Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just love a two footed player that runs with the ball. Creates problems by turning defenders, wether the individual runs come off or not, the damage has been done, defences are out of shape. That 2nd goal was class.

When it came out that Son was not being sold, I was hoping for a Lamela type sophomore campaign. When I saw that he skipped international duty to concentrate on the club after going to the Olympics, I was optimistic. I'm glad Poch started him over Lamela so that latter could rest, and Son repaid Poch's faith in him.

There were a couple times where some bad habits cropped up again (too many dribbles into second man, poor passing in counter/final third), but he made the most of his chances and consistently found space all day today. If I were Poch, I would put him in the starting XI against Monaco over and maybe sit Wanyama/Dier with Dele slotted back.

Hopefully this continues, as we will need our depth to perform to expectations to compete on all fronts.

When it came out that Son was not being sold, I was hoping for a Lamela type sophomore campaign. When I saw that he skipped international duty to concentrate on the club after going to the Olympics, I was optimistic. I'm glad Poch started him over Lamela so that latter could rest, and Son repaid Poch's faith in him.

There were a couple times where some bad habits cropped up again (too many dribbles into second man, poor passing in counter/final third), but he made the most of his chances and consistently found space all day today. If I were Poch, I would put him in the starting XI against Monaco over and maybe sit Wanyama/Dier with Dele slotted back.

Hopefully this continues, as we will need our depth to perform to expectations to compete on all fronts.

Ahem, the Moose is back.

That 2nd was pure Bundesliga Son. Great direct run, find space and then a thumping finish without any thought.

The guy flat out scores goals, he was one of the best players in the Bundesliga his last season with Bayer.

That 2nd goal was a fucking peach...

...if it had been scored by a Man City/Utd/Chelsea player, SKY would've organised a National Holiday to celebrate!

I gotta be honest, when I saw he'd been named in the starting XI, I thought Poch was going easy ahead of the CL game, 'cos it was only Stoke... as it was, he proved invaluable, and the key to unlock a very awkward (and 'up for it'/aggrieved) opposition.
He's a livewire, and very useful to have in the ranks.

Good performance today from Son, definitely something to start from this season and work on. I'd play him next game after that one and give him some trust. You never know he may kick on and if he can work on his all round game then another good option for Poch. Feel he needs games in the team and he can be a definite option to rotate our front 3.
Also nice seeing him celebrating with Dele after the 2nd, looked like one of the team.

giphy.gif

Good performance today from Son, definitely something to start from this season and work on. I'd play him next game after that one and give him some trust. You never know he may kick on and if he can work on his all round game then another good option for Poch. Feel he needs games in the team and he can be a definite option to rotate our front 3.
Also nice seeing him celebrating with Dele after the 2nd, looked like one of the team.
Son is very much one of the core group behind the scenes if u watch any of the Spurs tv stuff which is always good to see.

I'm suprised how many wrote him off after last season despite the injury that intrupted his bright start. Lamela aught to be a lesson in not writing players off after 1 season.

Son is very much one of the core group behind the scenes if u watch any of the Spurs tv stuff which is always good to see.

I'm suprised how many wrote him off after last season despite the injury that intrupted his bright start. Lamela aught to be a lesson in not writing players off after 1 season.
I think you have to write off some players though. Poch & all managers do it.

People are just given their opinions on who will & won't make it. Or else we all post I think all our players will make it.

Son has shown in a handful of games how good he can be.
It is just whether he can be consistent & stay in the team. Probably back on the bench next game. But I'd like him to keep his spot as he is hot right now.

You can tell by the celebrations. He has his handshake with Dele. Think I saw him doing the running man after Harry's goal.

I think you have to write off some players though. Poch & all managers do it.

People are just given their opinions on who will & won't make it. Or else we all post I think all our players will make it.

Son has shown in a handful of games how good he can be.
It is just whether he can be consistent & stay in the team. Probably back on the bench next game. But I'd like him to keep his spot as he is hot right now.
Yeah of course, I'm not disputing that. Some players it's clear they aren't up to it but Son had shown too many glimpses of quality for people to be writing him off.

If anything he actually showed more last season that Lamela did in his first from what I recall.

Yeah of course, I'm not disputing that. Some players it's clear they aren't up to it but Son had shown too many glimpses of quality for people to be writing him off.

If anything he actually showed more last season that Lamela did in his first from what I recall.

What I like about Sonny is that this lad takes things well. Remember when people wrote him off after the last game of the 15-16 season against New Castle? He handled it well. Over the summer, when many (Korean) people blamed him for the loss in the Olympics, he kept on going contributing to a win against China during the international break. Now after his transfer rumors back to Bundesliga, he focused on fighting for the starting XI and skipped his international duty against Syria. To top off, he has his smile on all the time.

Son certainly had glimpses of potential last season. But, I think we will see more of those now that we will be busy with CL and EPL cup. He will have his chances, I am sure.

Those 2 goals were well-deserved today! Even better, when I thought he was going to have his first EPL hattrick, Son decided to pass to Kane (I thouhht it was for Dier) giving him his 50th goal. He showed great composure within the box, which is what we need more!

Although I hoped to see more interaction between Sonny and Lamela, but those two seemed to be hesitant to pass to each other today... was it only me who felt that way?

Back
Top Bottom