squad.

Love him to bits...apart from when he plays LWB. Not so good there.

Dele at times needs to stop fucking around looking for someone to nutmeg but get with it pass quicker etc But I don't think anyone complaining too much about Dele inclusing Son. We got couple of supermans, technicians and afew bulldozers in between plus Dele. I think hes pretty special, got my vote.
His nutmegs are what brakes the oppo press, just as his flicks. All high risk and low percentage, but without them we will be just flaccid and boring, with a ball going sideways or with one too many touches slowing everything down giving the oppo time to set themselves. It's so important he continues to do them, let him fly rather than stifle. Kill this, then expect to kill us in the process.

His nutmegs are what brakes the oppo press, just as his flicks. All high risk and low percentage, but without them we will be just flaccid and boring, with a ball going sideways or with one too many touches slowing everything down giving the oppo time to set themselves. It's so important he continues to do them, let him fly rather than stifle. Kill this, then expect to kill us in the process.
Those are ok by me too. He just cant look for one when there is no one around him. It takes too long.

I thought he was bloody dreadful.
But he’s turned out to be an absolute gem
Fair enough, I thought he was mustard. Not many players score 2 goals in 2 mins on their debut.

Think the feeling was he lost the ball a lot, but I recall having a few arguments saying that we always counter-pressed off this and scoring many goals as a direct consequence. Can't be arsed to dig over that again though. LOL

His a ability to cut in and skip past defenders at the byline is usually a lot more affective than crosses from both fullbacks. The move to Wembley has been great for him as it gives him that extra space.

At times; Dele doesn’t pass in time I think because he wants to look good with the ball and enjoy looking at himself on the replay at home. Kane doesn’t do it because hes got to shoot. Son doesn’t do it because he knows he can shoot better than anyone if he can do it. Erickson doesn’t do it probably because hes tired of doing it. Dembele does not do it because he likes to toy the opponent with the ball. Lamela dont do it because I don’t know why. Moura looks promising but has been given about 10 minutes so far so we don’t really know. I am longing for the day when all players pass as quickly as they know how to. The team will be unstoppable and the legend will be made when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom